What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

5 months pregnant Native American woman killed by some King County sheriff’s pigs...

stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/single-mother-fatally-shot-police-months-pregnant-article-1.2842156
Single mother fatally shot by police on Muckleshoot tribal land was five months pregnant

A pregnant Auburn woman was shot and killed by local sheriff’s deputies after they arrived at her home to check on her well-being, according to her foster sister Danielle Bargala.

Renee Davis, who had an ongoing struggle with depression, reached out to a friend early Friday evening, explaining to them that she wasn’t doing well. The recipient of the 23-year-old mother’s text went on to alert the local authorities, prompting several King County sheriff’s deputies to head over to Davis’ home located on Muckleshoot tribal land to check on her, The News Tribune reported.

“It’s really upsetting because it was a wellness check,” Bargala told the newspaper. “Obviously she didn’t come out of it well.”

The sheriff’s office told the newspaper they responded to the report of a suicidal individual and arrived at Davis’ home just after 6:30 p.m.

“They tried repeatedly to get somebody to come to the door,” Sgt. Cindi West told Komo News. “Bu they could see two kids running around inside the house.”

Both children, ages 2 and 3, belonged to Davis, her sister said, noting the single mother had another child, a five-year-old, who was with friends the night of the shooting.

“They found her in the house and she was armed with a handgun,” West said.

According to the news station, the deputies ended up firing multiple rounds, fatally hitting Davis, who was five months pregnant.

Bargala said while she knew her sister owned a hunting rifle — Davis had been an avid hunter — she wasn’t aware she owned a handgun.

She and Bargala grew up in a family of seven kids — Davis, who is of Native American descent, came to live with the family on the Muckleshoot reservation when she was an elementary school student.

Bargala told the Tribune she had never known Davis to even harshly punish her children, let alone be violent: “She was such a soft person.”

Davis’ family is now in the process of figuring out where her three children will go. According to the Tribune, they currently being housed by relatives.

The two deputites have been placed on paid administrative leave while detectives investigate the shooting.

hnj4h6eaopra.jpg

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
mrrealone

Replies

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

LUClENAjackson17Bender Rodriguez
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how the fuck...
    iron man1
  • rickmogulrickmogul IFNOTYNOT Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine ones Always crazy. RIP to the chick tho. Eventually our struggles will unite us! Others will start experiencing what we've went through for centuries.
    Ajackson17bgoat
  • Max.Max. Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who'd they open fire?
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Police don't do wellness checks on people of color...

If your concerned get friends and family to go check it out

Only problem with that is friends and family 99% of the time don't have the ability to do what's needed to help the person. Not saying the police do either, but you need a some other trained professional for this shit

I'm talking about just checking and talking the person down
    rocket-2.gif
    JusDre313iron man1TrillaaaaaaBender Rodriguez
    These fucking emojiis
    rocket-2.gif
    iron man1
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,259 Regulator

Only problem with that is friends and family 99% of the time don't have the ability to do what's needed to help the person. Not saying the police do either, but you need a some other trained professional for this shit

And having dealt with that I'm telling you it takes a professional. Only but so much you can do to calm somebody down, especially if they're in a manic state
    desertrain10SneakDZAAggieLean.
  • RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :p
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

• desertrain10desertrain10 Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

And having dealt with that I'm telling you it takes a professional. Only but so much you can do to calm somebody down, especially if they're in a manic state

True

These families have really no one to turn to for assistance
  • shit happensshit happens May da lawd be wit em These hoes lie and these niggas are fakePosts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

True

These families have really no one to turn to for assistance

There's nothing you can do unless they're trying to harm themselves or other people. With budget cuts things like this will happen more often. Cases you would ordinarily see handled in a delicate manner are now ignored until a crime has been committed.
    Brother_Five
  • warren98warren98 Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    If there's one thing in life that hits me in the feels, its gotta be orphans.

SneakDZABrother_FiveTrillaaaaaa
  • D0wnD0wn Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ghetto love is the law that we live by
    Day by day I wonder why my shorty had to die
    I reminice over my ghetto princess everyday
    Give it up for my shorty
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on a Hater like

Cam-gif.gif
    Cinco

Me and my family dealt with it w/o a "professional".
    Cops are trained to put down a threat...now add that to the fact that they see blacks as extra threatening and thats who you trust with your family members life?
    rocket-2.gif
    VulcanRavengnsBender Rodriguez
  • DillaDeafDillaDeaf Ol' Deaf Bastard downstate IllinoisPosts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though the lady was armed, they had to know she was pregnant.....no excuses.
    tumblr_n9imvvZazQ1rvrdxlo1_400.gif
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me and my family dealt with it w/o a "professional".
    Cops are trained to put down a threat...now add that to the fact that they see blacks as extra threatening and thats who you trust with your family members life?

I don't think that anyone is arguing with you that cops aren't a great option in those situations. People are just pointing out that situations like that can't always be handled safely by the fam. My wife's brother is schizo. If he doesn't take his medicine he bugs out. I've witnessed him get a knife and try to kill himself out of nowhere and then turn the knife on others when they tried to stop him. Sure, the fam was able to de-escalate the situation, but they still had to call the cops to get him to the mental facility.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    I never said all situations can be handled by family...I said I'd rather have my loved ones life put in the hands of other loved ones...
    rocket-2.gif