Prime D Wade vs. Prime T Mac: Who is better?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited November 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
McGrady's best year was probably 2002:

32.8 PPG, 6.5 Rebs, 5.5. Dimes, 1.7 Steals, .8 Blocks on 45.7% shooting.

Wades was 2008

30.2 PPG 5 Rebs, 7.5 Dimes, 2.2 Steals, 1.3 Blocks on 49.1% Shooting

Prime D Wade vs. Prime T Mac: Who is better? 31 votes

Prime Dwayne Wade
64%
wilberdmillzsobekdallas' 4 evaDOPEdweebzBDBIIDits....JOHN BShizlanskyTheBoyRothegreatunknownMR.CJGuy GardnerVader_F_KennedyBetatwentyfivelightersPiffyHazeCashmoneyDuxDR. JEKSuperSoakerericb4prezKnightrider 20 votes
Prime Tracy McGrady
35%
southsil4lilpimped_out_redthe ghostyung$NCswagNothingButTheTruthOlorun22THIRDSUPREMELUClENJonah 2.0MD_PROPER 11 votes

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    Smh can't even spell wades name right
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    v15jofkey40x.png

Man gtfoh with this
    No
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime D Wade made it past the first round
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    T mac was a loser
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Tracy McGrady
    Prime? T-Mac would be too much for Wade to handle. Too long, too tall, too athletic, too skilled.
    Who's greater/more decorated? Wade easy.
    Better player throughout their career? Wade clearly.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Tracy McGrady
    Wade is obviously the more accomplished player, has had a tremendous career and is a first ballot hall of famer.......But watching prime T-Mac was like watching a once in a generation type player and was one of the most gifted ball players Ive ever seen, as great as Wade is I never got that feeling watching him
  • southsil4lil
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Prime Tracy McGrady
    I dont think its an outlandish argument either way but imo during that time he was the best shooting guard in basketball depending on who you asked, you would also get Kobe, Iverson and Vince Carter....not to mention guys like Ray Allen and Ginobili. These guys are some of the best shooting guards ever.....who in Wades era could be considered an all time great shooting guard?

Only thing I would definitely say Wade was better at was defense,getting to the rim/free throw line, maybe a slightly better passer......TMac was the better shooter, rebounder and ball handler(T-Mac averaged 3 TO per game once, Wade averaged over 4 several times)...everything else is a matter of preference

Wade also played with Caron Butler and pre-? Lamar Odom his rookie year.....T-Mac played with trash majority of his career and definitely his prime Orlando years
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think its an outlandish argument either way but imo during that time he was the best shooting guard in basketball depending on who you asked, you would also get Kobe, Iverson and Vince Carter....not to mention guys like Ray Allen and Ginobili. These guys are some of the best shooting guards ever.....who in Wades era could be considered an all time great shooting guard?

Only thing I would definitely say Wade was better at was defense,getting to the rim/free throw line, maybe a slightly better passer......TMac was the better shooter, rebounder and ball handler(T-Mac averaged 3 TO per game once, Wade averaged over 4 several times)...everything else is a matter of preference

Wade also played with Caron Butler and pre-? Lamar Odom his rookie year.....T-Mac played with trash majority of his career and definitely his prime Orlando years

kobe bryant

He should be a better rebounder he is 4 inches taller than wade

Averaging less to's does not mean you're a better ball handler.It means you take care of the ball better.For example curry has a better handle than chris paul,but chris paul takes care of the ball much better and routinely has way less turnovers.I'm going off the eye test not turnover numbers wades handle is better than tmacs he was the primary playmaker for the heat for years cuz of it

You can't post reckless lies like this without backing it up Tmac efg% and ts% are lower than wades in their best seasons tmac never had a better % than wade ever, that's literally how they measure shooting.Wade has better per in their primes too and they're neck in neck in offensive ratings.So basically there's no case for tmac being better unless that's what you prefer personally(of course being a dickriding homer rocket fan that's why)

I agree tmac played with trash in orlando but even wit yao he did nothing :/ and when he did make the playoffs they were routinely gettin bounced in the 1st round duke was melo before melo
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    Prime Tracy McGrady
    Kobe Bryant is Mcgradys era

Still better

I said Wade is the better playmaker but the handles is definitely debatable and perfer T-Mac, I could post a video to refresh your memory of how good he was handling the ball but I know you wont watch it so I wont waste my time

So we can use the eye test for ballhandling but not shooting lol....you know damn well Wade used to live in the paint and freethrow line so of course his true shooting percentage amd efficiency is going to be higher. Wade didnt have a better jumper than T-Mac and damn sure didnt have the range

You dickride a perinnial loser squad like the Clippers and Chris Paul and they made it one round further with way more talent

I dont knock people for picking Wade, hes a top 5 SG and has had an illustrious career.....but I really do think because prime T-Mac was so long ago a lot of people truly dont remember the type of talent he was.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I use to argue wit cats about kobe vs tmac 13-14 years ago.I know his game

That being said you're done,off topic babbling about the clippers/chris paul in a tmac or wade debate lol nuff said

Lol @ a rockets fan talkin bout losers your wack ass team hasn't won jack since bone thugs n harmony debuted and have lost in the 1st round 3 out the last 4 years.Must be nice callin other teams pretenders

Cheap seats y'all
  • Beta
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    200.gif
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    Prime Tracy McGrady
    lol the way this ? talks you would think the Bulls just won the championship and not the Cubs, Michael Jordan isnt walking through that door just like Hakeem isnt

Shout out to the Bulls missing the playoffs last year though, nice little change up from getting sonned by Lebron every year
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Lebron has been to 6 finals in a row "the bulls getting sonned" retort is played.The whole east been gettin sonned by duke

I saw the bulls win championships in my life they can suck forever and I'll be good.You only seen the rockets be pretenders or mediocre trash your whole life.Pretenders presently,pretenders with tmac and yao,pretenders when mike was dominating.At least harden puts up great stats :/
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    You can have the last word your feelins derailed the thread.

Wade is better than tmac in his prime imo I made my points the rest of this is you being sensitive and going off topic.Nothin you will say is gonna change my opinion we can leave it at that
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Tracy McGrady
    This is a hard comparison because T-Mac's career had a bunch of injuries
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    LUClEN wrote: »
    This is a hard comparison because T-Mac's career had a bunch of injuries

Not comparing careers, we're comparing their prime years.
  • Beta
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    Tmac in his prime played with a hall of famer and couldnt get out the first round
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    Beta wrote: »
    Tmac in his prime played with a hall of famer and couldnt get out the first round

Smh
  • Beta
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade

Smh

I know I don't know how he got in neither
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Injuries ruined T Mac but if I could choose I'd take young pre injury T Mac over Wade.
  • Beta
    Options
    Prime Dwayne Wade
    R.D. wrote: »

? cosigned like this wasn't disingenuous

FACTS B