Rating - 108.6

Record 11-1

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well he damn sure aint a lie.

If he was gonna get exposed or hit a rookie wall, it would've happened by now. He was a game manager early in the season, but he's evolved with his downfield accuracy and mobility. He's only gonna get better (I hope). People always bring up the O-line and they're great, but a lot of people try to slight him and Zeke because of it. Derek Carr's O-line is great too, which is even better in pass protection, and he's got the best WR duo in the NFL, but he's the front runner for MVP. Dak has a good receiving core, but he was balling even when Dez was out of the line up.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dak is nice. He's very accurate and take care of the football. He can throw it when you need him to win the game if the running game ain't going.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn the stats.

That boy is the truth he is poised has great athleticism and can throw on the run with great accuracy and he will only get better and fine tune his game.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Dak, but that line giving him 2 downs for every 1 down. Which IMO helps him with his progressions, that line the real MVP. With that said I still think Dak is talented
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's looking really good this year. I wouldn't call him the truth yet, because we've seen rookie players come in the league, do really well , then fall off. Give it another year or 2

^this
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lets revisit this after year 2.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's looking really good this year. I wouldn't call him the truth yet, because we've seen rookie players come in the league, do really well , then fall off. Give it another year or 2

How many rookie qb coming doing well and fall off the next year? I can't think of one. Rookie qb's who do well continues to do so...you're talking about rookies in general
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

How many rookie qb coming doing well and fall off the next year? I can't think of one. Rookie qb's who do well continues to do so...you're talking about rookies in general

RG3 is the one who stands out
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3's downhill performance had as much to do with injuries as anything. Up until the last 2 weeks, Dak wasnt running anywhere near as much RG3. As long as Dak doesnt fall in love too much with scrambling and limits the QB option to 1-2 plays a game, he should be fine.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

RG3 is the one who stands out

RG3 also played in a gimmick offense that got figured out pretty quickly. There is absolutely nothing gimmicky about the Cowboys offense.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Fact of the matter is Dak still has his issues that he needs to work out with coaching in the offseason, but the amount he has improved on just pure game experience on the fly is amazing when history shows that type of situation usually irons in a QBs flaws not fixes them. Fact of the matter is if I was a betting man I would say the Cowboys got the biggest draft steal since Tom Brady, not saying he is gonna win 4 super bowls but quality of play this soon for where he was drafted and the fact we gave up absolutely nothing for him.

Only time will tell though, but Dak is already clearly a better QB than RG3 could ever hope to be and to argue that point by now would be ridiculous.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , ignore the rookie part then. It's been part of 1 year...I'm not calling him the truth after that. QB's have had 1 season that showed potential then declined. Bradford, Freeman, Cam, Cassell, RG3...I'm not saying he won't be good, just that it's too early to crown him.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kapernick also fell off after getting propped up as "the truth"

Dak is good and doin what hes supposed to do but i gotta see consistency from year to year to really say he's the truth....teams will figure him out and it's gonna be interesting how he progresses
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He really needs more time.

COWBOYS FANS...DON'T CATCH FEELINGS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING!

He needs more time because I need to see him more, in different situations. I've seen him with the most dominant running game, behind arguably the best OL in the league, with legit receiving targets, and not being asked to throw the ball a lot. He's a good defense away from the easiest situation a QB could be in. He's thrown 30 or less times in over half his games. His RB has scored in all but 4 games, and broken 100 yards in all but 3 (that's just Zeke. His backfield may have still scored, and broken 100 yards for him)

This isn't a knock on him...his situation is his situation. But it's why I can't call him the truth yet. As time passes, situations change...so we'll see
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I'm in the wait a few years camp. If he's still balling in 2018 then we can talk. Too many QB's have a spark when they start then turn to garbage afterwards.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »

Dak is good and doin what hes supposed to do but i gotta see consistency from year to year to really say he's the truth....teams will figure him out and it's gonna be interesting how he progresses

Same thing happened to Tim Tebow
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mike06 wrote: »

Same thing happened to Tim Tebow

Who is Tim Tebow?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wheres the thread where yall ? discuss jerry jones hoping for romo to come back?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Wheres the thread where yall ? discuss jerry jones hoping for romo to come back?

Well he did say he wanted to win a ring with Romo. This was a few days ago.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    ? are blind of the greatness in the making.. he might end of being the best qb in a couple of years
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    ? are blind of the greatness in the making.. he might end of being the best qb in a couple of years

I aint gonna go that far bruh, but if you can't clearly see the huge leap in talent and ability to play the QB position from Dak to the likes of a Tebow, RG3, or an Osweiler you need to re evaluate how you look at QBs. Dak is clearly an NFL starting calibre QB this season aint a fluke. Trust me he wouldn't have EVER took Romo's spot in Dallas with as much as Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett cut for Romo if he was a ? .
  • Olorun22
    Options

I aint gonna go that far bruh, but if you can't clearly see the huge leap in talent and ability to play the QB position from Dak to the likes of a Tebow, RG3, or an Osweiler you need to re evaluate how you look at QBs. Dak is clearly an NFL starting calibre QB this season aint a fluke. Trust me he wouldn't have EVER took Romo's spot in Dallas with as much as Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett cut for Romo if he was a ? .

I said jamies Winston and Russell Wilson are going be Hof qb's and it looks like they're on they way. My player evaluation is pretty good. I see the same out of dak with his demeanor. I said he might be... not he's going to be the best because it's some very talented qb's that coming into the draft in the draft in the next couple of years.

Seems like people are scared to be wrong on calling people great in the making.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    ^^^^I wasn't really talking to you more so everyone else comparing him to RG3 and Tebow. That ? is laughable, RG3 never could recognize a coverage and Tebow couldn't eve ln throw a spiral 10 yards. Even if Dak stays at game manager status he is better than both of them put together. Lol