Reasons why Tupac was a ? ........

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Meh. People still butthurt. I still listen to dude's music and everything. He been gone for 20 years which makes this type thing weak. I couldnt imagine not being able to enjoy the music and being sour after all this time. Dude who made this seems to have his own issues within himself those are his. And/or seeking attention. People trying to down someone who is gone and been gone is something I dont condone. This dude is a nobody, Pac is the greatest rapper ever. Just some lame loser being lame. That said, Its not about condoning everything he did but realizing he was young it is what it is. Dont see whats so hard to understand about that. All the extra is lame and weak and shows a lot about anyone doing it.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Idont get why ? gotta disrespect the dead. pac did alot during his life span. i think he did more then wat these artist are doing .

Really? Wtf did he do other than make music?
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? want a new age black hero so bad
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Little LaTasha sho' grown
    Tell the lady in the liquorstore that she's forgiven, so come home"

Textbook coonin by the ballerina

You didnt even understand the Rhyme.Pac is rhymming like he´s in heaven and the lady in the liquor store was selling liquor in the hood she´s forgiving to come into heaven and Little Latasha grew up and died and went to heaven and Pac is talking about how she changed.

Latasha Harlins was a 15 year-old Black girl who was shot and killed on March 16, 1991 by “the lady in the liquor store” Soon Ja Du (the owner).

Long story short, Du saw Harlins putting a bottle of orange juice in her backpack. Du concluded that Harlins was attempting to steal, evidently not seeing the money Harlins was holding. After words were exchanged and a few things were thrown at each other, Du shot her in the back and head after Harlins turned around to leave the store.

She would’ve been 26 had she been alive when this song was released, hence the “Little Latasha sho' grown” line.

Quit capin for that ? ....he's clearly saying he's forgiving that chank for killing lil latasha harlins...Jesus Christ
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

He also wanted to put rules in the hood to not sell drugs during the day while kids are playing so the kids would be safe ...

I rock with pac as much as the next man but no way in hell was pac gonna stop dealers from making money just cause he said so

i'm not saying it wouldve worked but its the thought that counts ,he really wanted to try to talk to the OG's to find a way to make things a little safer for the kids ,he had good intentions
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can yall hate a dead man tho.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    How can yall hate a dead man tho.

Easy. When ? try to make said dead man into MLK, Malcolm X, Gandhi, Socrates, Edison, Einstein, and Jesus rolled into one.

Lol ofcourse hes not those ppl but wat im sayin he did have right thoughts he didnt focus on them properly
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This fool made a 15 minute video with no facts. He must not have work today to speak wrongfully about the GOAT.

I never heard anything about Pac being a ? or selling out. I mean his mom was a ? Black Panther.
    He shot 2 ? off duty white cops for beating on a black man.

I'm not black but Pac was no ? . T/S posting this wasnt necessary.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    This guy is right. When I was 25 I knew that being a "thug" wouldn't change the conditions of the Black community...you'd just end up dead or in jail, which is what happened to 2Pac and Suge.

I knew that when I was 20 and when I was 15. I even knew that when I was 10.

The whole "thug life" persona never made any sense. He was acting like a gangsta because it sold records but he COULDN'T have honestly thought he was a positive role model for struggling youth.

In fact, I remember around that time OJ was on trial for murder. Both attorney's for the case were Black, OJ's lawyer was Johnny Cochran and the Prosecutor was Christopher Darden, both brown skinned. And Colin Powell was in the news because he was in the president's cabinet. And then you had Minister Farrakhan and the Million Man March. Those are the real role models for the Black community, compare their accomplishments to some guy with a bandana and THUG LIFE tattooed across his chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug78aVtkuVI

I agree with some of this, particular most of the last paragraph, although Chris Darden was a token, and I knew that before my first nut. But tupac's strategy never had a chance to play out. I think one nation would have had tangible results. Of course he couldn't get the dealers to stop dealing, but I bet some of that drug money would have went to more positive causes. Pac's following has never been seen before in hip hop, or after, he had the medium, and the charisma to make somethin shake.

The things he talked about in that phone call with Monster Kody and the letter he sent home from the joint showed that he was trying to put the pill in the peanut butter. He wasn't the greatest lyricist, but when he spoke, people listened, and that ain't no making heroes bigger after they died ? . When pac passed ? knew where they was when they found out, ? was sayin ? like "We gettin ? up tonight for pac my ? " I remember it like yesterday. He wouldn't have changed everything, but to say he wouldn't have made a change is close to ignorant.

In the early 2000s, when ? was startin to get away with all kinds of fuckery in hip hop, I remember people sayin things like "if pac was around he wouldn't have went for that" although it was largely dispelled that pac wasn't that damn powerful, the fact that that's who people thought was save hip hop because of his voice and his principles was pretty strange, but it spoke to the hole he left when he passed.

