Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are these dudes serious
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Those Joy Cons should be dope for the indie developers. I can see amazin' multiplayer games where you only need to use say the analog stick on each pad and say one of the buttons
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're gonna need a Nintendo Direct on this muthafucka.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right...

HYPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Coppin 2 tabs and a couple pro controllers...wife and I already know one aint gonna cut it lmao
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Dont really care about 3rd party games but best believe theyll line up with thw quickness once ninty drops pokemon and consoles fly of the shelves like hot cake
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally don't give a shut about 3rd party support for Nintendo
    I have a ps4
    I just want more than the status quo from Nintendo when it comes to their first party titles
    I bought the a link between worlds 3ds...and the only other games I have for it are ocarina of time and bunch of Megan man titles
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm happy to see the back of that ? plastic sensor bar that goes on top of the TV too.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Thinkin' about it, this could really be a game changer. Like, for next gen, why would Sony or Microsoft make a home console that can't be portable? Doesn't really make since ? gamers all have a gamin' PC and if this Switch does get the third party support, it kinda renders the other two systems pointless.

Those two side pads looks small but Mario Kart looks like it could be dope. Go to the park with my ? and some bud
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thinkin' about it, this could really be a game changer. Like, for next gen, why would Sony or Microsoft make a home console that can't be portable? Doesn't really make since ? gamers all have a gamin' PC and if this Switch does get the third party support, it kinda renders the other two systems pointless.

Those two side pads looks small but Mario Kart looks like it could be dope. Go to the park with my ? and some bud

Sony and Microsoft future is going digital/streaming and play on any device
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah, the amount of people who are really into the portable aspect of gaming on a dedicated device is really quite slim compared to the general gaming population. Cellphones and tablets are Nintendo's direct competition if they go this route. Sony & MS learned that gimmicks aren't going to be what long term success comes from. Good software and a device to play them on is still what sells and the gimmick stuff can hurt more than it helps to get ahead of the rest. You'll see how they're starting to push streaming games to PC and maybe in the next 3-5 years, you'll see console games coming to PC.

Nintendo gets away with their attempts because of their IPs and nothing else. Without Mario and friends, they'd be Sega right now. Only on the internet do I hear of people who are psyched about Nintendo consoles and I personally think it's a waste to buy a console for 4 good first party titles. I'm sure one of my nephews will get one of these for their 6th birthday or something though so I'll play through the whole lineup in a weekend.
  • Karl.
    Options
    anduin wrote: »

Nah, the amount of people who are really into the portable aspect of gaming on a dedicated device is really quite slim compared to the general gaming population. Cellphones and tablets are Nintendo's direct competition if they go this route. Sony & MS learned that gimmicks aren't going to be what long term success comes from. Good software and a device to play them on is still what sells and the gimmick stuff can hurt more than it helps to get ahead of the rest. You'll see how they're starting to push streaming games to PC and maybe in the next 3-5 years, you'll see console games coming to PC.

Nintendo gets away with their attempts because of their IPs and nothing else. Without Mario and friends, they'd be Sega right now. Only on the internet do I hear of people who are psyched about Nintendo consoles and I personally think it's a waste to buy a console for 4 good first party titles. I'm sure one of my nephews will get one of these for their 6th birthday or something though so I'll play through the whole lineup in a weekend.

You're already seeing console games on PC. Xbox are doing it with Microsoft.

That second paragraph is just nonsense IMO. No diss.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited October 2016
    Options

The Switch isn't a dedicated handheld tho, that's kinda the point of it. As far as software is concerned, Nintendo >>> Sony and Microsoft by a million miles so I don't kno' what point you're makin' there. They both have the third party support that Nintendo is lackin'. If, it's a very big if, but if Nintendo does get all the games that X Box and PS4 get, it will definitely be able to compete. Like I said, real gamers who actually care about graphics have super PCs so if there's a choice between Nintendo games, Playstation games and XBox games, I'd say they'd go for the Nintendo games

Nintendo games sell very well so I dunno about that 'only on the Internet' thing

Lastly, there's a large contingent of gamers that have been lookin' for a powerful home device to play the Nintendo first party games on. This suits them too
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony first party is trash now?

Riiiiiight.

Interested to see how this plays out. No info til next year when the ? is dropping in march has me a lil worried. Hopefully it sells well but I don't see it selling to well.
  • vagrant-718
    Options

The Switch isn't a dedicated handheld tho, that's kinda the point of it. As far as software is concerned, Nintendo >>> Sony and Microsoft by a million miles so I don't kno' what point you're makin' there. They both have the third party support that Nintendo is lackin'. If, it's a very big if, but if Nintendo does get all the games that X Box and PS4 get, it will definitely be able to compete. Like I said, real gamers who actually care about graphics have super PCs so if there's a choice between Nintendo games, Playstation games and XBox games, I'd say they'd go for the Nintendo games

Nintendo games sell very well so I dunno about that 'only on the Internet' thing

Lastly, there's a large contingent of gamers that have been lookin' for a powerful home device to play the Nintendo first party games on. This suits them too

Lol @ Nintendo first party >>> Sony by a million miles.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks pretty good, but personally I'd need 3rd party confirmation before I'd cop.

I've never gave a ? about Mario, Zelda or Pokemon.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

Lol @ Nintendo first party >>> Sony by a million miles.

Nintendo >>> Sony titles, Nintendo >>> Microsoft titles by a million miles*****
  • Karl.
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    It looks pretty good, but personally I'd need 3rd party confirmation before I'd cop.

Third party support has been confirmed.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last of Us & Uncharted 4 >>>>>>>>> all of these

Wii U games. Pikmin 3. New Super Mario Bros. U. Nintendo Land.
    Wii games.
    Animal Crossing. Super Mario Sunshine. Mario Kart: Double Dash‼ Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Super Smash Bros. ...
    Nintendo 64 games. Super Mario 64. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. ...
    EarthBound.

• vagrant-718
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Third party support has been confirmed.

Don't know what kind of games they getting tho. For all you know they could be getting old titles
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    guess ill be playing super mario on the plane
    8eykr9p4dabk.gif
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only Nintendo first party titles I consistently check for is Zelda
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nintendo did have to half-ass this by waiting til next year to talk about games tho. Kinda ?
  • Ba'al
    Ba'al Members Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Last of Us & Uncharted 4 >>>>>>>>> all of these

Wii U games. Pikmin 3. New Super Mario Bros. U. Nintendo Land.
    Wii games.
    Animal Crossing. Super Mario Sunshine. Mario Kart: Double Dash‼ Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Super Smash Bros. ...
    Nintendo 64 games. Super Mario 64. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. ...
    EarthBound.

Ocarina of time and majoras mask thrown in?

Abuse