Do You Remember The Time?

Options
1235»

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26) "[/b]

READ ALL OF LUKE 14 IN CONTEXT

It's a parable given to teach to the cost of being a disciple

Luke 14:26 IS A response to people not wanting to take up the invitation of ? because they had other earthly of responsibilities and possessions. what is being said by luke 14:26 is simply that we must put family and even our own lives into secondary status. the word translated there as "hate" real meaning is "love less than" hate is being used in a comparative sense.

This teaching is about not loving possessions more than ? ......possessions include your family and even your own life. which is why in the next verse Jesus says luke 14: 27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple" (luke 14: 27). and then we have

luke14:33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    whatever man , I highly doubt you could have an inteligent debate with me because to be religious means to be brainwashed...all you guys can do is take verses from the bible and tell people that if they dont understand is because they are lost or going to hell ,you guys see the bible and religion the same way I saw it at 15 years old! the difference is my third eye opened 16 years ago and I started to dig and get a deeper meaning of life ,yall just stayed stuck in the book and did not seek other kinds of wisdom like LOGIC and mathematics ,meaning if ? dont add up ,I dont believe in it ....the life as we know it is all mathematics but thats another subject

? christians always want to explain their bible by quoting the bible hahaha thats the dumbest ? ever and they dont even realize that its dumb because they are brainwashed and dont realise you can start a bunch of religion by using the same bible because its full of contradictions

You must seriously be confusing me with somebody else. Your statements only betray your own ignorance and anti religious bigotry you're not cool you're not smart or edgy just because you don't believe in ? . I'm 34 you don't think I haven't stopped and thought about my beliefs and why I believe what I believe ??? are you f****** stupid ??? of course I have . I've studied my religion and other religions very very deeply and I believe what I believe because I thought about it not because I was brainwashed

how many times do I have to tell you that I do believe in ? ? you cant even take time to comprehend what i'm telling you because your brainwashed cranium associates not believing in Jesus the same as not believing in ? smh

answer this one question : does the bible have ALOT of contradictions yes or no ?

The Bible has no contradictions if you understand what you're reading. to the layperson it may seem that it does but to those of us who have actually studied the Bible and the theology we know different

I didn't really mean to just Target you it was a general statement for people of this generation who seem to think that having their non-conventional beliefs on religion especially Christianity somehow makes them better or smarter than other people

ok explain those to me then ,enlight me...

Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34)

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." (John 15:12)

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)

what about this one...

Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.") Mark 7:18

And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you. (Leviticus 11:7-8)

is it this ?

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)

or this ?

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. (Matthew 26:52)

…"for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (KJV)

but wait , there's more !!

this one is so blatant lolll

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)

or is it this ?

TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward reserved for and awaiting you] with and from your Father Who is in heaven. (Matthew 6:1,)

explain please maybe like all christians like to say;it's maybe because I cant understand lol well explain to me then...

@zzombie
    z513nkmo98zm.gif

The reason why you are reading contradictions where non exist is because you are taking things literally where they are not meant to be taking literally and you would know which verses are meant to be taken literally and which are not if you would read and comprehend what is actually being said.
  • zzombie
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)

Matthews 10:34 is about what Jesus is going to do spiritually which is "cut" the religion and society of his time and from then on wards into 2.... hence the sword reference. This verse is not about physical violence nor is jesus advocating it

Luke 22:36 means christian can choose to defend themselves.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.") Mark 7:18

And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you. (Leviticus 11:7-8)

Mark 7:14-23
    Mark 7:14-23 (and its parallel account in Matthew 15:1-20) is another set of scriptures that some believe state that nothing entering into a man can defile him, therefore eating whatever one wishes is perfectly all right. Can this be correct?

Those who believe this fail to understand the subject of the chapter, which is Jesus' denunciation of the Pharisees for their rejection of ? 's commandments in favor of their own traditions (verse 8). Verse 2 introduces the context: "Now when [the Pharisees] saw some of His disciples eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault." The dispute was over ceremonial cleanliness - eating without first washing one's hands - which is not even an Old Testament law but a "tradition of the elders" (verse 5), which the Pharisees had themselves proclaimed authoritative.

In addition, beyond this fact, note that the kind of food the apostles were eating is "bread," not meat. Jesus' later comments speak generally of "foods" and "whatever enters the mouth," not specifically meat. Mark 7 is not about clean and unclean meats at all!

