MMA UFC TAPOUT Fighting in Gen... yup. Imma do it.

Options
MizuryLillith
MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im going Monday to join the closest MMA gym. I'm starting with cardio circuit training and fitnessboxing (non-sparring) This Gym has no female competitors and I have already sent them an email expressing ultimately I want to become their female asset. Lol...

Hi...
My name's Mizury and I'm extremely interested in learning as much as possible about MMA and want to begin training....
I've been interested in fighting and self defense since I was little and have never had the opportunity to get involved.
I'm in pretty decent shape. And definitely want to take the cardio circuit and boxing for fitness classes to start with, then possibly start sparring. Ultimately I'd like to try my hand at fighting. I just have to prove to myself I'm not only doing it to get my ass kicked. Lol
I'm 99% sure if I give myself the opportunity to train properly, I would make one helluva fighter.
I noticed (according to the website) you don't have any female competitors, so I could be an asset, I'm a hard worker and have a completely clean record. There's really Nothing holding me back.
I'm coming in Monday to check out the gym and start membership. Is there any specific time that would be best to come by?

Any tips, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....
Let's just keep the suggestions positive please.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    just walk in and work out
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    zx8zi5ih7tpb.gif
    good luck

Thanks.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So when you walk in you're going to have a piece of ID with the name of Mizury?

Be prepared if they don't accept you as well. There were a few red flags in your email to them, which they should address before you pay.
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

Lol. Thanks. Thats the general plan... just with much more structure.
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

Be prepared if they don't accept you as well. There were a few red flags in your email to them, which they should address before you pay.

It's a training gym. I don't ? expect to just walk in and ? fight. And umm my email address specifics match my Id. ? . I'm not fully stupid. I introduce myself as Mizury because in less than six months it will legally be my name. As soon as my divorce is final I am beginning the name change legally. A few red flags in my email... pfft. You really do think I'm stupid don't you. I put those flags there specifically to be discussed. As a terse message is obviously better than a tersacious one. Which mean some things require more explanation and it is best to discuss it personally.
    Besides... if I had explained everything in FULL Detail I wouldn't have been able to copy/paste it here.
  • Dupac
    Options

letthe instructors instruct you

be a good student, work hard, don't give up

mma training imo is all about how much you can dedicate to it....time, diet, opening your mind, just give it your all, and you'll really see a growth
  • MizuryLillith
    Options

letthe instructors instruct you

be a good student, work hard, don't give up

mma training imo is all about how much you can dedicate to it....time, diet, opening your mind, just give it your all, and you'll really see a growth

I completely agree. I figure I'll have to get a regular anytime fitness membership too. The gym is only open like 4-5 a day... thats no where near enough... it's a training gym so they are only open during class hours. And my classes are only Wens and Thurs. 2 nights a week will never cut it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dupac
    Options
    a real mma gym is open all day, and they keep weights and other ? from a gym in there..

if they don't have that, don't join....

find a gym that has everything...that way even if there's not a class you can lift weights, hit the treadmill, the jump rope, or work the heavy bags by yourself
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    Just go in there with an open mind and be ready to learn some ? . Hopefully its actual instructional instead of cardio kickboxing.

Right!
    I guarantee if I go in there and it's some ? I'll find a different gym. But one of my friends who actually does fight MMA suggested the place... so I'm fairly confident it'll be aight.
    I don't have the option of any less than an open mind. And Learning is mostly the entire point... since I am literally at the beginning of a new path. But it's always been a passion. So I'm looking forward to working my way up to getting some trainer to scream in my face. Lol. Yes. Seriously.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a training gym. I don't ? expect to just walk in and ? fight. And umm my email address specifics match my Id. ? . I'm not fully stupid. I introduce myself as Mizury because in less than six months it will legally be my name. As soon as my divorce is final I am beginning the name change legally. A few red flags in my email... pfft. You really do think I'm stupid don't you. I put those flags there specifically to be discussed. As a terse message is obviously better than a tersacious one. Which mean some things require more explanation and it is best to discuss it personally.
    Besides... if I had explained everything in FULL Detail I wouldn't have been able to copy/paste it here.

Believe it or not, I actually asked a question.

I don't live in your head.

People can only comment on what is in your post as that is why you made the thread. I saw things in your post that made me respond to those specific things.

Don't turn this into something it isn't. My query is more than respectable.
  • MizuryLillith
    edited October 2016
    Options
    a real mma gym is open all day, and they keep weights and other ? from a gym in there..

if they don't have that, don't join....

find a gym that has everything...that way even if there's not a class you can lift weights, hit the treadmill, the jump rope, or work the heavy bags by yourself

They do have all that. Just limited hours. And they are the closest MMA gym. At like 40mins away. I can't get certified and fight at a regular gym. And they look to be a little ....I dunno... less than underground....? So they are already questionable to me... but as far as competitive fighting... the more legit the better the likelihood of sponsorships and ? .
  • MizuryLillith
    edited October 2016
    Options

Believe it or not, I actually asked a question.

I don't live in your head.

People can only comment on what is in your post as that is why you made the thread. I saw things in your post that made me respond to those specific things.

Don't turn this into something it isn't. My query is more than respectable.

Ok. No. I will walk in with an ID that matches the name in the from box on the email.... (which understandably you can not see.)
    And I am not prepared to be turned away. As I NEVER take no for an answer....
    Clearly if I was THAT type of person... I would have left the IC years ago.
  • MizuryLillith
    Options

Plus. You are abrasive in your questions and come off a little ignorant... thus the explanation to you regarding my name. As i have specifically made it known I am changing my name...
    It is in no way my problem worry or concern as to whether or not You have paid attention and don't care whether or not you like me hard. Clearly "we" don't speak....
    So,
    Nice to meet you, paprika.
    I know I have had at least one communication with you. And If I recall correctly I was in agreement with you. I just don't remember the topic. So it's a shame we rubbed each others fur the wrong way today... but in all fairness you came off abrasive to someone posting about fighting for money... so... it's well with in reason to expect a bit of an altercation. Lol
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol cold world
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    System wrote: »
    This discussion was created from comments split from: The NEW ADHD thread.

What thee ? .
  • Dupac
    Options
    i ? this up horribly
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    i ? this up horribly

I figured something went terribly wrong up there on Mt Mod! Roflmmfao
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    i ? this up horribly

Aaaaaaaaaand. Corrected. Lol. At least youre fast. ;)
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Lol cold world

Terribly Cold.....
    You know why it was little Nicki and not little Nicholas ...right? Lol
  • MizuryLillith
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Lol cold world

I want to cosign ether and goat this all at the same damned time. Lol ;)B)
  • MizuryLillith
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Grrr. Dammit.. bb
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just give up you're never going to make it