Record Labels: One Of Em's Gotta Go - Death Row, Bad Boy, No Limit, Rocafella

1235»

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    https://youtu.be/kgvMpm9z0TI

This sound like this dropped in 1989 may as well had oaktowns 357 and mc lyte drop a verse

tutu let big sike body him on the song aeom smdh

It was good enough for Master P that he tried to ? his style. *kanyeshrug*

Master P was a tutu groupie it is what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqva2SMdt4

no limit sounds dated!! expose yourselves more

I'm bodying this thread wit facts got these geeks lookin like this after reading my posts

2h4fdeb.gif

741131.gif
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death Row
    Death row can go
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    but who tryin to go song for song tho??
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    Nah G, I already fried manny fresh in the other thread. They don't want no problems.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    Deathrow created hip hop and music history. They made timeless music. And they moved as a unit in ways no one has seen or replicated since. They also showed the world how to be a producer. It was also home to the most influential artists worldwide.

NL showed the world how to brand yourself and run a business.

BB comercialized the game with the shiny suits, disco samples, dancing and lip gloss.

Initially, Roc blew up because the east coast needed to fill that B.I.G. void. But they built an empire by creating their own everything! Can't knock their hustle.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    Deathrow created hip hop and music history. They made timeless music. And they moved as a unit in ways no one has seen or replicated since. They also showed the world how to be a producer. It was also home to the most influential artists worldwide.

BB comercialized the game with the shiny suits, disco samples, dancing and lip gloss.

Initially, Roc blew up because the east coast needed to fill that B.I.G. void. But they built an empire by creating their own everything! Can't knock their hustle.

How you think No Limit blew?
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bad Boy
    AP21 wrote: »
    color me shocked nigs wanna eliminate No Limit

but according to the IC, if i defend my position, im catering to lames

so i'ma just say Death Row, primarily for the reasons Tommy posted, and dip
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    Lefty_ wrote: »

How you think No Limit blew?

P was a marketing and business machine. Everything was a brand and everything was independent.

They blew up by making everything independent and by having a new product for sale every other week.
  • DR. JEK
    Bad Boy
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    This ? Tommy really think he speakin facts. Tha Last Don is a Muhammad Tupac album. Thaz ya mans tho.

You would think Tupac murdered his mama or some ?
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2016
    Bad Boy
    Anyway I say Badboy gotta go. Puff has basically ? over every artist he's had. The one guy people said he didn't ? over financially, (B.I.G) I believe he had him killed. Death Row and Pac called these guys out and from a rap prospective they had the best rapper on earth in Biggie and still took the high road when they didn't have to and got destroyed by Pac and the Outlaws seemingly every other week. Disgraceful!
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    Outside of BIG and that Puff No Way Out album Bad Boy is weak.... This is easy
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bad Boy
    Besides Biggie, these ? wasnt ? but some commercial ass pop rappers. The Lox broke their necks to get off this bermuda triangle ass label.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    P had the game on lock with no big names. Had his great aunties, cousins by marriage going Gold and ? .
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Bad Boy aint ? . The weakest roster, producers and rappers out of all 4 labels Dont even embarrass yall ? to the point where you going to defend a label that had signed UNFORGATTABLE platnium star power like B5, MARK CURRY and DA BAND. foh. The weakest and scariest ? out of all 4 labels. Weakest rap chains and logo too. What kind of ? ? take pride in wearing a naked baby around their neck? oh yeah Didnt one of the rappers talk about knowing a ? that does horrible ? around bridges to innocent youth. Bad boy got more homos than you can count.

Bad boy artists are just as ? off as Death Row artists.

Biggie-dead because his best friend sent him to enemy lines to promote album to make him more money
    mase-trannie lover
    LOX-Switched to ruff ryders in 98 the only success story out of the label so ? sad
    Black rob-sick
    G-Dep-murderer in prison
    Mack-Cult status
    Shyne-Biggie soundalike, got shafted by his boss and sent to prison for 10 years then deported
    Faith-Dope fiend/? her wife mortal enemy
    112-started off cool but played themselves with Thug-N-B persona
    Total-Got screwed over
    B5-Poor guys, overworked and underdeveloped. they always had the look of "wtf did we sign in our contracts"
    Mark Curry-
    Da Band-willingly played themselves on national TV
    Yung Joc-southern artist used and played by puff at boom of trap era in 2005-06.
    Boyz N The Hood-See Above

Dre and Snoop are more popular than they were in the death row era. Daz is alive and starting to recover his money owed. Kurupt is alive. You still have a strong amount of people that think Pac is alive. Suge is behind bars because the game caught up to him but dont act like he didnt put the fear of ? into bad boy. West Coast hip hop is still relevant and distingushable. New York hip hop is dead and sounds/looks like from atlanta

