Options

Comments

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I can't rock with this at all

Jamar is coming off like the old crotchety hatin-ass ?

It's literally impossible for every single Lil Boat fan to be "actually stupid"

No it isn't. It just depends on how you measure intelligence.

Some grad student way back used facebook to locate students who wrote SAT's and then log their music tastes through social media. What he found was that the scores had a pretty strong correlation to the kinds of artists they enjoyed.

Let me find this ?

Aight so here's a chart where he displays his data

music-makes-you-dumb.png

I'm shocked you would post this complete trash

And it's actually heavy metal/progressive music listeners that have the highest corresponding intelligence in most studies

You posted a bunch of mainstream artists like you really thought you were teaching something smh
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

You must be a dumb lil boat fan yourself. In the video he pointed out new rappers he likes including Young Dolph who spits nothing like the ? Jamar did during his time in rap. He pointed out an isolated ? ? in the game (Yachty) but also pointed out rappers he likes.

You puff your chest out so much on here smh

Please don't post at me anymore. Final warning
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    how old folk gonna tell young ? what to like? Its like every rapper the kids like and party too they bash. I wouldnt expect someone in they 40s to bump uzi yachty 21 savage ect... but I stay seeing videos of old head bashing and complaining. let them do them hell you aint at the clubs partying with them.

The old heads of the 80s did the same thing to the 90s ? but I guess I'm the one that's too dumb to understand "hypocrisy" smh
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    I hate this argument of, 'well, he's not lyrical he's 'melodic'.'

? , its music. Melody is literally the structure of music. EVERYTHING is melodic. Stop. Its still wack. I think the Biggie/Pac era comparison is unnecessary when we can use the artists from 98-2004 as a better comparison. That's what I (and the new cats) grew up on, it was our golden age. Mos Def, Talib, Kanye, Jay, Nas, Camron, MF Doom, Madlib, Ludacris, Cannibal Ox, Immortal Tech, Missy Elliot, NERD, J Dilla, shiiiiit I can go on and on. Right now I can only name a few cats that I actually like in this generation (and I'm the same age as most of these artists - mid 20s)

THIS IS YOUR OPINION. IT IS NOT A FACT

Why do you ? not understand the difference
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how old folk gonna tell young ? what to like? Its like every rapper the kids like and party too they bash. I wouldnt expect someone in they 40s to bump uzi yachty 21 savage ect... but I stay seeing videos of old head bashing and complaining. let them do them hell you aint at the clubs partying with them.

The old heads of the 80s did the same thing to the 90s ? but I guess I'm the one that's too dumb to understand "hypocrisy" smh

Not really.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some grad student way back used facebook to locate students who wrote SAT's and then log their music tastes through social media. What he found was that the scores had a pretty strong correlation to the kinds of artists they enjoyed.

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

And it's actually heavy metal/progressive music listeners that have the highest corresponding intelligence in most studies

You posted a bunch of mainstream artists like you really thought you were teaching something smh

Cite your source. Pretty sure jazz and classical listeners score higher than them.

I disproved your claim that it's impossible for yachty fans to all be stupid. It's possible given the correlation between music preference and test scores.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

I still hate this stupid chart for the fact that it ignores every other factor at play that would effect someone's education level and musical preference or exposure.

Well it's just correlation it's not meant to be taken to prove causation
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

You must be a dumb lil boat fan yourself. In the video he pointed out new rappers he likes including Young Dolph who spits nothing like the ? Jamar did during his time in rap. He pointed out an isolated ? ? in the game (Yachty) but also pointed out rappers he likes.

You puff your chest out so much on here smh

Please don't post at me anymore. Final warning

How dare i ask you to actually watch a damn video instead of making false statements about Lord Jamar!

I was not puffing my chest out i was pointing out how Jamar actually wasn't the cranky old man hating on all new rappers.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

Cite your source. Pretty sure jazz and classical listeners score higher than them.

I disproved your claim that it's impossible for yachty fans to all be stupid. It's possible given the correlation between music preference and test scores.

Nah you posted a goofy graph

Jazz is progressive music so thanks for agreeing with me. You shouldn't speak on things you don't know btw
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

I still hate this stupid chart for the fact that it ignores every other factor at play that would effect someone's education level and musical preference or exposure.

FYI and no offense but you're actually stupid if you think the SAT's or any standardized tests are accurate measures of intelligence
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

this racist ass chart. among other obvious issues with this, dude can def miss me with jazz being correlated to lower sat scores
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Not really.

Yes really

When gangsta rap and gfunk got popular in the 90s they were a problem for 80s ?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Meh For some people music aint always super serious and whatever. Believe it or not cause it dont matter either way, but there are actually people who have a wider understanding of it. Thats why they can compartmentalize and realize this music is for this mood, that music is for that mood. And actually understand it for what it is. Its the ones with the mental bocks either way who dont get it.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    huey wrote: »

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

this racist ass chart. among other obvious issues with this, dude can def miss me with jazz being correlated to lower sat scores

You may be confounding the data. If you look at the bubbles they are color coded according to genre. While people who wrote jazz is their favourite scored lower in his sample population the artists who make jazz music (Norah Jones, Frank Sinatra) scored significantly higher than that.
  • LUClEN
    Options

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

FYI and no offense but you're actually stupid if you think the SAT's or any standardized tests are accurate measures of intelligence

They are measures of kinds of intelligences. You're a ? if you don't adhere to multiple intelligence theory.
  • LUClEN
    edited October 2016
    Options

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

Jazz is progressive music so thanks for agreeing with me. You shouldn't speak on things you don't know btw

It's the representation of his data from his sample.

Progressive is not just jazz, is a broad and vague term used to refer to many genres, ? .
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

It's the representation of his data from his sample.

Progressive is not just jazz, is a broad and vague term used to refer to many genres, ? .

Which is why I used the term progressive simpleton

Most progressive music is predicated on jazz scales and chord progressions simpleton

Again, stop embarrassing yourself
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

They are measures of kinds of intelligences. You're a ? if you don't adhere to multiple intelligence theory.

No you just adhere to eurocentric intelligence scales because you aren't very smart

Most Europe intelligence tests are class based simpleton
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Meh For some people music aint always super serious and whatever. Believe it or not cause it dont matter either way, but there are actually people who have a wider understanding of it. Thats why they can compartmentalize and realize this music is for this mood, that music is for that mood. And actually understand it for what it is. Its the ones with the mental bocks either way who dont get it.

/thread
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not really.

Yes really

When gangsta rap and gfunk got popular in the 90s they were a problem for 80s ?

Content, yea a little bit it seems but not as much push back on skill level.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This cracka vlad sz he likes yachty's minnesota song
    My ? lost 12 braincells from listening to the first 45 seconds of that song

I refuse to belive old ? felt THIS way about my age groups music these new ? are making short bus sing alongs
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »

Let me find this ?

music-makes-you-dumb.png

You may be confounding the data. If you look at the bubbles they are color coded according to genre. While people who wrote jazz is their favourite scored lower in his sample population the artists who make jazz music (Norah Jones, Frank Sinatra) scored significantly higher than that.

i see, its a bit misleading at a glance
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lil Yachty is trash but nobody born after 1969 knows who Lord Jamar is
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old ppl love complaining about the newer generation. Its their time get over it.