LG V20 Thread

Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I been looking at this phone for the last week or so. It will be my next phone when I exchange this Note 7. Preorders should start at the end of this week for me.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LG been ? up for like the last 3 phones. They better have the bootloader issue settled here
  • Young_Chitlin
    Retail on eBay is $795-$1,000
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LG been ? up for like the last 3 phones. They better have the bootloader issue settled here

Correct. If that bootloader issue isn't settled this go 'round, they'll be at an all time low. Crazy that it isn't mentioned more by reviewers but people who get free devices for review aren't going to keep it real anyhow.
  • Mastery

Correct. If that bootloader issue isn't settled this go 'round, they'll be at an all time low. Crazy that it isn't mentioned more by reviewers but people who get free devices for review aren't going to keep it real anyhow.

@mosincredible
    @MorganFreemanKing

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/
  • Young_Chitlin
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only LG I seriously considered getting was the LG V10; the only thing that kept me away from it was I thought the battery was to small.

Yes, I know its replaceable but 3,000 mah in a phone that size was underpowered.

This V20 is a nice phone; however, my GS7 Edge is still running fine and I'm going to use it at least until the spring or summer.

Two things I hope LG resolved the bootloop issue and secondly I'm glad they scrapped the modular mess. It was gimmicky and most people like stuff that works well out of the box without having to add a gazillion third party accessories.

I really don't understand why LG isn't a more popular OEM in my opinion they offer the best alternative as far as features for people who don't like or buy Samsung.
  • Mastery
    This LG V20 is dope, especially the Hi-Fi QUAD Dac...

BUT... This nor any other phone got ? on the Note series. Looks like I will be doing an early upgrade next year when the Note 8 drops (Samsung is not killing the Note series thankfully).
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still ain't turned my in yet
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your pro and cons for this phone
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Just Exchanged My Note 7 For Joint This Past Week

Pros

- Arguably The Best Camera(s) In The Market
    - Expandable Storage/SD Slot
    - Android Nougat Out The Box
    - Snappy And Responsive OS
    - A Secondary Screen (Better Than The Edge Screen On The Samsung) For Quick Access To Other Apps etc.

Cons

-The Design Is Somewhat Dull And Uninspired Nowhere As Flashy As The Samsung Or Apple Phones
    -The Build Is A Little Flimsy And Feels Too Light But Apparently The Back Is Military Grade And After Getting My Case It Had The Proper Heft
    -The Power Button Is On The Back Of The Phone Which Takes Some Getting Used To the Home Button Is Touchscreen And Not Physical

I Was Considering The Google Pixel XL But It Had No SD Slot And The 128 GB Version Was Out Of Stock...So ? That...It Looks Like Googles Version Of The IPhone...I Think I Made The Right Choice With The LG