How much of Your S/O 's (not married) problems are you willing to take on ?

Options
2»

Comments

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As a man, I won't fight her battles for her, but as her man, I'm willing to fight her battles with her.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I don't get how y'all can be all "whatever..your problem" with your SO....it's not like this just some ? you smashing..this somebody you thought were at least special enough to build something with

? what? lol I've been in enough relationships to know 3-4 months aint ? , you're still dealing with their representatives. If you're paying a ? 's bills after 3 months you're a borderline trick.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By 1-2 months Ima have some idea if I want to keep seeing this woman or not. If our feelings for each other are strong enough, I'd stick by her. However, for whatever help I can bring forth, she's gotta show an ability to cope with her current situation and get past it at some point
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know my answer on this

c357c1c6337d01d595bb0d5d6abdbd99.jpg
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wife and I shared everything, 3 years after we met, 2 years before we were married.

If you really know someone, you are truly in love with that person, and you can honestly see yourself spending the rest of your life with them ...

"Problems" are just things you collectively overcome; things you look past and persevere through.

There is no more "mine" and "hers" anymore...

Only "ours"
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Wife and I shared everything, 3 years after we met, 2 years before we were married.

If you really know someone, you are truly in love with that person, and you can honestly see yourself spending the rest of your life with them ...

"Problems" are just things you collectively overcome; things you look past and persevere through.

There is no more "mine" and "hers" anymore...

Only "ours"

This is a concept i can't really grasp...
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    This actually happened with the bf, but by 4 months I felt strongly enough to stick with him. Sometimes you gotta look at the potential. I knew he wouldn't be down for long.

@kat is he looking out for you now that you are jobless and on welfare?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    This actually happened with the bf, but by 4 months I felt strongly enough to stick with him. Sometimes you gotta look at the potential. I knew he wouldn't be down for long.

@kat is he looking out for you now that you are jobless and on welfare?

He's always looked out for me.

I'm not on welfare btw. Don't be mad I ain't gotta work right now.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well if you claiming her its representative of u how u treat that situation.....

It may be your wake up call to keep it solid with you and her....
    or be real with yourself and break it off.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I don't get how y'all can be all "whatever..your problem" with your SO....it's not like this just some ? you smashing..this somebody you thought were at least special enough to build something with

? what? lol I've been in enough relationships to know 3-4 months aint ? , you're still dealing with their representatives. If you're paying a ? 's bills after 3 months you're a borderline trick.

I know on the IC we only deal in extremes, but there's a happy medium here. You don't have to do all somebody's work for them but ? early on in the thread was acting like they wouldn't offer no typa help lol.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    If i love her im taking ALL her problems

U fallin in love in 3 months?
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Stiff. Good topic. I'd be there. Like Leftcoastkev said if u claim her, represent and hold her down. Remember: "A rising tide floats all boats.". If I'm doing good " we" doing good until she's back in motion again. Wouldn't even look 4 nuthin in return. I pick good women too tho. Couldn't abandon one of my selections.
  • TigerZord
    TigerZord Members Posts: 6
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    If you're not married, it depends on the situation ...

But you are under no obligation

I agree. Worst case, I'd help them find a job.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This actually happened with an ex.

Her and her grandmother whom she lived with at the time were having issues she ended up being kicked out and had no place to go so she ended up staying at my apartment.

Cool situation intiallly because I wasn't use to having in house kitty at the time; however, over time I started to see things that didn't jive with my idea of how things should be.

Old girl was kinda junky, liked to go out a lot especially on the weekends and while I was gone, and she wouldn't hold a job longer than a few months. She was a cool person we still talk to this day ocassionally, but I eventually moved on.
  • Crude_
    Options
    Cohabitation will teach you a lot about a person.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont easily start exclusively dating a ? , so, if me and her are an item, it would mean that we had a long courtship, plus 3-4 months of exclusive dating, at that point I know if I like her not. I cant see myself paying for her rent or nothing but I do see how I might be more understanding and willing to help her out a bit.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It all depends on her persona, knowing me, I'd hope the chick I'm in the situation with has a "get up and and go get it" type of attitude instead of the "woe is me" type. If she's trying to deal with the situation on her own (1st) and she has used all of her outlets, such as going to her parents (1st), going down to the unemployment line and trying to get that 225-250 a week check (1st), going downtown to try and apply for food-stamps (1st), trying to help herself (1st) before asking me, then I'll try and do my part to add to what she has hustled up, but if she loses her job and the 1st thing she does is hit me with a text or call saying "you think you can help me out for a few months on these bills" uhh no bihh

The best thing to do and this may sound bad is to not ask me, then you'll probably get a better outcome if you don't even ask me, just let me walk into your situation and see that you're trying to make it out of that situation
  • Crude_
    Options
    It all depends on her persona, knowing me, I'd hope the chick I'm in the situation with has a "get up and and go get it" type of attitude instead of the "woe is me" type. If she's trying to deal with the situation on her own (1st) and she has used all of her outlets, such as going to her parents (1st), going down to the unemployment line and trying to get that 225-250 a week check (1st), going downtown to try and apply for food-stamps (1st), trying to help herself (1st) before asking me, then I'll try and do my part to add to what she has hustled up, but if she loses her job and the 1st thing she does is hit me with a text or call saying "you think you can help me out for a few months on these bills" uhh no bihh

The best thing to do and this may sound bad is to not ask me, then you'll probably get a better outcome if you don't even ask me, just let me walk into your situation and see that you're trying to make it out of that situation

Women don't like that ish.

Had this youngin mad at me one time because she felt as though I should contribute just because she was dealing with me on a regular basis.

I was never really quick to throw my money at any situation, some men will gladly trick off money to a woman who aint bringing much to the table other than some cat but I never got down like that.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If my girl takes a hit, I'm stepping in.

3-4 months just determines how far I'm willing to go.

Close thread.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a man, I won't fight her battles for her, but as her man, I'm willing to fight her battles with her.

Get this hallmark card ? tf outta here
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

I aint saying yall met 3 months ago..yall been "goin together" for 3 months. Yall likely been ? with each other for months and months before that to whatever extent..so you would have a sense of who that person is
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »

Get this hallmark card ? tf outta here

You think hallmark will pay me for that one? I'm gonna submit it and see what happens...