Greatest WCW World Heavyweight Champion of All Time

Options
2»

Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HULK HOGAN
    Flairs run and beef with macho!man was better then any run he had in wcw lol
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STING
    jono wrote: »
    Yeah I got to go with the face of the brand. Before Hogan showed up there were only two people I recognized in WCW 1) Ric Flair and 2) Sting.

I give Sting a +1 for loyalty to the brand and character reinvention. Sting was a great champion in both his incarnations and IIRC he drew WCWs biggest buyrate for Starrcade.

True. The build to Sting/Hogan was GOAT, probably one of the best in wrestling history. Too bad the match itself was garbage because of Hogan's politics. Sting was over as ? with the crowd without talking for a year. He should have had a lengthy reign after the Superbrawl rematch but lost it to Savage at Spring Stampede who then lost it to Hogan the next night smh.

Sting vs Hogan is the greatest of all time build, even Austin and Rock in all 3 Manias didn't have the build that match had.
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    STING
    RawAce wrote: »
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    If Flair or Sting ain't number 1 your list is elimnated

But look @ your avi bro

Hogan was top 3 BUT Sting and Flair were the core, he'll even shut the last Nitro down with those 2.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    GOLDBERG
    So ? the fact Goldberg was the company's biggest draw during the streak, huh
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Yeah I got to go with the face of the brand. Before Hogan showed up there were only two people I recognized in WCW 1) Ric Flair and 2) Sting.

I give Sting a +1 for loyalty to the brand and character reinvention. Sting was a great champion in both his incarnations and IIRC he drew WCWs biggest buyrate for Starrcade.

True. The build to Sting/Hogan was GOAT, probably one of the best in wrestling history. Too bad the match itself was garbage because of Hogan's politics. Sting was over as ? with the crowd without talking for a year. He should have had a lengthy reign after the Superbrawl rematch but lost it to Savage at Spring Stampede who then lost it to Hogan the next night smh.

Sting vs Hogan is the greatest of all time build, even Austin and Rock in all 3 Manias didn't have the build that match had.

The only other build that comes close to it is Austin/Rock 2
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    STING

The only other build that comes close to it is Austin/Rock 2

to me that, Undertaker and Kane build for their first match, and Austin vs Undertaker at Summer Slam 98 is right up there.

I remember when they played this hype video for the ppv build package on Raw and was like damn ? can't get no realer plus the AC DC track.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVBwJoFPqI
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    STING
    *waits for retards to vote Goldberg...

I will jackhammer your mother next time you talk down on my favorite wrestler.

Goldberg was an overrated, better version of Roman Reigns mixed with Steve Austin. Fight me...

That's not a bad combo considering I liked Stone Cold and wish RR was better.

lol no, just no... and dont get me wrong I like Goldberg.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    So ? the fact Goldberg was the company's biggest draw during the streak, huh

His run on top lasted 6 months. Flair and Sting were there for a decade. WCW didn't start in 96.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JEFF JARRETT
    Bret hart honorable mention
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bret made any belt look important but the big Gold didn't look right on him imo the WWF belt was the perfect size for him
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    GOLDBERG
    Bret made any belt look important but the big Gold didn't look right on him imo the WWF belt was the perfect size for him

I ? with Bret being WCW champ. His promo with Goldberg is one of Bres most memorable promo of his career and I believe he beat Goldberg more than one without losing to him but I could be wrong. Bret is that ? . WCW as a product was the problem though by the time Bret had the strap.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    GOLDBERG
    If Flair or Sting ain't number 1 your list is elimnated

Even tho I troll voted for Goldberg, Shut ya ? "Elimnated" ass up.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

I ? with Bret being WCW champ. His promo with Goldberg is one of Bres most memorable promo of his career and I believe he beat Goldberg more than one without losing to him but I could be wrong. Bret is that ? . WCW as a product was the problem though by the time Bret had the strap.

Bret imo is the GOAT and I'm a WWF guy but tuned in whenever he was on the screen but yea the book in in WCW screwed what could've been a lovely thing with Bret.

And I think Bret was the ? to have the most wins over Goldberg in WCW but in the end that ? retired him smh
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    As a kid I loved Sting he could go in the ring when he was a younger man; however, Flair was the total package.

In ring skill, on the mic, ring psychology, etc he had it all.

Flair revolutonized the trash talking imo.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They didn't give my boy a chance smh
    b00au2f8mtqw.jpg
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HULK HOGAN
    He didn't reserve it
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    STING
    What no Ron Simmons in the poll?
    Sting &/or Flair....Goldberg was a short fad & Hogan brought the WWF fans but Sting was WCW
    Flair was NWA and he left when he returned it was Sting's world without Sting the NWO angle wouldn't have had the impact.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    STING
    Leave?? When did he leave?
    GTFOH...Sting was there the whole time and he was the brand and the main star they banked on when they pulled from NWA