Record Labels: One Of Em's Gotta Go - Death Row, Bad Boy, No Limit, Rocafella

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    smp4life wrote: »
    Content-wise if you lose the Roc what do you lose? Jay Z, Beans, Memphis Bleek & Young guns. No limit got a lot of material, plus they paved the way for the indies to bust onto the scene.

You also losing the ? they found or inspired like Ye, Cole and Wayne and the ? they inspired like Drake and Kendrick etc.

yenp77s67q65.jpg
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    smp4life wrote: »
    Content-wise if you lose the Roc what do you lose? Jay Z, Beans, Memphis Bleek & Young guns. No limit got a lot of material, plus they paved the way for the indies to bust onto the scene.

The top 3 artists on The Roc were Jay, Cam/Dipset and Kanye.

Jay, Cam/Dipset and Kanye >>> anybody on No Limit
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    Bad Boy easily
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    If not for Master P and No Limit where do ya'll think Snoop Dogg's career would have gone?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    No Limit
    P. Town wrote: »
    If not for Master P and No Limit where do ya'll think Snoop Dogg's career would have gone?

Back to his Doctor.
  • P. Town
    Bad Boy
    Stew wrote: »

Back to his Doctor.

If it was that easy why did it take Master P to rescue Snoop from Death Row and not Dre?
  • Stew
    edited December 2016
    No Limit

Back to his Doctor.

If it was that easy why did it take Master P to rescue Snoop from Death Row and not Dre?

I aint talkin about politics, It was that easy cause If I remember correctly his doctor was all over his No Limit releases(which is what really brought him back to life) cause The Last Meal is the only No Limit album I own :joy: It damn sure wasnt filled with No Limit beats/rhymes, thats for sure.
  • P. Town
    Bad Boy

Back to his Doctor.

I aint talkin about politics, It was that easy cause If I remember correctly his doctor was all over his No Limit releases(which is what really brought him back to life) cause The Last Meal is the only No Limit album I own :joy: It damn sure wasnt filled with No Limit beats/rhymes, thats for sure.

Yet his highest selling No Limit release is the one filled with No Limit beats and rhymes..hmm
  • Stew
    No Limit

Back to his Doctor.

Yet his highest selling No Limit release is the one filled with No Limit beats and rhymes..hmm

Yea cause that didnt have anything to do with it being the first time the public has heard of Snoop since he left Death Row or the internet quite hitting the world yet :joy: I recall u being old enough, do u remember that one time that people would just buy your album off your name alone cause I do cause I was one of them.
  • P. Town
    Bad Boy

Back to his Doctor.

Yea cause that didnt have anything to do with it being the first time the public has heard of Snoop since he left Death Row or the internet quite hitting the world yet :joy: I recall u being old enough, do u remember that one time that people would just buy your album off your name alone cause I do cause I was one of them.

So Snoop gettin back with Dre for the next 2 albums wouldn't get an even bigger response? Come on dude.
  • Stew
    edited December 2016
    No Limit

Back to his Doctor.

So Snoop gettin back with Dre for the next 2 albums wouldn't get an even bigger response? Come on dude.

Not under a No Limit project and U act like the 1st album was THAT much bigger than the next 2 lol cause it wasnt at all and the fact that Napster hit when the 2nd dropped....yea. All 3 won in the end, I'm out.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    Death row easily.Besides the chronic and 7 day theory anything they dropped was utter trash

?
    Above the rim soundtrack
    All Eyez On Me

The thing about all these albums is that they are considered classics!

These others got "great" albums

Rocafella has arguably 3 classics
    Bad boy has one or two. And I'm not familiar enough with no limits albums.

But Deathrow got a couple albums in the rolling Stones top 50 of all time

dont forget Dogg Food..

and Doggfather aged pretty gracefully if u ask me..
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    AP21 wrote: »
    color me shocked nigs wanna eliminate No Limit

but according to the IC, if i defend my position, im catering to lames

so i'ma just say Death Row, primarily for the reasons Tommy posted, and dip out

but Tommy's an idiot..
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    Not really debatable imo
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    Which company sold the most records?
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Death Row
    "And ? Suge Knight and thats on my life , the ? a bigger ? then his wife
    Snoop Doog

? Deathrow
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    Death Row, Bad Boy, And Rocafella all got at least one album that's considered a classic by the masses.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    @ anybody saying anything other than No Limit , KYS.

and TS kys for being unoriginal af. How long yall ? gon do this "One Gotta Go" ? ?
  • slickrik2002
    slickrik2002 Members Posts: 84
    No Limit
    Anybody sayin Death Row is probably younger than 25. I think their first 9 albums released were platinum....I don't think any rap label or perhaps even ANY music label has been that successful out of the gates like that.
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bad Boy
    I voted bad boy but if they're gone then that means i gotta find a whole bunch of new weed plates
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death Row
    No limit had a greater impact in rap period

Puff has more albums than artists he's put out. All his artists eventually said the money was funny

Same with the other ones.

Nobody said that about P.

But again, this is why i asked what the criteria was b/c if ya'll basing it solely off music, I can see why some of ya'll listed No Limit, but cultural impact? No Limit paved the way and showed cats how to get money
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death Row
    Death Row for sure...
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    I see what's goin on, this must be the who can say the most ridiculous ? thread. I got one, Blinky Blink is the greatest rapper to ever pick up the mic

f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop07.gif