• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Yall crazy if you think the X-Men won't be in this.... Capcom is the initiator for this, they can get Disney's approval for their heroes but Fox, etc that owns Xmen would be beyond stupid to not allow the Xmen to be in this game. They had the Xmen in MVC3 and UMVC3 this game won't be any different.

The problem is not if FOX would allow the characters in the game (they only hold the movie rights, not the characters themselves), Disney doesn't want to promote anything they won't make money off of. Look at the comics: Fantastic Four comic series got axed and the X-Men are dying, being pushed out to promote the Inhumans.

Marvel still owns the rights to the characters. Fox only has rights to the movies and merchandising of them. It wasn't a problem for the last 2 games it won't be a problem for this one. The X-Men will be in this game. Give it some time the game is still in development.

You're not making a Marvel vs. Capcom without Marvel characters LOLOLOLOL

You quoted me, but your response is like you didn't even read what I what said, but ok.

Another point tho, MvC 3 came out in 2011. The MCU universe was nowhere near as big as it is now (Avengers didn't even come out until 2012). Disney is all about promoting the characters they have the film, television and toy merchandising rights to. The Avengers, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man & Wasp, Falcon, Black Panther, Thanos, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel, GotG, Doctor Strange....that's like 20+ characters right there lol. Spider-Man will be there because of the deal Marvel & Sony agreed to and Deadpool might even return because of the deal between Fox & Marvel to swap characters between Deadpool & GotG movie.

We hope it's not true, but looking at how Disney has been treating the Fox licensed properties in other forms of media, RIP X-Men & FF. And Wolverine has a new movie coming out...yeah, Disney said ? that ? lol. Hope I'm wrong tho.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yall crazy if you think the X-Men won't be in this.... Capcom is the initiator for this, they can get Disney's approval for their heroes but Fox, etc that owns Xmen would be beyond stupid to not allow the Xmen to be in this game. They had the Xmen in MVC3 and UMVC3 this game won't be any different.

The problem is not if FOX would allow the characters in the game (they only hold the movie rights, not the characters themselves), Disney doesn't want to promote anything they won't make money off of. Look at the comics: Fantastic Four comic series got axed and the X-Men are dying, being pushed out to promote the Inhumans.

Marvel still owns the rights to the characters. Fox only has rights to the movies and merchandising of them. It wasn't a problem for the last 2 games it won't be a problem for this one. The X-Men will be in this game. Give it some time the game is still in development.

They...would all still be all Marvel characters?

Bruh, the MCU barely existed when MvC3 was in development and released 6 years ago. The only movies that existed were Iron Man 1 and those Hulk movies nobody cared about, and no TV shows.

Fast forward to now and it clear were Marvel's priorities are.

You will get hella Avengers, Guardians, Defenders, and Inhumans before mutants.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I played the ? outta the first 2 parts on the DC back in the day, still think it would look better 2D drawn and it would be weird not having Cable n Wolverine in the roster but hey, times have changed lol smh
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 on 2 hell naw!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If mutants will be in it I need these characters to be in it overall :

Iceman
    Cyclops or cable
    Omega Red
    Venom
    Jin
    Captain Commando
    Thanos
    War Machine
    sonson

Idc after that
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MvC without Wolverine would be weird. He's been in every game, to my knowledge, all the way back to X-Men vs Street Fighter.

But Marvel has a mobile game with damn near everybody on it so I don't really see the difference. I think they'll keep some of the vets. Knowing Disney if they can't profit of it they won't do it. We'll see.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The only character I want is Cyclops and I hope they make him as dope as he was in the previous Marvel vs. games, maybe change some of his movesets but keep him similar to his MVC2 version. I miss that ? man.

They better be sure to give him is OG costume too

f_cyclops_90sxmen.png

Cyclops the GOAT X-Man.

Comic books and video games.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna see more of the Infinity Gems in play. I wonder if each character will have a special to a specific gem like in Marvel Super Heroes
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was an interview earlier. They confirmed there would be no assists or X factor in the game. Also, the gems will act like the groove system CvS2. Vesper goes over it.

https://youtu.be/skKjzChRphM
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    hiv5sfqruacv.jpg
    focus wrote: »

They...would all still be all Marvel characters?

Bruh, the MCU barely existed when MvC3 was in development and released 6 years ago. The only movies that existed were Iron Man 1 and those Hulk movies nobody cared about, and no TV shows.

Fast forward to now and it clear were Marvel's priorities are.

You will get hella Avengers, Guardians, Defenders, and Inhumans before mutants.

I recalled most of the voice actors that were in the cartoon reprised their respective roles as Avengers characters
  • focus
    Options
    Another separate source has confirmed no Fox movie characters...in the base game, but they will be added later as DLC, including members of the Fantastic Four.

Apparently the reason is Marvel will have to pay merchandising fees to Fox for there inclusion in a physical release. Making them DLC only means they wont be on the boxart or included in story mode, and Marvel can either avoid the fee altogether by making them digital only, or at the very least pay a much smaller "percentage" based on $5 DLC, for example, versus a $60 retail release.