As a child in the ghetto i'd be more apt to connect with something that was familiar than unfamiliar. Nobody saw Colin Powell in anybody they was close to, but pac could have been any kid from the ghetto. I wasn't a pac fan, but you can't deny what he meant to the community. ? was one of a kind. You kinda got it ? up.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I wonder what he would if he saw two white cops beatin up a brother? Pac put his own life on the line to help his brother that he has no connection with. Was pac perfect nope but who is right. he showed us all sides of him thats what being real is . He spoke from his heart and wanted us black people to change and come together. I wish he realize how much we needed him b4 he threw his life away.

How much we needed him???
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I wonder what he would if he saw two white cops beatin up a brother? Pac put his own life on the line to help his brother that he has no connection with. Was pac perfect nope but who is right. he showed us all sides of him thats what being real is . He spoke from his heart and wanted us black people to change and come together. I wish he realize how much we needed him b4 he threw his life away.

How much we needed him???
    ^^^ right. My pop taught me all that
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aside from this thread.. i think many people even Pacs most ardent fans..got the whole THUG thing twisted..homie was 25 his reckless rebellion was but one part of him... but most fans and the people on the otherside.. made one part of a man his whole being..
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Little LaTasha sho' grown
    Tell the lady in the liquorstore that she's forgiven, so come home"

Textbook coonin by the ballerina

NIGGGA YOU'RE LIKE A DUMB SMART ? .PULL YOUR SELF OUTTA THIS EXISTENCE.
  • Ether44mag
    Options
    This guy is right. When I was 25 I knew that being a "thug" wouldn't change the conditions of the Black community...you'd just end up dead or in jail, which is what happened to 2Pac and Suge.

The whole "thug life" persona never made any sense. He was acting like a gangsta because it sold records but he COULDN'T have honestly thought he was a positive role model for struggling youth.

In fact, I remember around that time OJ was on trial for murder. Both attorney's for the case were Black, OJ's lawyer was Johnny Cochran and the Prosecutor was Christopher Darden, both brown skinned. And Colin Powell was in the news because he was in the president's cabinet. And then you had Minister Farrakhan and the Million Man March. Those are the real role models for the Black community, compare their accomplishments to some guy with a bandana and THUG LIFE tattooed across his chest.

smh...He died at 25 !!! thats young as hell !! but we saw flashes of what was to come...but I guess you didnt ,because you love whitey and think that an agressive black man who speaks his mind is negative ,you brainwashed but dont even know it ,those same stereotypes probably makes you look at africans in poor countries negatively or think lightskin is automatically more apealing than dark skin ,his moms was a black panther ,what did the black panthers do ? talk loud and carried guns ,white people call em a terrorist group ,were they ? nope ,get the message man some people have to be violent sometimes all violence is not negative he was just young and sometimes did negative stuff like jumpin that guy at the tyson fight to show his homies he was down even if he was a star because he was that type of guy ,loyal to a fault
  • RickyRich
    Options

smh...He died at 25 !!! thats young as hell !! but we saw flashes of what was to come...but I guess you didnt ,because you love whitey and think that an agressive black man who speaks his mind is negative ,you brainwashed but dont even know it ,those same stereotypes probably makes you look at africans in poor countries negatively or think lightskin is automatically more apealing than dark skin ,his moms was a black panther ,what did the black panthers do ? talk loud and carried guns ,white people call em a terrorist group ,were they ? nope ,get the message man some people have to be violent sometimes all violence is not negative he was just young and sometimes did negative stuff like jumpin that guy at the tyson fight to show his homies he was down even if he was a star because he was that type of guy ,loyal to a fault

Near the ending i felt he lost his way . He was 2 loyal to people that werent i his best interest and we all go through that. Im almost 25 and i aint even do as much as did lol .
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

25 isn't THAT young. In fact, he was only 2 years older than me. When I heard of his antics on TV or in The Source I couldn't understand it. He didn't make any sense. Minister Farrakhan made sense. The Million Man March made sense. Thug Life doesn't make any sense and you're a fool if you think it does.

I was 23 when Pac died. I'll admit he made good music but as a leader, he wasn't leading anybody anywhere but a cell or a grave.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

25 isn't THAT young. In fact, he was only 2 years older than me. When I heard of his antics on TV or in The Source I couldn't understand it. He didn't make any sense. Minister Farrakhan made sense. The Million Man March made sense. Thug Life doesn't make any sense and you're a fool if you think it does.

I was 23 when Pac died. I'll admit he made good music but as a leader, he wasn't leading anybody anywhere but a cell or a grave.

Maybe if you listened to
    Pac more you wouldn't have gotten Blinked in yo neighborhood b
  • ikesmood
    ikesmood Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac sold his soul to a ? named Suge. It all went down after me against theworld. All eyes on me was not him.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly did pac and/or accomplish outside of music?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly did pac and/or accomplish outside of music?

He made some movies but in all honesty, Will Smith was 10X more successful in terms of box office sales.

I remember comparing 2Pac vs Will Smith box office sales in a thread a few years ago. I think Independence Day outsold all of 2Pac's movies combined.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? said he made some movies
    So, ? ?
  • RickyRich
    edited November 2016
    Options
    These Tupac threads have got to stop.

Same as your icp threads ?
  • Ether44mag
    Options

at 25 malcolm X was still called Detroit Red ,he was a street Hustler ,chew on that ?