Is Unconditional Love Real?

Options
NeighborhoodNomad.
NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Is it possible to Love someone or something unconditionally? I mean really unconditionally, meaning there's nothing that that person or thing can do that will ever make you love them or it less, even if it's our children.

Now I don't mean "in love", we all know that can fade, I mean Love Love. Love in all its forms.

If it's True Love, can you ever stop loving that person, and what are/were those conditions?

When it comes to Love, is there a line that can never crossed?

Is unconditional love a real thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm9DgfVi1VE

Is Unconditional Love Real? 40 votes

Yes
55%
[Deleted User]damnkpaneed123kzzlunspoken_respectDoUwant2go2HeavenCapitalBReppinTimeWill MunnyCainNothingButTheTruthJungzVader_F_KennedyBetaMazterChef32DaysOfInfinitiAZTGblacktuxYoung StefEther44mag 22 votes
No
40%
nawledge_godleftcoastkevjonojetlifebihrickmoguldnyce215MorganFreemanKingBussy_Getta Crude_TrillfateRahlowNeighborhoodNomad. blackgod813SolemnSaucethe dukesterPaprika 16 votes
Other
5%
atribecalledgabiMissK 2 votes

Comments

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    No
    I believe all things have boundaries and conditions.

ALL things.

Love is no exception.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yes
    If you built a relationship with someone, and within it there are good memories it's hard to just forget the good times, that alone will keep the love alive in your heart in any weather. But an egregious violation will diminish it greatly, but once I love somebody, it's love forever, even if events take place where I can't ? wit you anymore, especially if I have real history with you. You can't make happy times unhappy retroactively.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Was just listening to that song
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Some people's conditions appear limitless but I'd bet money there is something that would make their love stop.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    No
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    If you built a relationship with someone, and within it there are good memories it's hard to just forget the good times, that alone will keep the love alive in your heart in any weather. But an egregious violation will diminish it greatly, but once I love somebody, it's love forever, even if events take place where I can't ? wit you anymore, especially if I have real history with you. You can't make happy times unhappy retroactively.

Truth.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Various forms of betrayal will tear that down......
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It doesent matter ...

If two people truly believe and act as though, they love each other unconditionally ... than those two people love each other far beyond any conditions that they can reasonably expect to encounter.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Only for family. Any ? can and will get dropped and I only let a homie nowadays get so close.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    No
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Only for family. Any ? can and will get dropped and I only let a homie nowadays get so close.

So there's nothing a family member or one of your homies can do to make your love fade for them?

Why drop the ? and not the homies or family? That sounds like a conditional love.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yeshua is love. Because even when we were yet still sinners, He died for us. Hallelujah!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Other
    It's complicated...cuz you can put conditions on how you'll deal with somebody you love but that doesn't necessarily mean the love itself is gone.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I'm a cynical bastard but even I think its real. I don't think every mother loves their children unconditionally, but I know my mom does, and I know she's not the only mom out there that does. That just the most obvious example.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    It's complicated...cuz you can put conditions on how you'll deal with somebody you love but that doesn't necessarily mean the love itself is gone.

exactly ! I have a couple people that I still love but dont want in my life no more ,because there was ALOT more good than bad but the bad made the relationship change ,but I dont want to see nothing bad happen to them and I still wish em the best
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    No

You're complicating it Gabi. Even if you put conditions on the way you treat or deal with that person, Love is unconditional by what you just said.

Are you saying the only thing that changes is the way you interact or deal with that person but you'll still love them unconditionally?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yes
    You can change your conscious thoughts as much as you'd like, but love penetrates the subconscious b and deadin that takes a while, and even then the footprints on your heart don't get washed away by high tide just like that.
    Emotion changes the conscious mind faster than the conscious mind changes emotion, if it can be done at all. Meaning, you can't think your way out of love. I don't give a ? what the violation is my nig, you ain't turnin the titanic on a dime, if you got love for em, you got love for em. Especially if the love is real.

If your family violate you, it just mean you gon feel the pain 3 fold, 1 because you got violated, 2 because you gotta turn your back on somebody you love 3 because you got violated by somebody you love. It don't ? the love, it just saves the body.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    No
    Yeshua is love. Because even when we were yet still sinners, He died for us. Hallelujah!

Even ? 's Love is conditional.

“I love those who love me, And those who earnestly seek me do find me".
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Even ? 's Love is conditional.

“I love those who love me, And those who earnestly seek me do find me".
    exactly what I was gone say before I saw this...

/close thread
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    "even if its our chikdren."

? u mean!!?
    ? kinda ? is u??! smmfh

but anyways..
    if i love u i love u..
    that i cant help..

but what i can help is the "conditions" of me ? wit u..

cause i love me more then u love anybody..
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Other

You're complicating it Gabi. Even if you put conditions on the way you treat or deal with that person, Love is unconditional by what you just said.

Are you saying the only thing that changes is the way you interact or deal with that person but you'll still love them unconditionally?

I didn't get deep in my response but yes I believe love can be unconditional. But then that raises other points too...
    For example, all love isn't unconditional. But because a certain relationship (romantic, family, friends, etc) isn't doesn't mean the love isn't genuine. Or "true love" like you said in the op.

Also, if you're at a point where you figure you're just gonna love somebody no matter what, my personal condition is that I won't ever be stupid or play myself in order to receive it or give it. Is that conditional or unconditional? I'm not really sure...
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    @NeighborhoodNomad. I got one older bro besides my mom's and pops. We've fallen out but always got it right back and I'd say for the past 10 years it's been A1. Different kinda love and respect. A chick or a homie can and will get jealous, set u up, ? on ya dreams, laugh @ ya faults, discourage you, steal from you, lie, cheat etc. My brother would never do that. So that's Y I replied my love 4 a chick or homie would only go so far in general. Older and wiser now.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    No
    "even if its our chikdren."

? u mean!!?
    ? kinda ? is u??! smmfh

but anyways..
    if i love u i love u..
    that i cant help..

but what i can help is the "conditions" of me ? wit u..

cause i love me more then u love anybody..

Every scandalous ? and foul ? is someone's child. I don't put anything past anyone. I guess my love is conditional.

I understand the conditions of how we "deal with" or treat those we love, but are there conditions to the love itself?

Can you stop loving someone? And if you can, does it mean you never truly loved them?

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    No

I didn't get deep in my response but yes I believe love can be unconditional. But then that raises other points too...
    For example, all love isn't unconditional. But because a certain relationship (romantic, family, friends, etc) isn't doesn't mean the love isn't genuine. Or "true love" like you said in the op.

Also, if you're at a point where you figure you're just gonna love somebody no matter what, my personal condition is that I won't ever be stupid or play myself in order to receive it or give it. Is that conditional or unconditional? I'm not really sure...

Everything you described are conditions/"conditional".
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    We want love to be unconditional but it is. We can't envision a loved one betraying on a high enough level to cut them off but that cut off exists.

Everyone has a different threshold. I think those that believe it exists just can't fathom some of the unreal ? people have dealt with.

I wish that ? was real but it isn't