Whats up with these falling nfl ratings

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goodell ? up the league. The domestic ? , deflategate, he mishandled alot of ? . The concussion ? been a real issue too. A Lotta parents don't want they kids watching or playing ball
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goodell ? up the league. The domestic ? , deflategate, he mishandled alot of ? . The concussion ? been a real issue too. A Lotta parents don't want they kids watching or playing ball

No no no ? you don't know ? lmao. The ratings were down this year because of a few reasons

1. AFC lost Manning/Less stars: This season NFC on Fox ratings are up. Without manning in the AFC the overall CBS ratings are down. The raiders are coming out as a contender and that will help cbs but still even as a Patriots fan there are not many non Pats AFC games i watch whereas i watch hella NFC matchups.

2. The election (not kapernick) had many fans tuning into CNN and other news media: Studies have shown before the election that cable news was at record highs and football overall had lower ratings. This election was polarizing and took from the NFL fanbase. Since the election cable news ratings have dropped and the NFL is up.

3. People are watching less football per Sunday: More people than ever are watching football they are just watching less. As great as football is we now have netflix which is dope as well. I am 26 and in shape young and healthy. Some sundays i don't wanna sit around all day watching football and still wanna do other ? . So i will watch my pats and then go do some ? outside of football with family friends or a side chick. Or i will watch Netflix. Why sit around for every set of games when you can choose which key matchups to watch then do some other ? with your life. The only people watching the entire lineup of games are usually old as ? and can't leave their couch. Younger fans are watching a quality matchup or 2 then doing other ? with their life.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some soft azz ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Some soft azz ? .

Soft shot because they don't want their kids getting head injuries?
  • northside7
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Some soft azz ? .

I'm not talking about playing. How is watching football going to cause head injuries?
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Some soft azz ? .

I'm not talking about playing. How is watching football going to cause head injuries?

It can make their kids want to play
  • northside7
    Options

Some soft azz ? .

It can make their kids want to play

Lol. Okay.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    The whole idea that parents are pulling their kids away from watching football cause of concussions is ? . In rich overprotective suburbs parents are putting their kids in soccer instead of football but that ? been going on for 20 years in middle to upper class areas. But in middle to lower class middle america football is still the king.

Plus few to none parents are pulling their kids away from actually watching football. And as far as ratings go last night Cowboys game broke records for ratings on fox.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Last two weeks ratings back to the high ratings it always had. Election season is over white folks are happy with Trump winning.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea ? back to normal, the redskins cowboys game was the highest rated fox game of all time
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Last two weeks ratings back to the high ratings it always had. Election season is over white folks are happy with Trump winning.

It's going to jump up now around this time because teams are fighting for playoff spots, so every game matters.

Like somebody said the NFC is way more exciting to watch than the AFC. The AFC south is so trash but they stay getting the prime time games. They need to start adjusting the games when teams are trash so it can be watchable.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's going to jump up now around this time because teams are fighting for playoff spots, so every game matters.

Like somebody said the NFC is way more exciting to watch than the AFC. The AFC south is so trash but they stay getting the prime time games. They need to start adjusting the games when teams are trash so it can be watchable.

Every division in football gets PrimeTime games. Those teams may be sorry but they do have fanbases. 'Gotta throw em a bone'. Pay attention to how the NFL scheduled the wack ass prime time games, during the election, because they knew ppl would barely watch anyway. As soon as it was over the competition improved. That's not on accident. They don't have to schedule afc south games at all on primetime. But they do because it's business. @bow to royalty won't watch Dallas play every dam PrimeTime game.....unless Tampa has a few of their own.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Every division in football gets PrimeTime games. Those teams may be sorry but they do have fanbases. 'Gotta throw em a bone'. Pay attention to how the NFL scheduled the wack ass prime time games, during the election, because they knew ppl would barely watch anyway. As soon as it was over the competition improved. That's not on accident. They don't have to schedule afc south games at all on primetime. But they do because it's business. @bow to royalty won't watch Dallas play every dam PrimeTime game.....unless Tampa has a few of their own.

