The Official President Obama, Michelle Obama and Family Appreciation Thread.

fortyacres
fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
edited October 2016 in The Forum of Fame
[img]https://bullseye-? .aggrego.org/wp-ag/wp-content/uploads/dev-politicschatter/2016/08/10111917/the-obama-family-and-dogs1-683x1024.jpg?o=eyJ4IjowLjUsInkiOjAuNSwid2lkdGgiOjIzMzMsImhlaWdodCI6MzUwMH0%3D&s=mZFymWochCguSI0ebXEfU%2F7Xfog%3D[/img]

Since the 44th Commander in Chief's Tenure is coming to an end. Its obviously been a significant 8 years in office some good some bad but a poignant time for America and especially African American History.

This Thread is dedicated to The Obama Family and their 8 year legacy in the White House,America and on the Global stage.

Please Post Memorable,Classic Moments or Powerful Pictures,Drawings & Videos and Thank you or Appreciation Messages for/from the Last 8 years.

DISCLAIMER

All Hotep,Keyboard Bean Eating Militants, Umar Johnson, Tariq Nasheed ass ? will be banned , this is just a positive thread if you are anti Obama please make your own thread).

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing u put that warning
    Hopefully this remains positive
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you grade his presidency?

I give him a solid B.

The bailout is cool, and he did clap bin Laden, but he let these Tea party ? hijack Congress, and they did pretty much destroy the student loan industry. I worked in it, and saw a lot of people laid off once that bill kicked in back in 2010.

Also, the half-sincerity with black issues overall didn't sit too well with me. His last year, he's made up for most of it, especially with the pardons of non-violent offenders, however, I won't just give this man an "A" off of GP.

B, B+ sounds about right in my head. You?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    What would you grade his presidency?

I give him a solid B.

The bailout is cool, and he did clap bin Laden, but he let these Tea party ? hijack Congress, and they did pretty much destroy the student loan industry. I worked in it, and saw a lot of people laid off once that bill kicked in back in 2010.

Also, the half-sincerity with black issues overall didn't sit too well with me. His last year, he's made up for most of it, especially with the pardons of non-violent offenders, however, I won't just give this man an "A" off of GP.

B, B+ sounds about right in my head. You?

Yeah B range absolutely imo. I was thinking about how he has been seemingly riding the fence on race issues since he came in office. At first I thought he was being politically correct/measured with his constant equivocating "on this side you have this, and on this other side you have this, so we have to come together". However, I think he really believes that fence riding ? . He's not "African" American like that...he's Kenyan American...first generation American so his point of view just isn't going to be the same as a Black American descended from slaves.

Couple that with the fact he was raised by a white mother in Hawaii, it's possible he never had that bad of an experience with the police or even racism and he just can't relate ALL the way. This obviously doesn't take away from his Blackness and I don't think he ever tried to down-play his Blackness, but I don't think his difference of perspective can be overlooked. And Black Americans (myself included at times) just struggled to figure out "why don't he see it like us????"
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give him a B+ as well.

Could he have did more...sure. But considering what he got accomplished wit the kind of Congress he has, speaks volumes.

Unlike some folks, I can't put all that on him. I understand some of our people are upset he didn't do enough of us. But if you understand how the branches of government works, then you would know the president has to go thru congress to get anything passed. He wasn't elected just to represent only us, and to push only our agenda. This where folks get misconstrued at.

Honestly, I think now since he soon won't have the chains of congress holding him back, he'll make a bigger impact post presidency getting everything he wants done.
  • gns
    23-romantic-photos-of-michelle-and-barack-obama-on-their-23rd-anniversary.jpg
    oh_yeah_obama.gif
    Lucky man
    I'd tear her.......umm yea positive/respectful thread...Obeezy a lucky man
    #BlackLove #BlackExcellence
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    And is it me....or is FLOTUS keeps getting finer each year?

It'll be a long time b4 we'll have someone wit that kinda elegance and grace.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall member the "beer summit"?

Beer_summit_cheers.jpg
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Singin Lets Stay Together
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had the best White House performances.

Michelle Obama is worthy of praise due to her promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
  • gns
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Yall member the "beer summit"?

Beer_summit_cheers.jpg

That cac just looks racist af
    They had the best White House performances.

Michelle Obama is worthy of praise due to her promotion of a healthy lifestyle.

Lol rednecks boycotted subway because they felt the first lady had some nerve trying to promote health among children
    Smh boy i tell ya
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    rhsunisp97vt.jpg

This pic here tho...LOL!!!

It's like someone just said something dumb and they're reaction is "? what??"
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Ima miss having a black president

You'll still have the joy of watching racists get in their feelings as they name stuff after him.

These cacs gonna have to cope with landing at Obama International Airport someday
This discussion has been closed.