You letting your young kids celebrate Halloween ?

Options
2»

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    hell yea let the kids have fun and besides these moms out there in they lil skimpy costumes also
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I'll let him or her enjoy Halloween. I will inspect all KitKat, Oreos and crunch bars though
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course, it's for the churren'
    Yeah my moms was ultra religious so at a certain age she cut us off from going trick or treating. ? is heartbreaking as a kid being able to go and then all of a sudden saying you can't go. I thought moms was wrong for that so I said I'd let my kids go till they thought they outgrew it
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ain't nobody celebratin ? , as far as I know, Halloween commemorates nothing. Let them babies wild out for that free candy. I've never known, or gave a ? why Halloween is a holiday, but I know all the trick or treat times in the city.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @ all the people with kids y'all should try this and post it here

https://youtu.be/RK-oQfFToVg
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Ain't nobody celebratin ? , as far as I know, Halloween commemorates nothing. Let them babies wild out for that free candy. I've never known, or gave a ? why Halloween is a holiday, but I know all the trick or treat times in the city.
    This

My youngest wanted to be Patty from GhostBusters, she so strange
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids don't care about that ? but the adults make it a big deal so kids get excited. Don't have kids but wouldn't be hyping this ? up but would let them do their thing. I am not with the decorating or celebrating. I just like eating holiday cooking and getting days off. Only celebrate mother's day.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    @ all the people with kids y'all should try this and post it here

https://youtu.be/RK-oQfFToVg

It's all fun & games until they wake up in the middle of the night and their kid(s) standing over them...wit a butcher knife

Kid(s): Trick or Treat mom and dad...*stabs multiple times*
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all y'all who hated
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Are y'all ignoring the effects of the conditioning that the continuous celebration of a tradition that promotes very little positive behavior has and will have on y'all kids?

No

Clearly you are
    Are y'all ignoring the effects of the conditioning that the continuous celebration of a tradition that promotes very little positive behavior has and will have on y'all kids?

cdaps54oke9b.gif

...foh wit all that bs cuz.

Let them kids enjoy themselves and have fun. Stop being one of those adults trying to ruin that for them.

I don't have kids but I will let them have fun in other ways.....just like the xmas and thanksgiving thread I give my bro candy when ever he asks, presents throughout the year, and we feast more than just holidays...don't be one of those adults programming your kids to go along with the program
    iron man1 wrote: »

Dressing up as their favorite characters, getting free candy, and walking with their mothers/fathers/aunts/cousins/uncles is bad how?

Also, no kids post but I'd let them enjoy it as I didn't really get too.

Not everybody's Halloween is that lol....talk to a young brother from Chicago and ask him what Halloween is lol, "the purge"...not everybody has family members available to walk with them around neighborhoods (when I was in middle school, it was myself and a group of friends terrorizing)

Not saying kids shouldn't enjoy themselves but is it bad to be aware of the effects these "rituals" can have on people...

How many people only celebrate their parents on mothers/Father's Day, anniversary, and birthday, as opposed to how many people celebrate their parents year around? I'm talking giving the same treatment on fathers/Mother's Day on a random regular day...your average/part of the program person doesn't celebrate all year round...
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Halloween is one of the best days for a kid growing up. Get tired of adults taking it away from kids over their own ? issues.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Halloween is one of the best days for a kid growing up. Get tired of adults taking it away from kids over their own ? issues.
    But thats your opinion......how can you say for children today, as an adult, that Halloween is one of the best days for a kid growing up...and don't parents have a right to raise their child how they see fit?

And like jeezus, you nig nogs were introduced to Halloween....But y'all got it.....wanna be black Greeks and black scotts....