Shaquille O’Neal Says “Showing Respect” Will Stop A Cop From Shooting You...

124»

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »

This world is growing, and nobody’s going anywhere. So you have to learn how to respect and tolerate each other. The ones who know how to respect and tolerate each other are the ones that live better and more peacefully.

And then you also have to have understanding. As an African-American male, I understand. I’ve been through it. As a police officer, I understand. I’ve been through it. I understand people. I listen. We’re not put on this Earth to change people’s minds—we just have to listen to them.

Being civil is cooning I guess.
    Being civil doesn't work for black ppl. Martin Luther king Jr was the most civil man ever and still got his wig pushed back. Tamir Rice was being civil when they shot & killed him. John Crawford etc..We are beyond holding hands at this point. Cops need to start going to prison
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Or yall could ? those cops?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    Shrugs

They say ? like this cause they can get away with it. ? don't respect they self. ? don't want more. Why should Shaq and Wayne and whoever else take a stand for you when you won't. Not even black people fault really. The conditioning and pain is too deep. It is what it is, the fight is over

Good point

People still watch inside the nba with shaq and barkley
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Gettin pulled over by the police as a black man in America is a dangerous situation no matter your demeanor. If you yield to an officer who is seeking to wrong you, you lose money, freedom, or both. If you challenge said officer in violating your rights you may lose more money, and more time or worse, your life.

The MO of any traffic stop is to get out of there alive, and with your freedom. They're scared to death of you and hate you as it is, that's a terrible combination. Do everything you can to keep them calm. You don't know how they'll react under the pressure of you being upset, If that means you keeping calm, and being respectful, you don't hurt your chances. But even those situations can go super left, super fast.

This
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gone even lie....

The majority of my police encounters have been coo and I think it was because the cop and myself were respectful.....

Even got out of a few tickets jut cuz a ? was just coo about the situation and not flipping out and getting emotional like a ? ....

But let y'all ? tell it y'all getting harassed and beat on by police everyday...

Never had a problem with the cops doing me wrong even when I was in the wrong. I thank ? for that. Not every black person is getting jammed up by the cops and being served Rodney king style or murked like Oscar Grant.

If it just so happens that I'm next, well it was my time. Off to go and meet Yeshua Ha Mashiach face to face and receive my reward. Amen.

But in the mean time in between time I will follow orders like I always have when they approach me and let the cards fall where they may. Amen.

But I refuse to live in fear, be angry at the system, harbor rage in my heart for my fellow man, or succumb to the hate that fills the heart of mankind who do not know the LORD Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love wins and if you don't agree so be it. I will love for the rest of my days for love is what covers a multitude of sins and thus will last forever! Amen.