• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    175l1894m2wd.png

Hopefully new games and not ports

I didn't get a PS4 so I won't mind a few ports for the first 9 or so months of the system.

I see Square Enix so hopefully the FFV7 remake is gonna be on it.

Personally I rather Square double up on Bravely and Dragon Quest for this platform than see a mainline FF on Nintendo hardware again.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looms innovative, but without great games, it doesn't mean anything.

Cosign

Best thing happening with this is Microsoft and Sony biting the portable style similar way they with the Kinect.

The ? seems innovative now, but will probably be rendered useless. Similar to the Wii & Wii Fit.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If motion controllers have now been "rendered useless" you wouldn't have these companies still riding on that bandwagon till this day (with motion controllers being a huge selling point of PS VR).

Whether you liked it or not Wii's main hook ended up being far from useless. Seems like Wii U's assymetrical concept will follow a similar route.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Depending on price, but Nintendo Switch is a definitely an eventual cop
  • Broddie
    Options
    What y'all think the price point will be?

I'm guessing $350 for the basic package.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    If motion controllers have now been "rendered useless" you wouldn't have these companies still riding on that bandwagon till this day (with motion controllers being a huge selling point of PS VR).

Whether you liked it or not Wii's main hook ended up being far from useless. Seems like Wii U's assymetrical concept will follow a similar route.

You missed my point bruh...
  • Broddie
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

No I didn't.

Only if you worded the initial point you were trying to make wrong which doesn't seem to be the case.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Is it safe to say that with this platform Iwata's legacy is officially solidified?

R.I.P.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    175l1894m2wd.png

I didn't get a PS4 so I won't mind a few ports for the first 9 or so months of the system.

Probably gonna be final fantasy crystal chronicles
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    175l1894m2wd.png

A March release knocks off over 75% of these companies getting a game out for this system.

Tomb Raider is probably going to be out upon launch. A Resident Evil game maybe.

Nintendo has historically for these last two gens have the worst lineup of launch games.

I'll cop but they need to step up the launch titles.
  • Turfaholic
    Options

No I didn't.

Only if you worded the initial point you were trying to make wrong which doesn't seem to be the case.

The Wii, Wii Fit, Pokemon Go.

Nintendo is starting to trend on making trendy devices that lack longevity. They're also alienating alot of gamers with the games they choose to support. But I did see Skyrim on the video, maybe that's a sign of a turn around. But it seems like they're pretty much relying on the portable ability...

? download emulators everyday B.
  • Broddie
    Options

No I didn't.

The Wii, Wii Fit, Pokemon Go.

Nintendo is starting to trend on making trendy devices that lack longevity. They're also alienating alot of gamers with the games they choose to support. But I did see Skyrim on the video, maybe that's a sign of a turn around. But it seems like they're pretty much relying on the portable ability...

? download emulators everyday B.

Once again the fact that said innovations have continued to be enduringly influential across the industry proves your argument wrong.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    175l1894m2wd.png

A March release knocks off over 75% of these companies getting a game out for this system.

Tomb Raider is probably going to be out upon launch. A Resident Evil game maybe.

Nintendo has historically for these last two gens have the worst lineup of launch games.

TBH Zelda and Mario at launch is all I need and both have been confirmed. Many others feel the same way (just check out NeoGaf). I'll sweat the third party games later but obviously that's not the real appeal to me.
  • Broddie
    Options
    175l1894m2wd.png

Probably gonna be final fantasy crystal chronicles

I wish but that series been in limbo since the Wii so I won't hold my breath.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This looks better than I'd imagined. Hopefully they have some nice game reveals lined up.

• Karl.
    Options
    175l1894m2wd.png

TBH Zelda and Mario at launch is all I need and both have been confirmed. Many others feel the same way (just check out NeoGaf). I'll sweat the third party games later but obviously that's not the real appeal to me.

Cosign. I have all the third parties I need on Xbox/PS at the moment.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    ^They make some of the best games still, but Na no one ? with them anymore

Can the hyperbole.