Verse 19 contains the phrase "thus purifying all foods," and many have jumped to the conclusion that Jesus declared all foods clean (as many marginal references state). The context, again - the very sentence in which it appears - proves this false: "Do you [disciples] not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, thus purifying all foods?"

First, "thus" is not in the Greek text but has been supplied by the translators. Without it, the sentence plainly states that the stomach "purifies" any kind of food put in it, not that Jesus had somehow declared all foods to be purified. Second, purified is the Greek word katharízoon, which means "to cleanse," "to purify," "to free from filth." In relation to the stomach's or the digestive tract's ability to "purify" food, the sense of katharízoon in this verse is "to purge of waste." This is brought out clearly in the parallel statement in Matthew 15:17: "Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated?"

Do these scriptures do away with the law concerning clean and unclean meats? Not at all
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26) "[/b]

Luke 14:26 IS A response to people not wanting to take up the invitation of ? because they had other earthly of responsibilities and possessions. what is being said by luke 14:26 is simply that we must put family and even our own lives into secondary status. the word translated there as "hate" real meaning is "love less than" hate is being used in a comparative sense.

This teaching is about not loving possessions more than ? ......possessions include your family and even your own life. which is why in the next verse Jesus says luke 14: 27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple" (luke 14: 27). and then we have

luke14:33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.

ok so for this the answer is basically ;thats not what he meant;its a bad translation...ok so its human error, right ? ok fair enough because I also think it has alot of contradictions because its written by humans and Not guided by ? because then there would be none but whatever ok

but you did not answer this one :

or this one :

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)

or is it this ?

TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward reserved for and awaiting you] with and from your Father Who is in heaven. (Matthew 6:1,)

@zzombie

• zzombie
    Options

ok so for this the answer is basically ;thats not what he meant;its a bad translation...ok so its human error, right ? ok fair enough because I also think it has alot of contradictions because its written by humans and Not guided by ? because then there would be none but whatever ok

or this one :

or is it this ?

@zzombie

No the translation is correct it's just that the word hate is being used differently than it is used in normal vernacular. some translation don't even have the word hate they have "love less than" of something to that effect because the word hate in our modern language has a meaning that is too extreme and therefore the meaning behind the ideas being conveyed is in that verse is becoming obfuscated.

I will answer question you have about mat 5 and 6 a little later
  • Ether44mag
    edited December 2016
    Options

or this one :

or is it this ?

@zzombie

No the translation is correct it's just that the word hate is being used differently than it is used in normal vernacular. some translation don't even have the word hate they have "love less than" of something to that effect because the word hate in our modern language has a meaning that is too extreme and therefore the meaning behind the ideas being conveyed is in that verse is becoming obfuscated.

well judging from those verses ,the word hate seems to mean the same thing as now...

1 John 4:20 ESV /

If anyone says, “I love ? ,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love ? whom he has not seen.

1 John 3:15 ESV /

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV /

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Leviticus 19:17 ESV /

“You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

Proverbs 8:13 ESV

The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

John 15:18 ESV /

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

1 John 2:11 ESV /

But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Psalm 26:5 ESV /

I hate the assembly of evildoers, and I will not sit with the wicked

Matthew 6:24 ESV

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve ? and money.

this last one clearly shows that "despise" is a synonym for the word hate so...

and I cant wait to hear your explanation for the matthew 5 and 6
  • zzombie
    Options

or this one :

or is it this ?

@zzombie

well judging from those verses ,the word hate seems to mean the same thing as now...

If anyone says, “I love ? ,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love ? whom he has not seen.

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

“You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve ? and money.

a word can be used differently in a different context depending on the situation plus the bible sometimes uses parables and metaphors and sometimes it just uses plain language so the only way to really know what is being said is to analyze the context.

the word "HATE" is misew which can mean to love less or it can mean HATE as we know it today...... However in luke 14 the context of the story and what's being said indicates that the "love less" meaning is in use.
  • zzombie
    edited December 2016
    Options

look at the whole thing matthew 5 and 6

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

^^^^^ your light should shine so that people can attest to ? being the source of your light Now look at 6

1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

^^^^^^^^ if the goal is for YOU TO BE SEEN BY THEM then You have gotten no real reward. You do your work so that people can see ? you don't shine so that people can see You. You can practice your righteousness in front of others but you don't do it with the intention that you are looking for fame or a good name.

You should not want to be seen by them ? is supposed to be seen by them.

In other words help ? out but don't do that ? for show.............. these two verses are deeper than what i have told you but that's the simplest way i can explain them to you
  • Ether44mag
    Options

or this one :

or is it this ?

