What is Harder to Achieve? Humility for the Arrogant or Self Confidence /Love for the Insecure?

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Self Confidence /Love for the Insecure
    a.mann wrote: »
    This was an easy one for me. An arrogant person will get humbled quickly once he/she loses a few times. In fact, I don't know one arrogant person that wasn't humbled eventually.

Self confidence is extremely hard to achieve if you're insecure, as you've already laid down a foundation based on convictions. Insecurity is of the essence of the person experiencing it. In order to achieve self confidence, you would have to self reflect and challenge your own ideology through the power of will and very strong outside influences.

I try to find a remedy for insecurity every time I'm around our children. I've seen little girls refer to their natural look as ugly, while the doll that looks nothing like them is pretty. They also do this when watching cartoons or those little Disney shows. This was alarming to me, as the girls I'm referring to were only like 3 or 4 years old, which leads me to believe the TV plays a HUGE part in this whole thing.

SN: I know when I have kids, that TV ? has to go, unless I'm sitting there with them explaining/countering the subliminal messages these programs are sending to our children.

im tryin to keep her ass balanced! lol & smmfh
    im the only voice of reasonning she has.. the only sense of reality. smh

This is what i was trying to get to without writing a book in the OP lol....

@a.mann

If you love yourself unconditionally, you naturally will have more compassion for others and their struggles because of your personal journey to reach that point of self peace.

And all arrogance is is really misguided self confidence. Humility is being brought back down to earth. If white people were willing to humble themselves and admit to the privilege they are afforded just by being born white, they me be able to develop more compassion for others. You can be proud of who you are and we're you come from without hating others, and that goes for all ethnicities.

It's about balance man.

thats some real ? right there..
    u pretty much jus described me to a t..

and dont worry about a.mann..

he the only ? in here that didnt get what u were sayin..
    he priviledged too.. he from the army..

that and i swear he's a ? agent..
    he's here to cause confusion. lol & smmfh

? , you like a dog with a ,can't let it go...lol

so NOW I'm an agent???
    please....

Anyway the o/p spoke on white people and black people's history.

If you've been paying attention...oh say...for the last 200 plus years

Compassion,understanding, and humility aren't something you'll gon find in abundance this saga

White people's arrogance and complete lack of humility why is race relations struggle to move forward

iv called u the feds before ? ..

dont act brand new..
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humility for the Arrogant
    AZTG wrote: »
    This is just me talking about my point of view. Im so ? arrogant man. I have to stop myself from thinking im ? a lot.

Its gotte worse as ive found success. I chalk a lot of it too luck. Over the past few years everything I did I was successful at. Whatever my plan is, it works and I keep becoming more and more successful. A lot of it I chalk up to luck. I really am a lucky person.

But then I start feeling like ? is on my side. I start feeling like the universe loves me thats why im so lucky.

And, people close to me all see the arrogance, but thats the arrogance I cant hide. Inside I feel like im king.

Smh.

there's no such thing as luck..

there's no such thing as ? either..

Haha. Bruh, ima athiest man. I dont even believe in all that ? . I talk to myself about luck to keep my arrogance from going even more out of control.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

iv called u the feds before ? ..

dont act brand new..

yeah,you gotta a lot sass
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Arrogant ? go out of their way to be arrogant. They put in the time,, energy and effort to build and feed that sense of arrogance. In many instances insecure people can't help it. Things may have happened in their past through no fault of their own that has destroyed them internally. Young girls that are molested abd ? often develop low self esteem and insecurity as they get older but they really cant help it. Donald Trump on the other hand is just an arrogant ? ? . But what you dont know is that the most arrogant ? you meet are usually the most self hating, insecure ? on earth. Instead of working to solve their core issues of insecurity and low self-esteem they double down kn arrogance. Their arrogance>>>>>>>insecurity.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Human Faults are Equally Difficult to Overcome
    This was an easy one for me. An arrogant person will get humbled quickly once he/she loses a few times. In fact, I don't know one arrogant person that wasn't humbled eventually.

Self confidence is extremely hard to achieve if you're insecure, as you've already laid down a foundation based on convictions. Insecurity is of the essence of the person experiencing it. In order to achieve self confidence, you would have to self reflect and challenge your own ideology through the power of will and very strong outside influences.

I try to find a remedy for insecurity every time I'm around our children. I've seen little girls refer to their natural look as ugly, while the doll that looks nothing like them is pretty. They also do this when watching cartoons or those little Disney shows. This was alarming to me, as the girls I'm referring to were only like 3 or 4 years old, which leads me to believe the TV plays a HUGE part in this whole thing.

SN: I know when I have kids, that TV ? has to go, unless I'm sitting there with them explaining/countering the subliminal messages these programs are sending to our children.