The source said this was a "done deal", the roster was locked down over a year ago and the base game will ship with a roster total in the "low 30's" before any DLC.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I think that's bs
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to get this and I probably will, but i get burnt out on fighting games really fast
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not copping. Capcom is already on my do not buy list for what they did with SF5. And now this, after seeing Captain Marvel in the trailer I knew what it was. She's still getting her push in the comics so that means all X-Men are out.

Best believe I won't buy this game and then pay DLC for a bunch of characters.

The worst type of loss leading, destroy your X-Men and FF fan base because you don't own the movie rights. Good luck with them Inhumans lol.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope they do away with the infinite combos
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    Not copping. Capcom is already on my do not buy list for what they did with SF5. And now this, after seeing Captain Marvel in the trailer I knew what it was. She's still getting her push in the comics so that means all X-Men are out.

The worst type of loss leading, destroy your X-Men and FF fan base because you don't own the movie rights. Good luck with them Inhumans lol.

What did they do with sf5?

DLC for bunch of characters is no diff as the DLC for a bunch of maps, cars, levels etc. should be used to it by now. That's why I wait for goty editions
  • Paprika
    Options

DLC for bunch of characters is no diff as the DLC for a bunch of maps, cars, levels etc. should be used to it by now. That's why I wait for goty editions

Sony funded a good chunk of SF5 for it to be exclusive to PS4 and the game is released early so they can have it in tournaments. The game upon release didn't have the story mode, or a versus mode.

They use an in-game currency to unlock characters (100,000) and stages (70,000) or you can buy them with cash.

The game is a Paywall mess. The daily challenges to earn fight money was released a few months ago. After having 5 characters released they just announced another 5 to be released.

The gameplay itself is very basic. $60 for the game and then they are on the second season pass. That's $60 off of season passes already.

Net code is trash, colours, alternate costumes all behind a Paywall. We should have seen the end since Resident Evil 5 with its on disc locked content.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

People need to stop looking at these big companies like they are one guy. Different teams work different projects and the way they do things can be vastly different. Look at Namco. They produce Tekken and Soul Calibur. SCV was a mess because of a lot of bad decisions made. The Tekken is handled is like the polar opposite. So looking at Namco and saying "I won't touch Tekken because SCV was ? doesn't really make a lot of sense."

It's the same with SF and MvC. They have two different teams and frankly the target audience is a bit different. MvC has a competitive scene, but it's still largely a fanservice type game. So they always put a little more effort into appealing to casuals than the SF team.

And people always bash DLC, but I don't see the problem with it. It all comes down to price. The rumor right now is that licensing issues would force Marvel to have to pay FOX a little money if they released any of the FOX characters on the initial hardcopy of the game. However, since DLC is digital, it would be a loophole. So, their plan is to release the game with ~36 characters and then add some FOX characters as DLC. ~36 is a pretty good starting number and if they released a 6-8 character DLC pack for ~$20, that wouldn't be bad at all.

Either way, I don't see why people feel the need to make comments like this a year out. Why take a hard stance on a game when all you've seen is a CGI trailer and some Alpha gameplay? That doesn't make any sense.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Sony funded a good chunk of SF5 for it to be exclusive to PS4 and the game is released early so they can have it in tournaments. The game upon release didn't have the story mode, or a versus mode.

They use an in-game currency to unlock characters (100,000) and stages (70,000) or you can buy them with cash.

The game is a Paywall mess. The daily challenges to earn fight money was released a few months ago. After having 5 characters released they just announced another 5 to be released.

The gameplay itself is very basic. $60 for the game and then they are on the second season pass. That's $60 off of season passes already.

Net code is trash, colours, alternate costumes all behind a Paywall. We should have seen the end since Resident Evil 5 with its on disc locked content.

Never knew story mode was so important for a fighting game and it had a vs mode.

Every game is a paywall mess, this isn't anything new. Company make game to make money. I used to watch bonus round on game trailers and developers admit they think about what content they want to put aside for the consumer to pay more money later. They want you to be invested in their games long enuf until the next iteration. That's the state of the game industry now.

You can get the game now for $20. Matter of fact, game price drops so quick nowadays you should not be paying $60 for any game.

Netcode is decent. Don't care bout colors or alternate costumes
  • focus
    Options
    Capcom will have to be careful. This game will be going head to head with Injustice 2, and yes, it could get ? on just like MKX ? all over SFV.

This will be the first internally developed Capcom fighting game in like 15 years, which Marvel probably demanded, so we will see.
  • Paprika
    edited December 2016
    Options

People need to stop looking at these big companies like they are one guy. Different teams work different projects and the way they do things can be vastly different. Look at Namco. They produce Tekken and Soul Calibur. SCV was a mess because of a lot of bad decisions made. The Tekken is handled is like the polar opposite. So looking at Namco and saying "I won't touch Tekken because SCV was ? doesn't really make a lot of sense."

