War For The Planet Of The Apes (2017) Andy Serkis, Judy Greer & Woody Harrelson.

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be watching today.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Saw the movie last night. Very good movie. There are no post credit scenes, so just take leave.
    Only complaint that I have is that they didn't connect the film to the 1968 like they promised a few years back. I was hoping that they would flash forward to the future at the end, and show the ship crashing to Earth.

I did read that they do plan on making more movies, but Caesar's story is over.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was great but I like Dawn a bit more
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slept on these movies for too long due to the Wahlberg film years ago. I watched Rise and Dawn yesterday, both of them great flicks. Cant wait for war!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout to go see it in a few.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    JUST SAW IT... WASNT BAD, BUT WAS THE LEAST BEST OUT OF THE 3...

SOOOO MANY SUBLIMINALS IN THE MOVIE..

? ASS GORILLAS SWITCHING SIDES...

Lightskinned albino house ? gorilla smh
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Bout to go see it in a few.

Dope movie just like the rest.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    That whooping scene had me thinking about Denzel in Glory...don't know if was the camera angle or just all the slavery references but my mind went immediately to that scene
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just come back from watching it - it's emotional and massively impressive on the technical side of things, but there wasn't really much of a storyline. It's enjoyable and a good end to a genuinely good Hollywood trilogy, but the reviews giving it near perfect scores seems way overstated to me.

its poetic my ? ..
    its the story of Moses..
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fell asleep right when they took the white girl with em. Them damn sofa chairs in the theater did me in lol.

Lol. I had me a top shelf Long Island and was comfy as hell. I was dozing off myself... Then I felt a buncha elbows in my side... SMH. ? can't never get no rest.

It was good though. A lot more emotionally charged and a good end to the trilogy. 2nd one still the goat though.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Fell asleep right when they took the white girl with em. Them damn sofa chairs in the theater did me in lol.

Lol. I had me a top shelf Long Island and was comfy as hell. I was dozing off myself... Then I felt a buncha elbows in my side... SMH. ? can't never get no rest.

It was good though. A lot more emotionally charged and a good end to the trilogy. 2nd one still the goat though.

? that seat leaned back so lovely, i had no chance. Snoring and all. I tried to tell the wife im not gon make it if i go but she wasnt trying to hear it. Welp, she learned that night lol.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it

Was cool. Dawn was the best of the 3.

I see Koba still haunting Caesars ? ass

Didnt like Caesar not finishing Woody off (nh). Caesar always was soft thats his problem.

Didnt like Donkey being redeemed in the end after being a ? the whole time

#VivaKoba
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are they done now or will there be more movies in this series?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel the horses that carried Luca and Maurice for the entire movie aren't getting enough love.
    you could tell they were going through it. you could see the pain in their eyes bruh

great movie. great trilogy. ceasar is that ? . crazy how some of the best character development we've seen as of late was given to an ape
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just rewatched the first two. I think the first is way better. Maybe not cgi wise but the story imo is way better. Ceaser's rise to becoming leader of the apes in jail and then breaking out is dope as ? .
    The story with the humans turning on the power in the second movie was trash but the cgi was on point. Can't wait to finally see this though.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Why does there always have to be a lil blonde white girl who saves everyone/brings everyone together/heals their hearts.

I aint wit that ? . One of these times make the ? japanese or something, I'm tired of pretty lil white girls saving everybody soul.

Specially in a movie where they basically metaphor'd apes into slavery. That wasn't Planet of the Apes, it was Glory part 2. They even had Kunte I mean Caesar gettin whipped in the Denzel pose. Until dakota fanning sister came outta nowhere and served everybody on some UNICEF ? . ? outta here.

And that soft, on-the-nose ass music playing at every sad part to remind you "this when you supposed to be sad". Felt like a 3 hour soap opera scored by Tiny Tim's grandmoms.

? took too long to do everything. 10 minute shots on ape faces when we got the point after 1. ? this movie b, I shoulda watched Dunkirk.

so you complain about a movie with white people & "Unicef" ? and say you shoulda watched Dunkirk instead which is a movie about white people & war with "unicef" ? ??

me thinks the lady dath protest too much...

Fam. What in the hell are you talking about.

That was one problem along many, many others i had with War. And what does a lil blonde blue eyed white girl saving apes/slave allegories yet again in War have to do with soldiers getting blown the ? up by missiles and airdropped supplies in Dunkirk?

I'll wait.

And its "doth" homie. Leave it to a ? to sound dumb quoting shakespeare.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Great movie... got me in my feelings.. Caesar dat ?

Bruh...that ending almost had me mayne.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie waa great. Didn't go in expectin to compare it to the last two.
    kinda like what the avalanche represented. I'm guessing that was Mother Nature's way of "cleansing" away the human species. I mean the Colonel pretty much said it.

Also ironic how the virus reversing evolution in a sense.

The look on Maurice's face when Bad Ape had the binoculars backwards...priceless