@a.mann

If you love yourself unconditionally, you naturally will have more compassion for others and their struggles because of your personal journey to reach that point of self peace.

And all arrogance is is really misguided self confidence. Humility is being brought back down to earth. If white people were willing to humble themselves and admit to the privilege they are afforded just by being born white, they me be able to develop more compassion for others. You can be proud of who you are and we're you come from without hating others, and that goes for all ethnicities.

It's about balance man.

so NOW I'm an agent???
    please....

Compassion,understanding, and humility aren't something you'll gon find in abundance this saga

White people's arrogance and complete lack of humility why is race relations struggle to move forward

Exactly. But that is why I asked the question I did.

Which will be harder to achieve?

I've said this before, but we know for a fact black folks have been oppressed and brainwashed for centuries. We know how it was done. And we have an explanation for why, but is there more to it?

Also, what about white folks. And i aint the asking about the so called "elite"...I'm talking about the everyday white person working and trying to make a way just like the majority of black folks. Why were they brainwashed to believe they are and were the greatest human beings to ever walk the earth? How do you undue this detrimental thought process?

If we can give credit the the "Willie Lynch" syndrome, what about them?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@a.mann

It's about balance man.

so NOW I'm an agent???
    please....

I've said this before, but we know for a fact black folks have been oppressed and brainwashed for centuries. We know how it was done. And we have an explanation for why, but is there more to it?

Also, what about white folks. And i aint the asking about the so called "elite"...I'm talking about the everyday white person working and trying to make a way just like the majority of black folks. Why were they brainwashed to believe they are and were the greatest human beings to ever walk the earth? How do you undue this detrimental thought process?

I don't think that is a detrimental thought process.

Some peoples application of that thought process is detrimental though.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

@a.mann

It's about balance man.

so NOW I'm an agent???
    please....

When you've been top dog for awhile, for another cat to show they shining too,it's a hard pill to swallow
    This isn't a mere case of "arrogance",it's ego....an inflated one, built on the false sense of superiority
    Alas anything that inflates has to come down to the ground. That's humbly when you think you fly

The majority of white people have been conditioned to believe they are superior to non-whites.
    So it's not mere "brainwashed",implying they were "force" to believe this.

This is something they not only willingly believe,but practice

for this country to uphold the belief of "All men are created equal,justice for all" yadda,yadda...
    I estimate about 2-3 generations of white folks have to die off i.e old age,disease, ever decreasing fertility rates etc.

But even then,there will other form of discrimination,disenfranchisement, and faux sense superiority
    It just will not be race base
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find helping someone find their self confidence to be extremely rewarding...and between the two options that's the option I would rather deal with...but it is harder. It takes consistency...you have to support them through the whole journey...if you leave them at the wrong moment or a life event happens at the wrong time, they'll go right back to being insecure.

Life has a way of humbling the arrogant...a lot of times it only takes 1 or 2 moments to get the job done. It doesn't take the consistency it takes to help someone get their confidence up
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's incredibly difficult to get a person with low self-esteem to understand that they have some worth.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest, there really is nothing at all wrong with being arrogant. As long as that arrogance is earned and doesn't infringe on other people. There are some things that each of us SHOULD be arrogant about.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    White people are insufferably arrogant and aloof
    Black people are annoyingly insecure and fragile

Its probably why I have like 5 friends total.

On a personal level, I'm not a fan of either. I do realize how it comes about and try to be patient but neither is something I want to be around for too long.

If asked which is worse...insecurity is worse. Arrogance can be blunted with reality checks but in some cases no amount of petting and kissing makes insecure people feel secure. Especially considering any security gained is fragile and reversed too easily.

If you've ever dealt with an insecure female you know what I mean. The constant need for compliments and attention, the paranoia and lack of trust that ? is awful to deal with.

By that same token though, broads with too high of an opinion of themselves are usually not even worth being around. So there is something to be said about the labor of loving the insecure as opposed to stroking the ego of the arrogant.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humility for the arrogant typically comes from sudden events. Arrogance typically from external factors that can be removed.

Self love and confidence for the insecure comes from a series of processes that may take years. Self love and confidence comes from within and a person has to be thoroughly convinced, almost (but not quite) instinctually.

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? up when u used me to make a point, ? dont like me fam
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    but yo, as for ur question tho....i would say based on how confident u are in urself..its harder to be humbled, cause its harder to recognize failure. cause even in failure, u find victory. and people dont like a loser not acting like a loser, so they act envious, which further drives you into ur "arrogance".

