The Mummy (2017) - Tom Cruise, Russell Crowe & Sofia Botella.

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Uh..then who's the freak going wild at the end of the trailer then?

Ever watch any of Universal's previous Mummy movies? Boris Karloff and Arnold Vosloo didn't have to be wrapped in bandages the whole time to play convincing mummies.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    She is Algerian ,so you can stop your fake keyboard black militant hotep whining

204566_7.jpg

Niiiiigggggga wwwwweeeee saaaaaaiiiiidddddd BBBBBBLACCCCCCKKKKKK.Gotdamn it.? is good though because it scares the crackers away.

she is probably more Black that most african americans...

how does it scare white people away when Tom Cruise is the main protagonist and Russell Crowe is in it.

She is more likely a Berber/Amazigh and they mixed with a lot of Iberian women.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Ever watch any of Universal's previous Mummy movies? Boris Karloff and Arnold Vosloo didn't have to be wrapped in bandages the whole time to play convincing mummies.

Didn't see no parts of her looking all decayed like Arnold did though
  • Broddie
    Options

Cause they combined Imothep (Karloff's mummy who posed as a present day Egyptian) with Kharis (Lon Chaney Jr.'s mummy who was decayed and bandaged) for that remake. Not because it was a rule of thumb.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Cause they combined Imothep (Karloff's mummy who posed as a present day Egyptian) with Kharis (Lon Chaney Jr.'s mummy who was decayed and bandaged) for that remake. Not because it was a rule of thumb.

I see
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sold on this.

Looks painfully average.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still wondering who will play Dracula in these movies. I'd like to see Idris. Just make Vlad a moor who migrated to Transylvania. Or make him Van Helsing or The Wolfman (even if I'd prefer a BDT reprise).

Dracula should stay white. Being an native Trasylvanian is too ingrained in his story. He wasn't just a Transylvanian citizen. He was the king.

The Wolfman can work since the Wolfman is really just a generic werewolf. Talbot was the name given, but there is nothing about the character that necessitates he be one race over another.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Still wondering who will play Dracula in these movies. I'd like to see Idris. Just make Vlad a moor who migrated to Transylvania. Or make him Van Helsing or The Wolfman (even if I'd prefer a BDT reprise).

Dracula should stay white. Being an native Trasylvanian is too ingrained in his story. He wasn't just a Transylvanian citizen. He was the king.

The Wolfman can work since the Wolfman is really just a generic werewolf. Talbot was the name given, but there is nothing about the character that necessitates he be one race over another.

I just read that the original Universal Monster movies will be considered canon with these upcoming ones.

So Bardem's Frankenstein monster will be the same one Karloff and Lugosi played with the flattop and screw bolts in the neck. That means this will be the Dracula Lugosi and John Carradine played. So in that case I rather see Mads Milkenssen.

Would still like to see Benicio Del Toro return as Talbot. He looks a lot like Chaney. If Ryan Reynolds could play 2 different versions of Deadpool then why not?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I just read that the original Universal Monster movies will be considered canon with these upcoming ones.

So Bardem's Frankenstein monster will be the same one Karloff and Lugosi played with the flattop and screw bolts in the neck. That means this will be the Dracula Lugosi and John Carradine played. So in that case I rather see Mads Milkenssen.

Would still like to see Benicio Del Toro return as Talbot. He looks a lot like Chaney. If Ryan Reynolds could play 2 different versions of Deadpool then why not?

I think I was one of the few people that really liked the modern Wolfman movie and Del Toro was great in it.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

I think I was one of the few people that really liked the modern Wolfman movie and Del Toro was great in it.

He died in the end though, but I guess they could just ignore that part.
  • Broddie
    Options

He died in the end though, but I guess they could just ignore that part.

Lon Chaney Jr. dies at the end of The Wolfman and still reprises the role in other movies. It doesn't matter.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Those crossover movies from back in the day were pretty good if you like the old school horror movies. House of Dracula was basically old school Universal Monster Avengers.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein is still first class.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Tom Cruise running always running. It's not Tom Cruise movie if he ain't running in it.

His cardio must be on level 8000
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol reviews saying it's trash. No surprise there
  • Broddie
    Options
    6 people co wrote and co produced this.

6 people.

One of them being one of the biggest hacks in Hollywood today (Alex Kurtzman). Said hack also decided to make this his directorial debut. So yeah...pass.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't realise kurtzman was on directing duties for this.

Yeah i've lost all interest in this now.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Didn't realise kurtzman was on directing duties for this.

Yeah i've lost all interest in this now.

All bad. I thought this one looked decent from the trailer too
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have been more excited for this film if it was an actual horror film. Not some action adventure looking ? with the Mummy.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Movie never looked good. Was never interested in it regardless.