Dude with a butcher knife on OSU campus goes on stabbing spree and gets killed by cops.

Options
2»

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Uh oh......

Lol at one the suspects look like du

2agvloi.jpg

giphy1du_zpsxs8uye1b.gif

So it's a multicultural duo?
  • Max.
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Uh oh......

Lol at one the suspects look like du

2agvloi.jpg

giphy1du_zpsxs8uye1b.gif

So it's a multicultural duo?

Naw it ended up being a 19 yr old somali refugee
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    It was either muslim or white person cause they both can get crazy.

Muslim ain't a race.

I didn't say Muslim was a race @lefty either they were a European descent person or religiously muslim or they can be both.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why u change the title i was being serious, i loved that
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    ? he's somali. I have family in Ohio too, gonna ask some of them if they know anything about him. Probably not tho if he's a recent refugee. This is ? up all the way around. I know he cut people, but no one has died right?

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    saddest part about this: how disappointed various politicians and lobbyists were that this wasn't a shooting, since they IMMEDIATELY rolled out the generic "? GUNS" lines

looking at you, Shannon Watts
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stayed in the Dublin, OH for about a year. Pretty much a suburb of Columbus. Them Somali's rolled deep out there.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Eightball and MGK
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I see somebody get stabbed there's a 99.9% chance I'm not getting stabbed next.
  • Max.
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @zombie

49346296.cached.jpg

COLUMBUS—An attack at Ohio State University on Monday morning left at least 11 people injured—all of whom are expected to recover—after a Somali-born U.S. resident and OSU student struck them with his car and slashed them with a knife.
    The attack began at approximately 9:52 a.m., director of public service Monica Moll said at an afternoon press conference. Abdul Razak Ali Artan aimed his Honda Civic at a group of pedestrians, jumping the curb and colliding with them. He then exited the vehicle and began slashing pedestrians. By 9:53 a.m., less than a minute later, responding officer Alan Horujko had shot and killed Artan, who police say appears to have acted alone.
    University police sent text message alerts and tweeted about 10 a.m. for students to “run, hide, fight,” a common mantra printed on safety pamphlets for evading an active shooter.

Nicole Renninger was in a computer lab when she heard what at first she thought were construction noises and saw people running outside the window. Later, she figured they must have been gunshots, possibly from the police officer who shot and killed Artan. Renninger stayed in the room with one person after receiving alerts to take cover, hiding in a corner where they couldn’t be seen from the outside.
    “I spent most of the time texting” family and friends, Renninger said, letting them know she was safe, before the alerts were lifted at about 11 a.m. All classes were canceled for the day for the campus’s 60,000 enrolled students.
    “We’re one of the biggest campuses in the country. It’s not unreasonable to think something like this would happen,” said OSU student Dan Zubenko, who had just left a class nearby on north campus when he received the alert and locked himself in an office with about a half dozen other people, all of them checking the news and social media.

In an interview with the Ohio State student newspaper in August, Artan described himself as a pious and scared Muslim.
    “I wanted to pray in the open, but I was scared with everything going on in the media,” th
    e logistics management student told The Lantern after transferring from Columbus State Community College.
    “I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don’t know what they’re going to think, what’s going to happen. But, I don’t blame them. It’s the media that put that picture in their heads so they’re going to just have it and it, it’s going to make them feel uncomfortable. I was kind of scared right now. But I just did it. I relied on ? . I went over to the corner and just prayed.”
  • Max.
    Options
    Just before the attack on Monday morning, Artan posted to Facebook lamenting the treatment of Muslims worldwide. “I am sick and tired of seeing [Muslims] killed & tortured EVERYWHERE… I can’t take it anymore,” the posting read, according to ABC News. “America! Stop interfering with other countries… [if] you want us Muslims to stop carrying [out] lone wolf attacks.”
    NBC News reports Artan was born in Somalia and moved to Pakistan with his family in 2007. He came to the United States as a legal permanent resident in 2014.
    While there’s been no report that Artan pledged allegiance to ISIS, the OSU attack came just two days after the terrorist group put out a call for would-be jihadis in the West to carry out attacks there by using weapons that would not attract the attention of authorities, such as knives or homemade explosives.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    these folks are just making it hard for themselves and other non involved muslim , with this old ? heading into office.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Towel heads making ? hard for themselves
    #someoneknewhewasanutteranddidnothing