Is it possible to love more than one team?

skpjr78
skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
Is it possible to have more than one team. Is it a man law violation to have 2? Is it possible to have an nfc and an afc team? Are you still in violation if you designate one as a slight favorite over the other but still love both? Multiple fanhoods. Let's talk about it.

Is it possible to love more than one team? 12 votes

Nothing wrong with having 2 teams
41%
the ghostemaculateLogical TruthsKnowReasonForPeaceprime_time_willy 5 votes
Only ? cheat on their squad
58%
infamous114joeyfkncrakkCapitalBIbexChi-Town BullyBetaBeefer77 7 votes

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread pop up every year. You can have a side team or two that you like to watch, or a player for another team that you like to watch... but the minute you start up that "We" ? and talkin about that team more than your original team, you a ? ?
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Theres 32 teams in the league. Why not
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread pop up every year. You can have a side team or two that you like to watch, or a player for another team that you like to watch... but the minute you start up that "We" ? and talkin about that team more than your original team, you a ? ?

@Beta you see this, you're a ? ? according to inglewood
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont love that team. You like those teams. You are a casual fan. Nothing wrong with being a casual fan. My old teacher played for the Falcons and Bears(practice squad). He lowkey roots for them but he is a die hard Saints fan.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beta you see this, you're a ? ? according to inglewood

Look at this ? ?
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it wrong to have a favorite nfc and afc team? They very rarely play each other and even if your dream came true and they met in the super bowl you still favor one slightly over the other. Are you still a fan of both teams? Are you a true fan of either team?
  • Logical Truths
    Man ? retarted. Im from dc and support the redskins all day. When i 1st started watching football with my pops his squad was the colts. I ? with peyton, marvin, and edge and always supported the colts and the broncos in recent years.

Wtf is wrong with that. Another mans opinion??????? Lmao....... rules to society huh?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unlike when it comes to women..
    a man can only TRULY love one team..

u can like other teams.. players on other teams..
    but love!!? nah!?!

like i LOVE my Chiefs.. even when they aint ? im talkin my ? .. when a ? aint ? .. i drop her.. aint no down season! haha

i like Seattle.. i like them cause of Pete Carrol cause im a SC diehard and he brought us back to prominence.. so i root for him to be successful.. and Sherman is from the block.. played ball wit my brother and cousins..

but like 2yrs ago when we played them.. ? THEM! lol
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sports fan period. I watch the NFL, and to an extent NBA, regardless of who's playing.

My team has always been the Cowboys, but I rooted for Peyton when he was playing. He rarely played the Boys, so it was easy to see him do well. I love seeing the Raiders relevant now just like I did in the early 2000's. I got family from Cali who live and die with the Raiders, so I root for them to an extent. That said, I would never identify them as my team.

Peyton is probably my favorite player of the last 15 years, but I'll never wear his jersey. The only NFL jersey i'll ever wear is a Cowboy jersey. The only NBA jersey I'll ever wear is a Spurs jersey. Period.

The only thing I dont respect are people who jump on the bandwagon. If you werent a Cowboy fan last year when we were 4-12, don't pretend to be one now. If you grew up during the 90s and were a Cowboy fan, Bulls fan, Yankee fan (Lebron)...you're a sucka.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to have a favorite nfc and afc team? They very rarely play each other and even if your dream came true and they met in the super bowl you still favor one slightly over the other. Are you still a fan of both teams? Are you a true fan of either team?

this is what i think about
  • Logical Truths
    Im sports fan period. I watch the NFL, and to an extent NBA, regardless of who's playing.

My team has always been the Cowboys, but I rooted for Peyton when he was playing. He rarely played the Boys, so it was easy to see him do well. I love seeing the Raiders relevant now just like I did in the early 2000's. I got family from Cali who live and die with the Raiders, so I root for them to an extent. That said, I would never identify them as my team.

Peyton is probably my favorite player of the last 15 years, but I'll never wear his jersey. The only NFL jersey i'll ever wear is a Cowboy jersey. The only NBA jersey I'll ever wear is a Spurs jersey. Period.

The only thing I dont respect are people who jump on the bandwagon. If you werent a Cowboy fan last year when we were 4-12, don't pretend to be one now. If you grew up during the 90s and were a Cowboy fan, Bulls fan, Yankee fan (Lebron)...you're a sucka.

For me personally it dont got ? to do with bandwagon. Ima always ? with the skins, and Peyton my ? always. Im not about to watch the superbowl with Peyton Manning in it but be scared to root for him while the skins aint make the playoffs cuz someone else got a problem with it. Call it what u want. ? every other team, but i can support my hometown and the team/player that influenced me the most when i started watching football serious every sunday. Id feel funnier letting someone stop me from doing so.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Giants...Don't have no love/like for any other team...I can watch othrr teams games because I'm an overall fan of the game, but I'm a DIE HARD Giants fan and don't give a ? about another team...I like individual players on other squads though.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose teams to root for when I was younger and I could never see myself rooting for another team but I'm not even into them anymore. I don't really enjoy football anymore, I watch playoffs. I'm more of a overall basketball fan now and follow players I like more than a team specifically
  • Beta
    So you not really a blazers fan? :o
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with two teams as long as they're not in the same division. I knew a ? 6 years ago that was rooting for the ravens and the steelers smmfh.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saints all day. I own no other team gear.

But I like to watch the Steelers play too.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People really struggle and find themselves conflicted trying to comprehend this lol
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ? had the audacity to tell me I should be cheering for the cubs but now they saying it's ? made to do so
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I can't get with the two teams ? . Either I got a squad or am just an observer with a slight bias towards certain players
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    So you not really a blazers fan? :o

Just ain't that deep to me these days
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pick a team and ride it out

when they win...celebrate

when they lose...own it
  • Beta