Betrayal:We Were Never Friends. We Just Grew Up Together.Hidden Racism

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Typically when people are your friend they are YOUR friend that has little to do with other folks who share physical traits that you have.

When I talk to white people and decide that one person is cool it has nothing to do with other white people.

I don't understand why you expect your white friends to like all black people. Especially considering black people don't even like all black people and White folks don't like all white folks either.

Being disrespectful or ignorant can be about anything, especially in the age of Facebook. I see people say stupid ? all the time. They say stupid ? about women, foreigners, the handicapped, children, the elderly all types of ? .

Face it, you live in a world now where you get people's thoughts and opinions mostly unfiltered whether you ask for it or not. If you sensitive you don't need to be online period. I guarantee someone just posted some ? on their timeline by the time you finish reading this.

Just block em or unfriend em and be done with it.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people by large are conservative. That is why my belief is the large majority of white folks are racist or have no empathy. The minority of white folks that are "woke" is a small one. If there was "good" white folks then how come they haven't stopped racial injustice in this country.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    White people by large are conservative. That is why my belief is the large majority of white folks are racist or have no empathy. The minority of white folks that are "woke" is a small one. If there was "good" white folks then how come they haven't stopped racial injustice in this country.

Being conservative has nothing to do at all with why whites are racist or have no empathy

Empathy is the result of being able to identify with someone else, we love our family members because we SEE ourselves in them so we can in most cases fully recognize their humanity because we see our humanity in them.

whites are racist because they don't deeply on a fundamental level identify with anyone outside their race, in other words they don't feel your pain because you are not part of them and therefore it's harder for whites to see the humanity in you and other races.

racism is a corruption/natural evolution of the "in group vs out group" instinct found in all human beings and societies
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

Ignorance and denial
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    I had fake friendships in college with white people. I don't even have the energy for that anymore. The forced conversations, not being able to completely be myself, always feeling like I'm wearing a mask, etc. I would have to go from using the word "? " about 15 times a day to 2 when I'm around a white friend. I'm just not comfortable.

It's such an illustration of the extra work you have to do as a minority to resonate with the greater public. Around white people, I don't feel like I have the luxury of just existing. It's like we have to prove our humanity, and if you lack the charm and other social skills to make that easily digestible for them, well, good luck to you. I'm too old for that now. They gotta kiss my ass. I bring my chitlins to work, heat them up in the break room and dare somebody to say some ? . Life's too short.

You deserve a whoopin

My people from the south. This what we eat.

Born and raised in the south and I dont ? with pig guts. Matter of fact I dont ? with pig anything. Don't try to blame your slave based diet on us.

Damn, not even honey baked ham?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ya'll overrate the power that average white people have. They have white privilege, but that isn't all that big a deal when compared to the power the rich elite wield.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    " The devil you know is better than the one you don't!".
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    I had fake friendships in college with white people. I don't even have the energy for that anymore. The forced conversations, not being able to completely be myself, always feeling like I'm wearing a mask, etc. I would have to go from using the word "? " about 15 times a day to 2 when I'm around a white friend. I'm just not comfortable.

It's such an illustration of the extra work you have to do as a minority to resonate with the greater public. Around white people, I don't feel like I have the luxury of just existing. It's like we have to prove our humanity, and if you lack the charm and other social skills to make that easily digestible for them, well, good luck to you. I'm too old for that now. They gotta kiss my ass. I bring my chitlins to work, heat them up in the break room and dare somebody to say some ? . Life's too short.

You deserve a whoopin

Born and raised in the south and I dont ? with pig guts. Matter of fact I dont ? with pig anything. Don't try to blame your slave based diet on us.

Honey baked ham, roasted ham, bbq ham ? all that ? . No pepperoni pizza, no suausage, no bacon, no pork chops none of it. I haven't intentionally eaten pork in well iver a decade. Pigs were made to clean the earth not to be eaten.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ya'll overrate the power that average white people have. They have white privilege, but that isn't all that big a deal when compared to the power the rich elite wield.

The main issue is that white folks in general benefit from white supremacy and won't give it up. As I said if there was alot "good" white folks then there would be major change. But there isnt. The large majority of white people support the police. Look at every poll on race. It's the same. About 70- 80% of white folks support the police, 10-15% don't now are care. And 5-10% are woke.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    this thread reeks of dangerous generalizations gaddamn.

why do you guys act like we all have the same life experience ?

stop spreading your race fears and racial paranoia and travel a little because some of you are no different than the actual racists you claim to hate and fight against.
    fortyacres wrote: »
    this thread reeks of dangerous generalizations gaddamn.

why do you guys act like we all have the same life experience ?

stop spreading your race fears and racial paranoia and travel a little because some of you are no different than the actual racists you claim to hate and fight against.