Dont even compare Bad Boy to no limit. 2 different type of operations. P out hustled and outsmarted Puffy. Maximized his profits bigger and faster than bad boy. P built up an empire from the ground up, released over 60 albums, made half a billion and changed business aspect of rap in the time period it took mase/puff to go from harlem world/No way out and drop double up/forever. That ciroc and revolt ? got him finally catching up to what master p was worth when bad boy was at its hottest. yall need to stop playing dumb about P money. He had gold floors and wall before trump

We actually talking albums and impact not there personal lives... PAC is dead, kurupt is damn near a ? head.rage is jobless,Danny boy is ? , suge is never coming outta jail, Daz is snap chatting more than he's doing music.Dre is Aftermath,every label have their own mark currys da band and B5.

Tell me any thing good going on with them rappers from No limit??? I will wait
    Ps money is highly exaggerated.Diddy got way more money than him
    Gold floors can be financed and Gold floors doesn't actually mean you are worth half a Billi.

My point is you said so many bad things about bad boy but you forget I can equally list out their accomplishments too but I don't have to they speak for themselves.
    In my opinion which I can back up with facts,musically, if we talking records,impact and r spect bad boy ? on No limit

• SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    Puffy is poison. Enough said.
  • DR. JEK
    Bad Boy
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Bad Boy aint ? . The weakest roster, producers and rappers out of all 4 labels Dont even embarrass yall ? to the point where you going to defend a label that had signed UNFORGATTABLE platnium star power like B5, MARK CURRY and DA BAND. foh. The weakest and scariest ? out of all 4 labels. Weakest rap chains and logo too. What kind of ? ? take pride in wearing a naked baby around their neck? oh yeah Didnt one of the rappers talk about knowing a ? that does horrible ? around bridges to innocent youth. Bad boy got more homos than you can count.

Bad boy artists are just as ? off as Death Row artists.

Biggie-dead because his best friend sent him to enemy lines to promote album to make him more money
    mase-trannie lover
    LOX-Switched to ruff ryders in 98 the only success story out of the label so ? sad
    Black rob-sick
    G-Dep-murderer in prison
    Mack-Cult status
    Shyne-Biggie soundalike, got shafted by his boss and sent to prison for 10 years then deported
    Faith-Dope fiend/? her wife mortal enemy
    112-started off cool but played themselves with Thug-N-B persona
    Total-Got screwed over
    B5-Poor guys, overworked and underdeveloped. they always had the look of "wtf did we sign in our contracts"
    Mark Curry-
    Da Band-willingly played themselves on national TV
    Yung Joc-southern artist used and played by puff at boom of trap era in 2005-06.
    Boyz N The Hood-See Above

Dre and Snoop are more popular than they were in the death row era. Daz is alive and starting to recover his money owed. Kurupt is alive. You still have a strong amount of people that think Pac is alive. Suge is behind bars because the game caught up to him but dont act like he didnt put the fear of ? into bad boy. West Coast hip hop is still relevant and distingushable. New York hip hop is dead and sounds/looks like from atlanta

Dont even compare Bad Boy to no limit. 2 different type of operations. P out hustled and outsmarted Puffy. Maximized his profits bigger and faster than bad boy. P built up an empire from the ground up, released over 60 albums, made half a billion and changed business aspect of rap in the time period it took mase/puff to go from harlem world/No way out and drop double up/forever. That ciroc and revolt ? got him finally catching up to what master p was worth when bad boy was at its hottest. yall need to stop playing dumb about P money. He had gold floors and wall before trump

We actually talking albums and impact not there personal lives... PAC is dead, kurupt is damn near a ? head.rage is jobless,Danny boy is ? , suge is never coming outta jail, Daz is snap chatting more than he's doing music.Dre is Aftermath,every label have their own mark currys da band and B5.

Tell me any thing good going on with them rappers from No limit??? I will wait
    Ps money is highly exaggerated.Diddy got way more money than him
    Gold floors can be financed and Gold floors doesn't actually mean you are worth half a Billi.

My point is you said so many bad things about bad boy but you forget I can equally list out their accomplishments too but I don't have to they speak for themselves.
    In my opinion which I can back up with facts,musically, if we talking records,impact and r spect bad boy ? on No limit

Badboy has been irrelevant for just about as long as Death Row and No Limit. Naming off their accomplishments does nothing because they stopped accomplishing around similar time as both them other labels stopped.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy
    mrrealone wrote: »
    Bad Boy.

Outside of BIG I really ain't listen to anything else.....

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Limit
    lmao @ the no limit fans using the most random ? to defend a label with 48 misses for every decent album they had.