You don't sell 58 million dedicated gaming consoles (3DS) and tens of millions of "flop" hardware (Wii U) if "no one ? " with you anymore.

Even among all the gloom and doom these last 5 years they've been profiting. The way some of you tell it though you would think they'd be SEGA status.

The post was sarcasm homie. Read the post above the one you quoted.
  • Broddie
    Options
    My bad brown. Still haven't had my coffee.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    175l1894m2wd.png

Cosign. I have all the third parties I need on Xbox/PS at the moment.

Chuuch!

In addition to the Switch I'm waiting on the Scorpio and the Pro so in the event that this had another Wii U or Dreamcast style 3rd party situation (which I highly doubt since avoiding that was a priority going into NX development) I'm still straight with the 3rd party games.
  • Karl.
    Options
    So I guess I'll be getting one dock and 2 consoles.

Were the rumours of the dock actually contributing to the consoles processing power true? Or is all the actual computing done in the handheld device?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    So I guess I'll be getting one dock and 2 consoles.

Were the rumours of the dock actually contributing to the consoles processing power true? Or is all the actual computing done in the handheld device?

Still to be determined.

There is a rumor that the dock will carry greater internal storage and all the serious processing horsepower. But it's still just a rumor.

One thing I hope is that you Wii U owners get a nice trade in incentive when this drops next spring.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Interesting idea. I'm not really sure who this is supposed to appeal to though. Is it for the mobile audience or the handheld/portable audience? Maybe it's supposed to be for both, but did anyone really want a crossover gaming device? Did they drop any specs? I mean if it's a high powered system that can be used at home or on the go, there really isn't a downside. But I don't see how that could be the case in such a small form factor, unless of course the docking station adds some processing power.

Looks to me like they are targeting grown folks who are gamers who may or may not be home all the time to enjoy the power of a current gen-based console.

The first thing I noticed is that this trailer had no kids. Nintendo never does that.

Makes sense. I don't see how people do serious gaming while out and about. I meant the simple games you get on Android and such make sense. I couldn't imagine trying to play something like Dark Souls on the go. Still, you have the option to play at home exclusively if you like, so it's all good.

From a business stance, I don't really understand the move. Doesn't Nintendo make decent money off both console and handheld sales. Wouldn't consolidating the two into one device hurt them?
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Playing something like Dark Souls on the go is no different than playing Monster Hunter on the go.

Honestly as a portable gamer one of the greater appeals to me was that 3DS was the only platform where I could still play strategy games and JRPGs (2 of the most complex, serious and involving genres around) on a very consistent basis and guess what? they managed to be fantastic handheld experiences that took absolutely 0 appeal away from those genres' hooks.

Hell one of the best GTA games I ever played was on Nintendo DS.

It's far from impossible.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Interesting idea. I'm not really sure who this is supposed to appeal to though. Is it for the mobile audience or the handheld/portable audience? Maybe it's supposed to be for both, but did anyone really want a crossover gaming device? Did they drop any specs? I mean if it's a high powered system that can be used at home or on the go, there really isn't a downside. But I don't see how that could be the case in such a small form factor, unless of course the docking station adds some processing power.

Looks to me like they are targeting grown folks who are gamers who may or may not be home all the time to enjoy the power of a current gen-based console.

The first thing I noticed is that this trailer had no kids. Nintendo never does that.

Makes sense. I don't see how people do serious gaming while out and about. I meant the simple games you get on Android and such make sense. I couldn't imagine trying to play something like Dark Souls on the go. Still, you have the option to play at home exclusively if you like, so it's all good.

From a business stance, I don't really understand the move. Doesn't Nintendo make decent money off both console and handheld sales. Wouldn't consolidating the two into one device hurt them?

On the contrary. They no longer have to worry about more software output on one over the other. Which has been a struggle for them the last few gens and why the home consoles went through long software droughts.

So not only would it save both them and 3rd parties milions upon millions of marketing and development dollars but it also offers a greater and far more consistent software output for ALL their consumers since they are now working with one unified universal platform. As opposed to 2 with 2 completely different architectures and general userbases.

That's why they took this approach in the first place.