It's the same with SF and MvC. They have two different teams and frankly the target audience is a bit different. MvC has a competitive scene, but it's still largely a fanservice type game. So they always put a little more effort into appealing to casuals than the SF team.

And people always bash DLC, but I don't see the problem with it. It all comes down to price. The rumor right now is that licensing issues would force Marvel to have to pay FOX a little money if they released any of the FOX characters on the initial hardcopy of the game. However, since DLC is digital, it would be a loophole. So, their plan is to release the game with ~36 characters and then add some FOX characters as DLC. ~36 is a pretty good starting number and if they released a 6-8 character DLC pack for ~$20, that wouldn't be bad at all.

Either way, I don't see why people feel the need to make comments like this a year out. Why take a hard stance on a game when all you've seen is a CGI trailer and some Alpha gameplay? That doesn't make any sense.

Naturally I would agree with you, however Capcom runs their company with a consistent vision that lands themselves in this position. The examples are there if you want to see it.

MVC3
    RE5-6
    SF4-5
    Dragon's Dogma
    SF X Tekken

It's the same reason people judge an EA game because of past experiences with their low quality high pricing schemes.

First Impressions leaves everyone with different takeaways. Why is it okay for people to say first day cop and others to say not copping? It's because the gaming community like others, has adopted a unilateral philosophy. If you don't agree with the ruling party you are a hater.

I speak with my dollars. A $90 game and then $20 on DLC doesn't sit well with me.

And the DLC prices for Jill and Shura in MVC3 were $5 each.
  • Paprika
    Options

Never knew story mode was so important for a fighting game and it had a vs mode.

Every game is a paywall mess, this isn't anything new. Company make game to make money. I used to watch bonus round on game trailers and developers admit they think about what content they want to put aside for the consumer to pay more money later. They want you to be invested in their games long enuf until the next iteration. That's the state of the game industry now.

You can get the game now for $20. Matter of fact, game price drops so quick nowadays you should not be paying $60 for any game.

Netcode is decent. Don't care bout colors or alternate costumes

The Paywall mess is due to two factors, developers knowing they can double dip into your pocket and the gaming communities fascination with the mobile market.

Gamers didn't make a big fuss about DLC or day one downloadable content. So publishers saw an opportunity to flood the system with 'extra content'.

SF5 is the perfect example of how the mobile marketing can go completely wrong in the gaming industry. Apps are 99 cents. And charge you from there any amount they desire for extra items, lives , characters etc. Video games don't give any reprieve, they don't drop a game from say $59 to $29. That's why the SF system didn't work. Because now people who spent $60 on the game are going to be spending $60 on season passes. There isn't parity.

The fact is, companies of all ventures look forward to the first 2-3 months their product is out. It shows awareness of the consumer, which demographic is buying and most importantly first week sales. It's great for a game to have legs months down the road but if that company failed the expectation of the income goal they have to answer to shareholders.

Price drops usually don't matter to people who expect a quality game at launch anyway.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Naturally I would agree with you, however Capcom runs their company with a consistent vision that lands themselves in this position. The examples are there if you want to see it.

MVC3
    RE5-6
    SF4-5
    Dragon's Dogma
    SF X Tekken

It's the same reason people judge an EA game because of past experiences with their low quality high pricing schemes.

First Impressions leaves everyone with different takeaways. Why is it okay for people to say first day cop and others to say not copping? It's because the gaming community like others, has adopted a unilateral philosophy. If you don't agree with the ruling party you are a hater.

I speak with my dollars. A $90 game and then $20 on DLC doesn't sit well with me.

And the DLC prices for Jill and Shura in MVC3 were $5 each.

I get what you're saying, but the problem with your argument is that none of those games used the same model. Let's just look at the fighting games.

With SF4, they released a full game that was just fine. If they had left it as it was, no one could really complain. It's good that they chose to continue support for it though. They messed up by making it a full release with SSF4, but they changed their model after that and used DLC upgrades that came at a full price. The costume packs and all that were pricey, but that stuff isn't necessary to enjoy the game.

Like SF4, MvC3 was a complete game when it was released. It was missing some of the single player content people were hoping for, but Capcom has never been big on that. The Jill and Shuma DLC was overpriced, I agree, but that's not really a deal breaker unless you were like a big Jill and Shuma fan. The UMvC3 upgrade was actually really good, but they made a bad move by making it a separate purchase instead of a DLC upgrade.

SFxT was a ? plain and simple.

SF5 as a game hasn't been that bad. It caught hell during the release because it wasn't complete, but now the game is just fine and they will continue to support it until 2020. On top of that, you can buy the game pretty cheap now. The costumes are overpriced, but the character pricing is fair and they can be obtained for free if you don't want to pay money.

So you're right to be cautious, I admit that, but there is no reason to completely write the game off. With the exception of SFxT, all the FGs mentioned wound up being good.