haha, I watch some of their games. But they do get too many games. NFC East fans are talking ? this year, on some broken clock ? . Ya, if you have a ton of primetime games EVERY season, you're gonna have seasons of being good and having primetime games. In 2015 when 9-7 won the division, and everyone else had a losing record, we still had to watch them on primetime all the time. I'm glad they're being entertaining in their games this season though.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My point is that, as a fan, you want to see Tampa on a few prime time games. If they didn't have any at all, you'd have an issue with it. You and every other fan of a small market team.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Everybody should get prime time games.

Can't keep putting the same teams on. That ? is wack
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    My point is that, as a fan, you want to see Tampa on a few prime time games. If they didn't have any at all, you'd have an issue with it. You and every other fan of a small market team.

I'm not even mad really when we don't have any games if we didn't earn them. I'd like it if they put a win minimum in place though. Like you have to go at least 8-8 to go on primetime, or luck up and be on because you're playing an 8-8 or better team. And maybe the more over .500 you are, the more primetime games you get.

But the NFC East thinks they're special with this insane interest level when they're actually very replaceable. Media controls hype. The NFC East could be replaced in 2 years, easy, if the media felt like doing it. They're not some super special division, they're just reported on the most.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

I'm not even mad really when we don't have any games if we didn't earn them. I'd like it if they put a win minimum in place though. Like you have to go at least 8-8 to go on primetime, or luck up and be on because you're playing an 8-8 or better team. And maybe the more over .500 you are, the more primetime games you get.

But the NFC East thinks they're special with this insane interest level when they're actually very replaceable. Media controls hype. The NFC East could be replaced in 2 years, easy, if the media felt like doing it. They're not some super special division, they're just reported on the most.

See that's the issue. The Falcons can go 0-16, I still want to see them on Monday night sometimes. Most (NFC East included) fans don't care about records. They want to see their squad regardless. All NFC EAST teams have major media outlets. That's where the money is. Not wise to stray away from the bread.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

See that's the issue. The Falcons can go 0-16, I still want to see them on Monday night sometimes. Most (NFC East included) fans don't care about records. They want to see their squad regardless. All NFC EAST teams have major media outlets. That's where the money is. Not wise to stray away from the bread.

I guess I don't mind too much because if Bucs aren't on primetime, I'm just gonna watch on my computer or TV, so it's not like I miss their game. I get what you're saying about big markets, but there are places besides the NFC East with big markets. They're not pushing the Rams, Texans, 9esrs, Dolphins, Cardinals, etc.on you.

I think the NFCE gets that attention because that's what the media focuses on like crazy. If ESPN, and the other networks that talk football decided they wanted the Raiders to be the next big thing then within 2 seasons the Raiders could drive ratings up whenever they're on TV, more than the Eagles if they gave the Eagles less attention.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Bruh the NFC East consists of the #1,#4,#5, and #8 media markets in terms of viewers, we are talking about damn near 40 million viewers here in 4 cities not adding in the surrounding areas(Cowboy country is literally all of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, snd northern Louisiana bruh, Redskins got DC and Virginia, Giants got New York and Jersey, amd the Eagles have half of Pennsylvania and Jersey and Deleware) and the fact that the Cowboys also have a nationwide fanbase(literally I saw them selling Cowboys merchandise in a gas station in Wyoming, do you know what is in Wyoming.... absolutely nothing). Whether you want to admit it or not we are kind of special bruh, you really need to get over it.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Bruh the NFC East consists of the #1,#4,#5, and #8 media markets in terms of viewers, we are talking about damn near 40 million viewers here in 4 cities not adding in the surrounding areas(Cowboy country is literally all of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, snd northern Louisiana bruh, Redskins got DC and Virginia, Giants got New York and Jersey, amd the Eagles have half of Pennsylvania and Jersey and Deleware) and the fact that the Cowboys also have a nationwide fanbase(literally I saw them selling Cowboys merchandise in a gas station in Wyoming, do you know what is in Wyoming.... absolutely nothing). Whether you want to admit it or not we are kind of special bruh, you really need to get over it.

