ATL Attorney Kills Wife Because He's Scared Of BLM

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Atlanta lawyer Claud “Tex” McIver was driving with his wife Sunday night near Piedmont Park when their car hit a bump and a gun in his lap accidentally fired, killing his wife, a family spokesman told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Diane McIver was taken to Emory University Hospital on Clifton Road and died in surgery several hours later.

The incident unfolded after the McIvers vehicle was approached by several individuals near the intersection of Peachtree and Pine streets in Midtown, spokesman Bill Crane, a McIver family friend, said.

The McIvers retrieved their gun — a .38 snub-nose revolver — from the center console of the 2013 Ford Expedition, alarmed about recent unrest surrounding several Black Lives Matter protests in the area and fearing a carjacking, Crane told The AJC.

The couple, who were being driven by an unidentified individual, left the area unharmed. But several blocks later on Piedmont Ave. near the park, the SUV hit a bump and the gun fired, Crane said. It was still wrapped in a plastic Publix bag in which it had been stored, Crane said.

Crane said McIver does not remember firing the gun. He was leaning back in the seat and nodding off when they hit the bump, the gun in his lap, Crane said.

Tex McIver was in the SUV’s back seat. Diane McIver was seated in the front passenger seat.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner said she died of a gunshot wound to the back that had passed through the seat.

The couple had been traveling from their home in rural Putnam County to another in Buckhead. The driver exited at the Downtown Connector at Edgewood Avenue to avoid traffic, Crane said.

“It’s a tragedy. They are two great professionals, philanthropists,” Crane said.

Crane said Tex McIver is “under extreme duress. Trauma.”

Crane said the couple had not been drinking.

The Atlanta Police Department has said almost nothing about the case, which involves two prominent residents. They declined to elaborate on Friday.

They released an incident report of the shooting on Wednesday, more than two days after officers responded to a call of a gunshot victim at the university hospital.

“This is one of those situations we’re working through very slowly,” police Sgt. Warren Pickard said. “We want to get it right.”

The police report did not list who was in the SUV, other than Diane McIver. An officer talked to the driver, but didn’t include in the report what the driver said. Nor did the report say why the driver took the injured woman to a hospital on Clifton Road, 4 ½ miles away. Piedmont Hospital is less than half that distance from the shooting scene.

Diane McIver, whom one associate described as “extremely intellectual,” made a successful career as president of Corey Airport Services, an Atlanta-based marketing company.

Her husband, a partner in his firm, is vice president of the Georgia State Election Board. In August, he assumed another seat on another board. The American Bar Association appointed him to the advisory committee of the association’s Standing Committee on Gun Violence.

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mom just told me about this..The family owns this smoke stack that has an electronic billboard on it that you can see from I-85 downtown and i pass it every day on the way to work...they stay putting some Republican ? on it. Everytime Trump comes to the city they put his face and "Welcome to Atlanta".. They put her face up there today with "RIP"

?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The devil ? made me do it"
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Ain't no way a revolver is going to accidentally fire

Unless you already had the hammer cocked....who rides in the backseat when their wife is driving......You were scared of the BLM protesters, but you dozed off all of a sudden, hmm,ok, got it ......You drive to a hospital 5 miles away, versus 1 close to you, and you're a lawyer....The car didn't swerve or hit anything, and you're wife was actively driving as she got hit with the bullet ....Murder 1 if you ask me, but due to white privilege, this will be purposely ignored.

She wasn't a driver. She was in passenger seat in the front. He was behind her in the back. With the hammer ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Stiff wrote: »
    My mom just told me about this..The family owns this smoke stack that has an electronic billboard on it that you can see from I-85 downtown and i pass it every day on the way to work...they stay putting some Republican ? on it. Everytime Trump comes to the city they put his face and "Welcome to Atlanta".. They put her face up there today with "RIP"

?

@Stiff

I thought Billy Corey (Corey Tower) owned that??