Let Trump Win

Options
2»

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Hard to say if Biden would have won, he supposedly was against taking out Gaddafi but he also voted for the war in Iraq. I don't think he would have motivated voters much either, and he never polled well against Hillary.
    never polled well against Hillary likely for the same reason Trump did so well in the primary: such a split field

granted, i should make no political pronouncements in the wake of a Trump win. but it seems likely Biden would have had much less baggage than Clinton and been much more personally likeable. but who knows?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Trump is president elect don't matter cuz the rules don't change markets will always constantly rise and fall and if u don't have and understanding of the mechanics behind it u not bout to make no big wins!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stocks have been going up lately to those who care. Investors worldwide still seem to have faith in the American economy, for now. Let's see how long it lasts.

Its business as usual fam, always happens : shock, downwards followed by a recovery/market correction etc...? always goes in waves...gold is up but best believe it will go down again...

Incidental occurances - brexit, trump winning, the swiss franc unplugging itself from the euro 2 years ago - are interesting for day traders like yours truelly simply cause you can make the most money in the shortest period of time..

This election was a gamble though, couldnt really make a (proper) calculated risk as when the franc recovered or before the brits voted...my bro took the risk though and he s looking for a appartment in Rotterdam now lmao...

? maybe we should start a stockmarket thread specifically about these incidental occurances....

Yeah stocks have stabilized since the shock of Trump's win has cooled off. Trump seems big on fracking and coal, so energy companies and stocks probably will go up more next year. We'll see how long this lasts, with Trump, we still don't really know what we're going to get.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Hard to say if Biden would have won, he supposedly was against taking out Gaddafi but he also voted for the war in Iraq. I don't think he would have motivated voters much either, and he never polled well against Hillary.
    never polled well against Hillary likely for the same reason Trump did so well in the primary: such a split field

granted, i should make no political pronouncements in the wake of a Trump win. but it seems likely Biden would have had much less baggage than Clinton and been much more personally likeable. but who knows?

I have a feeling Trump would have beaten Biden too, he's a firm part of the establishment and Americans hate the establishment now. Biden's baggage is less then Hillary's but Trump is way more charismatic then Biden is.
  • janklow
    Options
    I have a feeling Trump would have beaten Biden too, he's a firm part of the establishment and Americans hate the establishment now. Biden's baggage is less then Hillary's but Trump is way more charismatic then Biden is.
    let's be honest: Trump is part of the establishment. he's not a career politician like Hillary, but you're not a billionaire* real estate developer without being part of the establishment.

not saying this to praise Biden. but he's about as close to blue collar as a senator can get and he's MUCH more likable.

*or whatever
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    let's be honest: Trump is part of the establishment. he's not a career politician like Hillary, but you're not a billionaire* real estate developer without being part of the establishment.

not saying this to praise Biden. but he's about as close to blue collar as a senator can get and he's MUCH more likable.

*or whatever

I know Trump more or less is part of the establishment, he's just bold enough to criticize them more intensely then most out there. He took down the Republican establishment and won, even though Jeb Bush had hundreds of millions in campaign money. So in some ways, he is an outsider, no one else had the ? to do what he did, not as recklessly at least.

As far as Biden, I never found him that likable, but he doesn't seem too bad a person. Trump has more charisma I think because I personally find Hillary more charismatic then Biden, and we all see how the nation views Hillary state by state.
  • janklow
    Options
    So in some ways, he is an outsider, no one else had the ? to do what he did, not as recklessly at least.
    still a billionaire who hobnobbed with the same establishment he took down. i take your point; i'm just perplexed by how people seem to act like he's a random dude off the street.
    As far as Biden, I never found him that likable, but he doesn't seem too bad a person. Trump has more charisma I think because I personally find Hillary more charismatic then Biden, and we all see how the nation views Hillary state by state.
    just talking in general. you or i might not be great fans of Clinton or W or Obama, but the fact is they're generally considered very likable politicians.