And for real for real, i dont think much people really know arrogance, alot of people mistake high self confidence for arrogance cause they cant fathom it even being that high, so it has to be a manufactured cover for low self confidence...but nah, some people truly believe in themselves that strongly.

i dont think u can eliminate totally insecurity, so cant choose that option.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you mean for yourself or for someone else
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Either or. Answer from both perspectives just for the sake of conversation.
  • SolemnSauce
    edited October 2016
    Options
    i mean it for errone but if you one say that dont apply to u, thats cool. i not immune to being wrong..but errone insecure over something, so people hide it, some people disguise it, so people hide it in plane sight, like the eye of the storm, ? surrouned by so much other eye drawing chaos, that u dont even pick up what it look like, let alone feel like to them...some people got that craziest insecurities...will come outside in a neon outfit, up and down, neon in their hair, nose ring, eye ring, and be self conscious and insecure about the mole over their other eye, they always make sure its covered...and ur thinking...with all that ? u got on that eye catching...thats gone be the least likely ? anyone see's. but let someone make fun of it and they gotta hold back tears...people weird man
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but yo, as for ur question tho....i would say based on how confident u are in urself..its harder to be humbled, cause its harder to recognize failure. cause even in failure, u find victory. and people dont like a loser not acting like a loser, so they act envious, which further drives you into ur "arrogance".

And for real for real, i dont think much people really know arrogance, alot of people mistake high self confidence for arrogance cause they cant fathom it even being that high, so it has to be a manufactured cover for low self confidence...but nah, some people truly believe in themselves that strongly.

thats some real ? ..

i go through that ? daily..
    ? even on this thread..

a ? cant even be proud of himself ..cane from nothin.. told he wasnt go be nothin.. and wit no help became somethin despite a system design to hinder him from bein such ..he cant be happy for himself next to a ? unhappy wit himself.. cause then u get the ? . smmfh
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Either or. Answer from both perspectives just for the sake of conversation.

humility for an arrogant person....yea i can...because when the ? hits the fan....i might be the one trying topick them up cuase i hate seeing ? get humbled unless they came at me wrong. but even then....i'd still show them respect because i dont know why or how they got like that. who am i to judge.

as for me....im very humble, i just say ? that might be taken the wrong way. never really been arrogant...cocky a few times but not arrogant. and even then...them ? deserved to be styled on.

now self confidence is easier to get and build because a few accomplishments and the right support can build it.

an insecure person can be built up with compliments....she some of these so called IG models and 5-6's are proof of that.

even a nerd ? gets a bounce in his step if he beats a ? ass
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is literally why I am In the rut I'm in today. As soon as I break these mental chains, it's game over.

We all gon make it bruhs
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    This is literally why I am In the rut I'm in today. As soon as I break these mental chains, it's game over.

We all gon make it bruhs

why those chains there.....
    why are you allowing them to be there....

if i called you a ? ? an its on sight and im in your city at the hilton downtown a told you come get this fade....

do you have enough confidence to come try to win?

i bet you do.

if you see a fine big ? dominican and the most sexy voice she says "oye papi,venir aqui y habla conmigo"

? you'd down load google translate and step to her without a second thought.
    am i right ...

of course i am

problem with my people is we put confidence in the wrong ? . we have it...we just put priority on the wrong type ?
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thats some real ? ..

? even on this thread..

a ? cant even be proud of himself ..cane from nothin.. told he wasnt go be nothin.. and wit no help became somethin despite a system design to hinder him from bein such ..he cant be happy for himself next to a ? unhappy wit himself.. cause then u get the ? . smmfh

This is why you only ? with like-minded people who are doing the same kinds of things.. Or your day 1's.. There are a lot of ? I can't even stand next to let alone have a conversation with.. ? be oozing envy and jealousy.. No knowing I came from the same if not worse circumstances to get to the point I am in life. And i am still grinding.. But whatever I digress..

To answer the thread.. I think it depends on the person..
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    I picked the option I voted for because everyoneshe struggle is different and similar all at the same time. And arrogance or pride and insecurities are more often than not tied to one another. Some people are so prideful, that they ignore the insecurities they have. Or they are so insecure in themselves, they look to bring others down to their level through insults...and it feeds their ego that way.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We all gon make it bruhs

why those chains there.....
    why are you allowing them to be there....

if i called you a ? ? an its on sight and im in your city at the hilton downtown a told you come get this fade....

do you have enough confidence to come try to win?

i bet you do.

if you see a fine big ? dominican and the most sexy voice she says "oye papi,venir aqui y habla conmigo"

? you'd down load google translate and step to her without a second thought.
    am i right ...

of course i am

problem with my people is we put confidence in the wrong ? . we have it...we just put priority on the wrong type ?

Real talk. I'm fairly confident in my abilities but there are still times where you psych yourself out thinking its too hard or you aren't good enough.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

thats some real ? ..

? even on this thread..

the hate i get is crazy....

? i also came from nothing and now in negotiations with global companies after buying one and building another...

a lil ? from north philly who never wanted to be involved in fukk ? just wants to get ? for the person hes with and ? hate all day.

thats why i stay sliding subliminal ? on ?