Willie Calhoun Retires From ATL McDonalds After Working There 59-Yrs!

Options
13»

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    McDonalds should hook him up for his loyalty and patience.

A house, car and maybe 5 million in the bank.

That ain't ? but $5 to them. Plus, the publicity would be good. ? it, make a burger after this man, cash in. Dude gets $1 per burger sold.

Perfect time to drop this video to your statement.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGknlEWjxZc
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    I left McDonalds in '03 after working two years. Today in 2016, I know about 10 people who are still there since I left. One was there 10 years before. So it ain't that uncommon to be there 20+ years. But 60? That dude was there when McDonalds first opened, lol.

some people arent educated bruh and they feel working at mcdonalds is the only legit job they can get at the moment

There are high school dropouts that ended up being successful entrepreneurs. He didn't have drive and hustle.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember MCD being my first "real" job, I learned everything in there in a year and was damn near the most productive ? in there...I'm working w/ hoodrats though, so i ask about getting a Promotion to Trainer, manager , SUM dammit.
    I'm just turning 19. I was young as hell and them hoes was hatin...so they was like "Nah, not yet..."
    I work there 6 more months doing errybody job better than them Humbly, and one of the hood rat managers promotes her friend who only been working there about 5 months. ? ain't flipped a burger, mopped a floor, Count Inventory, help bring ? off the truck, NUN. ? barely knew how make a damn sandwich.
    All that ? did was Drive thru. lol I was HOT brah...

I'm lettin errybody know they ain't ? and they can't ? w/ me by now lmao
    I set out to make her look like ? from that point forward. One day, the manager threatened to have some ? from Glenwood pull up and whoop me and my co-worker ass...we cussin that ? out by now.

I make 3 Extra sandwiches and i just start pitchin McChicken's at this ? for threatening me and i just walked out and quit before i threw her ass on the grill and let the Clamp down on the ?

Moral of the Story is.........McDonalds ain't ? brah.

You used to beat your BM, and that's why she left you huh?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, 59 years. On one hand i'm like, respect, on the other, i'm like yo, wtf.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember MCD being my first "real" job, I learned everything in there in a year and was damn near the most productive ? in there...I'm working w/ hoodrats though, so i ask about getting a Promotion to Trainer, manager , SUM dammit.
    I'm just turning 19. I was young as hell and them hoes was hatin...so they was like "Nah, not yet..."
    I work there 6 more months doing errybody job better than them Humbly, and one of the hood rat managers promotes her friend who only been working there about 5 months. ? ain't flipped a burger, mopped a floor, Count Inventory, help bring ? off the truck, NUN. ? barely knew how make a damn sandwich.

I set out to make her look like ? from that point forward. One day, the manager threatened to have some ? from Glenwood pull up and whoop me and my co-worker ass...we cussin that ? out by now.

I make 3 Extra sandwiches and i just start pitchin McChicken's at this ? for threatening me and i just walked out and quit before i threw her ass on the grill and let the Clamp down on the ? .

ir4sy720u9io.gif
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I make 3 Extra sandwiches and i just start pitchin McChicken's at this ? for threatening me and i just walked out and quit before i threw her ass on the grill and let the Clamp down on the ?

You used to beat your BM, and that's why she left you huh?

Aye, don't even spead such foolery like this sir...KYS sir
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn 59 years of smelling like cheeseburgers. congratulations i guess? I worked at McDonalds for about 4 hours before I walked out and left. I can't imagine 59 years. rip Mr Calhoun
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to be a brother with a ole school name like "Willie."

I was poking fun at him in my previous post to illustrate how the okie dok works.

We've gone through two major revolutions in this country, as it pertains to our labor force.

The industrial revolution, and presently, the "information revolution."

Both have jump-started a paradigm shift in the workplace. Machines like the cotton gin, sewing machine, and heavy duty equipment required workers who had the technical knowledge to operate them.

Ditto with the information revolution. It's no wonder that the top ten jobs in this country are STEM related. Computers do the work of 10 secretaries at half the cost.

The old axiom, "don't work harder, work smarter", applies in the case of this gentleman. He reminds me of Boxer in animal farm.

Strong, dedicated, but ignorant to the game being ran on him by 30-something managers who do less than half the work he does, and probably double his salary.

Simply put, "when you fail to adapt to a changing environment, your species ceases to exist."
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    If the brother was content who am I to say "well he shoulda did xyz." his life. *shrug*
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the brother was content who am I to say "well he shoulda did xyz." his life. *shrug*

so you would be content smelling like French fries for the rest of your life

@atribecalledgabi
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I make 3 Extra sandwiches and i just start pitchin McChicken's at this ? for threatening me and i just walked out and quit before i threw her ass on the grill and let the Clamp down on the ? .

Ha ha u was gonna mcgrill her face lol
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Success is what you determine it to be
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

so you would be content smelling like French fries for the rest of your life

@atribecalledgabi

You missed the "his life" part huh?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully he has somewhat of a nest egg and a 401K. He'll can get by on that with his social security..or he'll be coming outta retirement sooner than he thinks...

Ain't no shame in working for someone. We all do in some fashion. But 59 yrs with Mickey Ds tho? Sheesh...
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    McDonalds should hook him up for his loyalty and patience.

A house, car and maybe 5 million in the bank.

That ain't ? but $5 to them. Plus, the publicity would be good. ? it, make a burger after this man, cash in. Dude gets $1 per burger sold.

Perfect time to drop this video to your statement.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGknlEWjxZc

Hey Mr Nugget, you da domb! that ? is funny as hell.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to be a brother with a ole school name like "Willie."

I was poking fun at him in my previous post to illustrate how the okie dok works.

We've gone through two major revolutions in this country, as it pertains to our labor force.

The industrial revolution, and presently, the "information revolution."

Both have jump-started a paradigm shift in the workplace. Machines like the cotton gin, sewing machine, and heavy duty equipment required workers who had the technical knowledge to operate them.

Ditto with the information revolution. It's no wonder that the top ten jobs in this country are STEM related. Computers do the work of 10 secretaries at half the cost.

The old axiom, "don't work harder, work smarter", applies in the case of this gentleman. He reminds me of Boxer in animal farm.

Strong, dedicated, but ignorant to the game being ran on him by 30-something managers who do less than half the work he does, and probably double his salary.

Simply put, "when you fail to adapt to a changing environment, your species ceases to exist."

This ? here was jus waiting to type up some smart ?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to that mane. Was in high school when I worked at Mickey D's. Lasted for a year and a half, and spent the whole time back in that hot ass grill area. Couldn't een imagine doing that ? for 59 years.