-by-phonix

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't realize exactly how wack Trey Songz was in every way until Bryson Tiller came out
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I didn't realize exactly how wack Trey Songz was in every way until Bryson Tiller came out

I'm lost
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm lost

Yeah, what does Bryson have to do a Trey?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see where youre going considering they both equally trash
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

What do you mean @Stiff
  • Stiff
    Options

What do you mean @Stiff

Dam i forgot i said this lol

Trey Songz is pretty much the poster-child to me for soul-less generic R&B that displays no vulnerability,love, or passion. For the past 6 or so years he's basically had 5 songs:
    Ayyye we ?
    Ayyye we clubbin
    Shhh I'm cheatin
    Dam she caught me cheating
    Token generic love song

Rinse, lather, repeat. No artistic depth or any of that..just rhythym & ratchet bird ? . And that's cool I'm not knocking anybody's musical tastes..every once in a while trey songz is cool to me..and maybe i'm not supposed to appreciate it because it's intended strictly for women or something

But it's striking to me that B.Tiller is able to get over a hard-hitting soulful instrumental and make some real passionate vulnerable love songs that are relatable. He tryna get his girl and don't care who knows. That's some real ? to me. Trey Songz on the other hand is tryna ? MY girl every other song and then toss her in the bushes. ? is just trash to me.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pleasure P needs to start dropping music again.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What do you mean @Stiff

Trey Songz is pretty much the poster-child to me for soul-less generic R&B that displays no vulnerability,love, or passion. For the past 6 or so years he's basically had 5 songs:
    Ayyye we ?
    Ayyye we clubbin
    Shhh I'm cheatin
    Token generic love song

Rinse, lather, repeat. No artistic depth or any of that..just rhythym & ratchet bird ? . And that's cool I'm not knocking anybody's musical tastes..every once in a while trey songz is cool to me..and maybe i'm not supposed to appreciate it because it's intended strictly for women or something

But it's striking to me that B.Tiller is able to get over a hard-hitting soulful instrumental and make some real passionate vulnerable love songs that are relatable. He tryna get his girl and don't care who knows. That's some real ? to me. Trey Songz on the other hand is tryna ? MY girl every other song and then toss her in the bushes. ? is just trash to me.

all very true. buuuuuut trey is a better singer. Hopefully tiller will improve vocally, and also show some depth that trey hasn't
  • Stiff
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

What do you mean @Stiff

Ayyye we ?
    Ayyye we clubbin
    Shhh I'm cheatin
    Token generic love song

all very true. buuuuuut trey is a better singer. Hopefully tiller will improve vocally, and also show some depth that trey hasn't

He's a MARGINALLY better singer..I'll give you that..but it's not like he has just an amazing or silky smooth voice. To me Tiller's songwriting more than makes up for the (very) slight disparity.

I see it like this..Trey Songz doesn't have a powerful or smooth voice like an Usher or even Jeremih

He don't dance like Chris Brown or Usher

He doesn't have great songwriting like Miguel or Bryson Tiller

And he don't create a vibe like The Weeknd

The ? literally offers nothing to the game. I can see women liking him but to me? That ? is garbage
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trey got some fire albums, you tripping

I love Tiller but chill b
  • Stiff
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Trey got some fire albums, you tripping

I love Tiller but chill b

You spelled garbage wrong