I can't speak on places I don't know, but I live in VA and the Skins don't have it on lock like that. They even talked about how no one was coming out to Redskins training camp in Richmond this year. They do have a fan base here obviously, but it may not be what you think it is. @804 and @vageneral08 live in VA too...Panthers and Colts fans. Hampton Roads is a military area, so it's a huge mix of fans. I'll go to the bar and see just as many Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, and Packers fans as I see Skins fans.

Winning and media coverage is all it comes down to. Using your logic the Texans, Jets, and Ravens should get as much shine as the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins. Those are basically the same markets right? Ravens have had just as much success, and just as many big players as the Redskins over the past 10-15 years. The only difference is the media decides to hype the Skins...there's not actually anything special about them.

The Cowboys do have a huge fan base, so I get them getting more than they deserve. But thinking they're the ? just because they're located somewhere...This Texas or NY?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just don't like the fact that redskin games be on fox no matter who they play which sucks because I aint trying watch them ? all season if it ain't them then it's dallas they need to change that ? and rotate with other games
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    e6gmougrjdip.jpg

Don't be mad cause your team can't say the same ? . Tired of yall saying we shouldn't be on TV.
  • bow to royalty
    edited December 2016
    Options
    e6gmougrjdip.jpg

Don't be mad cause your team can't say the same ? . Tired of yall saying we shouldn't be on TV.

No one has said this in months...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Everything declining.

Plus. It's all offense and no hitting.

That's why ppl like football. Because of the hitting.

For real, I guess they thought this 'player safety' ? was gonna make ratings jump. These a bunch of grown ass men, they know the risks invovled with the game, if they scared to take the hits don't put on the pads, stop babying these ? .

Actually they probably don't fully know them. This generation of players are by far the most informed on what football's long term effects can be. Before you can find blatant clips of doctors lying about ? . I mean ? the NFL used to actually say "mild concussion"...now tell me when the last time you heard that was. Doctor once said about Bears qb Jim McMahon he had gotten over a concussion by half time. Lying about what these pain meds do etc...there's a reason the NFL is going through hell to avoid another lawsuit like the concussion law suit.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

I can't speak on places I don't know, but I live in VA and the Skins don't have it on lock like that. They even talked about how no one was coming out to Redskins training camp in Richmond this year. They do have a fan base here obviously, but it may not be what you think it is. @804 and @vageneral08 live in VA too...Panthers and Colts fans. Hampton Roads is a military area, so it's a huge mix of fans. I'll go to the bar and see just as many Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, and Packers fans as I see Skins fans.

Winning and media coverage is all it comes down to. Using your logic the Texans, Jets, and Ravens should get as much shine as the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins. Those are basically the same markets right? Ravens have had just as much success, and just as many big players as the Redskins over the past 10-15 years. The only difference is the media decides to hype the Skins...there's not actually anything special about them.

The Cowboys do have a huge fan base, so I get them getting more than they deserve. But thinking they're the ? just because they're located somewhere...This Texas or NY?

No you are 100% wrong on the bolded. The NFC east has markets that are the #1 dawg football wise or have a market crazy about specifically that football team. Giants are the #1 team or the yankees or knicks of NYC metro. The eagles are in philly where the market is crazy about sports, Redskins have a more national brand than the ravens you mentioned.

The bolded markets you mentioned are either in the Jets case a 2nd fiddle fanbase in NYC. Or in the case of the Texans not only a 2nd class texas team but a team deep in a market that value college football much more than the NFL. I was just out in Houston this year. A&M, Longhorn, Baylor and even some Alabama shirts were seen by people out and about. I was there the week Osweiller signed so there was a boost for a few days of texans fan excitement but they are still a college football market.

This is why the NFC has higher ratings than the AFC East or North. Simular markets but outside the Pats and Steelers the NFC east fanbases have a much higher national appeal.