Greatest Southern Producer ever

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Organized Noize
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Ppl saying Dre this and that, not taking nothing away from Dre, but let's look at the overall thing, Dre produced "The Chronic, ? and 2001 along with other "singles" from other ppl projects, but how many sample clearings did he have to get? Those albums did what they did in their "time" Like I stated, where I from and most of the ? in the Southern part of the world would reach for a 400 degrees before they reach for a ? record to ride around town listening to IMO.

Plus the fact that Dre produces what every 3 to 4 years? Dude sits on time. Fresh stayed producing whole albums, not just the 3 that folks are naming (The Chronic, ? , and 2001)
    Fresh produced by himself

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Get it How you Live (solid)
    It's all on you Vol 1 & 2 (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Chopper City in the Ghetto (solid)
    Big Tymers How you love that (solid)
    Big Tymers Big Money Heavy Weight (ok)
    Big Tymers I got that Work (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Birdman (first two albums) (ok)
    Lil Wayne - Lights Out (solid)
    Lil Wayne - Carter 1 (solid)
    Lil Wayne - (2nd album) (ok)
    Lil Wayne - 500 degrees (no)
    Turk - Young & Thugging (no)
    Mack 10

And not to name the albums of UNLV, ? Daddy and other projects

And you mean to tell me "more beats is your argument" instead of saying "more better tracks"
    Dre production aint seeing Mannie Fresh production from those albums I've listed.
    Outta all those albums listed, Fresh sampled only one time which again was "Way of Life"
    Dayum near every album I listed, if you was to ask folks who follow CMR or listen to Fresh production would say they are solid albums.

If you would have listened to just those albums listed and not the radio singles, 98% of those albums ? today still bump on a regular down here and 98% of those albums would be grabbed first to be played before grabbing "The Chronic and Doggstyle.

My ? no disrespect but your biased to your hometown hero. Mannie is talented but he's not a GOAT producer he's a good producer with some good to classic hits under his belt.

Mannie is like Swizz Beats imo there they're part of classic songs not so much for their production but for the lyrics the artist that was on the songs made classic.

Aight bruh lets not go too far.

I don't get the Swizz hate. It's not like people are saying he's one of the best ever, in fact I don't think I've ever heard somebody say that. He is a solid producer tho.

And if you was ? wit any Ruff Ryder ? in the late 90's/ early 2000's he was producing a lot of that ? .
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannie Fresh
    Swizz sucked bruh lol....he had some nice upbeat club ? for that era but I never considered him a great

however he has undoubtedly won this game we call life....? some beats

article-2419191-1BC0C1D2000005DC-536_634x836.jpg
  • Revolver Ocelot
    edited December 2016
    Organized Noize
    Ppl saying Dre this and that, not taking nothing away from Dre, but let's look at the overall thing, Dre produced "The Chronic, ? and 2001 along with other "singles" from other ppl projects, but how many sample clearings did he have to get? Those albums did what they did in their "time" Like I stated, where I from and most of the ? in the Southern part of the world would reach for a 400 degrees before they reach for a ? record to ride around town listening to IMO.

Plus the fact that Dre produces what every 3 to 4 years? Dude sits on time. Fresh stayed producing whole albums, not just the 3 that folks are naming (The Chronic, ? , and 2001)

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

And you mean to tell me "more beats is your argument" instead of saying "more better tracks"
    Dre production aint seeing Mannie Fresh production from those albums I've listed.
    Outta all those albums listed, Fresh sampled only one time which again was "Way of Life"
    Dayum near every album I listed, if you was to ask folks who follow CMR or listen to Fresh production would say they are solid albums.

If you would have listened to just those albums listed and not the radio singles, 98% of those albums ? today still bump on a regular down here and 98% of those albums would be grabbed first to be played before grabbing "The Chronic and Doggstyle.

Lol @ this ? trying to ? on Dre when the most recent album on that list from Mannie was 2004.

3/4 years>>>>>>>>>>12 and counting
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannie Fresh

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

Lol @ this ? trying to ? on Dre when the most recent album on that list from Mannie was 2004.

My ? , Like how the fact you skipped over the work listed to point out Mannie last "full" he worked on track for track was 2004, Ok got it...

Dre never produced that amount of production...
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Organized Noize

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

My ? , Like how the fact you skipped over the work listed to point out Mannie last "full" he worked on track for track was 2004, Ok got it...

Quality>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quantity
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannie Fresh
    ? chilla for this ? going 9 pages
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannie Fresh
    no cain...just no

i agree with you on all your other points tho lol
  • Knock_Twice
    Mannie Fresh

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

My ? , everything I've posted in the other thread is Quality, so what does that statement even mean?

You can't even post 5-10 bad tracks from Mannie and in your case he's produced a large amount of Quantity, clearly you should be able to find 5-10 horrible or pissy tracks from dude...go head...
  • Knock_Twice
    Mannie Fresh

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

My ? no disrespect but your biased to your hometown hero. Mannie is talented but he's not a GOAT producer he's a good producer with some good to classic hits under his belt.

Mannie is like Swizz Beats imo there they're part of classic songs not so much for their production but for the lyrics the artist that was on the songs made classic.

It's the truth bruh ? are biased especially southern nignogs. I'm from the South but I listen to everything and Mannie and Swizz are basically the same cats

Folk, KLC, from the city and he's produced x amount of heat. You even put dude over Mannie, so we can ? that bias talk right there, if that was the case, I'll be up'n KL the same way as I am Mannie.