100% agree

CAC Alert
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The main issue is that white folks in general benefit from white supremacy and won't give it up. As I said if there was alot "good" white folks then there would be major change. But there isnt. The large majority of white people support the police. Look at every poll on race. It's the same. About 70- 80% of white folks support the police, 10-15% don't now are care. And 5-10% are woke.

The police members are white people's cousins, uncles, fathers, and brothers, so of course they're going to support them over foreign black people. Not to mention these same black people are painted in the news/media as criminals. The same news that the gullible masses see as truth. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

And white people do not have privilege. You being treated like ? doesn't mean others are privileged, all it means is YOU are not welcome. This country was molded by white people to create a system where white people can thrive with minimal resistance. Everything else is collateral.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    That ain't all white people tho. I got a white homeboy that'll do anything for me, always showed love, even when he ain't have to.

he will betray you it's just in their nature bruh
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

Honey baked ham, roasted ham, bbq ham ? all that ? . No pepperoni pizza, no suausage, no bacon, no pork chops none of it. I haven't intentionally eaten pork in well iver a decade. Pigs were made to clean the earth not to be eaten.

I haven't ate any pork for almost three years. One of the best decision I ever made
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forget 'friends', do any of you have white loved ones?
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see things in the perspective of an opportunist when it comes to white ppl

I grew up around a variety of different ppl from various ethnic backgrounds

In Michigan, theres ppl from everywhere because of the automotive industry

And a heavy prescence of the arab community

These experiences contributed to my lack of racist ideology and more of an open minded approach to all

When it comes to white ppl, at first growing up, I thought they were "friends" but as I grew up and gained more life experiences I saw the real "truth"

Perfect way to sum up our relationship with them is that we as a whole exist with each other and tolerate each other but there is no true "authentic" affection as a whole at least

I've had white ppl joke with me, invite me out to parties, chill with me, listen to the same music and holla at hoes, white hoes at that

But through out all this "friendship", there is that dark, violent past history that they are majorily responsible for that will never go away

And coupled with the subsconscious racist insensitivity toward other minorities and their ignorant mindset

You have to be aware at all times.

I've had white ppl I was cool with, not stand up beside me when racist incidents happened

Them trying to use the "n-word" around you because they think you're that cool

Even overheard a convo of theirs telling another one of them that they have to "earn it" in order to say it (I blame the ? that allowed this ? in the 1st place)

It dont matter how much white ? you get, how much fun you have with them and even how much money you make with them

Never forget some of them will still see you as a ? at the end of the day

With that said, ? with them to get farther financially but never compromise your values or most importantly your dignity to your race

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll do know you can not be naive about racial differences and what may come with them and still not pin certain attributes to entire races right? I mean, you should know, we've been telling white people this for millions of years now.

What if I told you there was actually a space, actually, several spaces between all white people are racist and all white people love me? You don't have to ? read the Keys of Enoch to figure that out do you?

What if I told you, the trending conversations about race in your homes, on your television, and in your communities, or on your computers aren't all absolute? ? 's mind blowing right?

The intellectually lazy must perish.

All white people don't hate you, and don't just eat anybody's mac n cheese B. You'll live a longer, happier life.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

You have no way of knowing this, Foh.
    Pigs are delicious
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »

You deserve a whoopin

Pigs are delicious

Flagged
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So y'all are just now realizing white people for the most part disagree and don't like anything that isn't white? Lol y'all need to stop acting shocked at that ? .
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    And ? all you non swine eating ? I'm gonna ? a pig butt up at Thanksgiving.

@obnoxiouslyfresh if I ever come to the Chi again I'll buy the chitlins and hogmauls if you cook em baby girl we can clog our arteries until our hearts are content.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And ? all you non swine eating ? I'm gonna ? a pig butt up at Thanksgiving.

@obnoxiouslyfresh if I ever come to the Chi again I'll buy the chitlins and hogmauls if you cook em baby girl we can clog our arteries until our hearts are content.

@dallas' 4 eva hell yea!!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

Pigs are delicious

? be eating shell fish catfish and all other types of scavengers but pork is bad? Smh
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

You deserve a whoopin

Pigs are delicious

? be eating shell fish catfish and all other types of scavengers but pork is bad? Smh

Ya feel me? Shrimp, crab, lobster, and crawfish are literally swimming insects but don't nobody ever say ? about them nasty mufuckas.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aneed123 wrote: »

You deserve a whoopin

Pigs are delicious

Ya feel me? Shrimp, crab, lobster, and crawfish are literally swimming insects but don't nobody ever say ? about them nasty mufuckas.

That's just as bad...

But you ? don't be giddy over shellfish like you swoon over swine.