• Revolver Ocelot
    Organized Noize

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

My ? , everything I've posted in the other thread is Quality, so what does that statement even mean?

You can't even post 5-10 bad tracks from Mannie and in your case he's produced a large amount of Quantity, clearly you should be able to find 5-10 horrible or pissy tracks from dude...go head...

TO YOU , my ? .

For the record I think Mannie is dope AF. It's just I think there are better producers than him.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

It's the truth bruh ? are biased especially southern nignogs. I'm from the South but I listen to everything and Mannie and Swizz are basically the same cats

If anything, @Cain Swizz wit that damn keyboard is the east coast DJ mustard. I don't think fresh is a top 3 producer or nothin, but I can't let you disrespect the guy like that.
  • Knock_Twice
    Mannie Fresh

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Mack 10

TO YOU , my ? .

For the record I think Mannie is dope AF. It's just I think there are better producers than him.

Just like Dre or tracks are Quality TO YOU my ?

Dre dope and do his thing, but I'm still putting Mannie up there and I don't think there are any rap producers that are better than him or has a better collective body of work than he has.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannie Fresh
    Naw, Swizz is trash. Comparing Mannie to Swizz is a damn insult. Swizz beats sound like he just throwing sounds together to see what will click.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kzzl wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Virginia is definitely considered the South

Heeeeeeeell, no. Since the ? when? Said who?

Y'all ? need to stop.

Since forever.... As well as West Virginia (which originally was VA also).... Really any state below the Mason-Dixon is considered the South, but I'm pretty sure u knew all this.

I know people from D.C., NY, etc. might have nikkas in VA feelin' like they from up top/East Coast, but nah... they still from one of the original colonies they used to hang ? @ (que Pusha T) .

Check the census bureau's and majority of people know/feel it is too.

• HafBayked
    Mannie Fresh
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Naw, Swizz is trash. Comparing Mannie to Swizz is a damn insult. Swizz beats sound like he just throwing sounds together to see what will click.

kmsl

ay gimmie that water bottle right there.....and some car keys!

0848d0c2fd65cb6a7f08629344c7064b.gif

whoooo!!!

jay-z-3.w529.h352.gif

? is crazy jay!

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Organized Noize
    MallyG wrote: »

Y'all ? need to stop.

Since forever.... As well as West Virginia (which originally was VA also).... Really any state below the Mason-Dixon is considered the South, but I'm pretty sure u knew all this.

I know people from D.C., NY, etc. might have nikkas in VA feelin' like they from up top/East Coast, but nah... they still from one of the original colonies they used to hang ? @ (que Pusha T) .

I dnt know why ? be lost on this ? everytime it come up :joy: NOVA ain't ? like SVA I think that's why cats be confused but yea. US History teachers failed big time but that ain't nothin new either.
  • HafBayked
    Mannie Fresh
    Stew wrote: »

Y'all ? need to stop.

I dnt know why ? be lost on this ? everytime it come up :joy: NOVA ain't ? like SVA I think that's why cats be confused but yea. US History teachers failed big time but that ain't nothin new either.

i havent personally seen anybody from up there claiming either or, and I never been there....its mostly people from down here on the 3rd coast that feel that ? aint the south....I know its a long ass way from here and thats what people are looking at....? is different in North LA then south LA so I know ? different four or five states to the northeast....music wise I dont get a southern country vibe from the timbo's/missys/pusha/malice/cb/etc....you KNOW when somebody is from the south coast

all opinion tho

kinda like ? and his whole time zone thing with Atlanta....? said ATL aint the south and ya'll let him live lmao, so be easy
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Organized Noize
    HafBayked wrote: »

Y'all ? need to stop.

i havent personally seen anybody from up there claiming either or, and I never been there....its mostly people from down here on the 3rd coast that feel that ? aint the south....I know its a long ass way from here and thats what people are looking at....? is different in North LA then south LA so I know ? different four or five states to the northeast....music wise I dont get a southern country vibe from the timbo's/missys/pusha/malice/cb/etc....you KNOW when somebody is from the south coast

all opinion tho

kinda like ? and his whole time zone thing with Atlanta....? said ATL aint the south and ya'll let him live lmao, so be easy

Basically MD/DC/VA now is the Mid-Atlantic that's why nobody ever "claims" it, thru time they slowly gotten away from the "southern" cultutre, although both VA/MD have parts that are southern as ? , my pops side of Fam in MD live and have lived there forever in one of those areas. Southern MD is night and day from DC/Baltimore.
  • HafBayked
    Mannie Fresh
    so like i was saying in the beginning....them ? dont really belong nowhere and are just being pushed off on the south lmao....ya'll cold as hell up east mane ya'll can let your neighbors in
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Organized Noize
    O.N.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HafBayked wrote: »

Y'all ? need to stop.

all opinion tho

? also came right back around in the same interview and said "I know Atlanta is the South"... He was jus upset/frustrated w/ a couple rappers from here, mainly Jezzy.

• AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannie Fresh
    Lmao I didn't agree with the ? on that ATL ? but I did feel what he was saying tho. East of GA, it's just a diff way of life, the music sound diff, etc. Growing up in the Sipp and having all my fam in NC, I saw it. Atlanta country as ? tho lol. Some spots in the city have me feeling like I'm in a larger Jackson.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Yo I change my vote to Southside

I didn't know how lit he was