@zzombie

a word can be used differently in a different context depending on the situation plus the bible sometimes uses parables and metaphors and sometimes it just uses plain language so the only way to really know what is being said is to analyze the context.

the word "HATE" is misew which can mean to love less or it can mean HATE as we know it today...... However in luke 14 the context of the story and what's being said indicates that the "love less" meaning is in use.

okokok...can you point me to another verse where the REAL meaning is "Love less" or was that the only time it was used differently ?
  • zzombie
    edited December 2016
    Options

or this one :

or is it this ?

@zzombie

okokok...can you point me to another verse where the REAL meaning is "Love less" or was that the only time it was used differently ?

genesis 29:30-1,

^^^^^^^^^ those verses are deeper than simple face value but the concept of hate not being hate as we know it is the same.
  • zzombie
    Options
    http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=781

From the pens of Moses and Paul, we read clear instructions that describe how children ought to treat their parents. Both the books of Exodus and Ephesians state that children should honor their fathers and mothers (Exodus 20:12; Ephesians 6:2). From the mouth of Jesus, and a host of New Testament writers, we have been given the injunction to love others, which certainly would include our parents. Paul wrote: “Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law” (Romans 13:8). Jesus, to illustrate how a person should love his neighbor, told the unforgettable story of the “Good Samaritan” (Luke 10:30-37). In light of these verses and the thoughts they contain, one easily can deduce that a person should love his or her parents. Not only is love for parents natural, but it also is commanded by ? throughout the Scriptures…or is it? Luke, in his account of the life of Jesus, has the Messiah on record saying, “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple” (Luke 14:26, emp. added). So which is it, should we love and honor our parents and family—or hate them?

Needless to say, this statement by Jesus has been seized by many skeptics and offered as “proof ” that the Bible contradicts itself. Steve Wells, in his work The Skeptic’s Annotated Bible, cites Luke 14:26 as a verse in contradiction to Exodus 20:12. He further attacks Luke 14:26 as a verse that goes against family values, and one that presents an unjust command (Wells, 2001).

Admittedly, if the word “hate” in Luke 14:26 means what most twenty-first century Americans use the word to mean, then Jesus’ statement is a contradiction, unjust, and goes against decent family values. What anyone who studies the verse should quickly discover, however, is that the word translated “hate” does not always mean “to despise, detest, loathe, and abhor,” which are synonymous with the general use of the word “hate” in our modern culture. Instead, the word also can include the meaning “to love less.”

Atheist Dan Barker has disavowed such an explanation, saying, “Most Christians feel obligated to soften the face meaning of the word ‘hate’ to something like ‘love less than me,’ even though the Greek word miseo means ‘hate’ ” (1999, p. 158). Barker failed to explore, however, the legitimate times in the Bible (and in secular documents) where the word or its Hebrew equivalent is given the meaning “to love less,” and is not forced into a strict, uncompromising, literal usage of detest, loathe, or abhor.

The story of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah perfectly illustrates the biblical use of this term “hate” in its meaning of “to love less.” To briefly summarize the story, Jacob loved Rachel, and agreed to work for her father Laban for seven years in order to marry her. At the end of the seven years, Laban tricked Jacob, and gave Leah to him as a wife. When Jacob discovered the deception, he was given Rachel as a wife, but was forced to work another seven years for her. In Genesis 29:30, the Bible says that “Jacob also went in to Rachel, and he also loved Rachel more than Leah.” Yet, in the next verse the Bible says, “And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, He opened her ? ” (29:31, KJV). Jacob did not despise, detest, and treat Leah like an enemy, as in the modern use of the word “hate.” Instead, he simply loved Rachel more than he loved Leah.

Numerous Greek scholars have added their combined years of study to the discussion to testify that the word “hate” (miseo) in Luke 14:26 does not mean “an active abhorrence,” but means “to love less.” E.W. Bullinger, in his monumental work, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible, described the word “hate” in Luke 14:26 as hyperbole. He rendered the word as meaning “does not esteem them less than me” (1968, p. 426). W.E. Vine, the eminent Greek scholar, said the word miseo could carry the meaning of “a relative preference for one thing over another.” He listed Luke 14:26 under this particular definition (1940, p. 198). Lastly, A.B. Bruce, in The Expositor’s Greek Testament, stated that “the practical meaning” of the word “hate” in this verse is “love less” (n.d., p. 575).

Add to all this the fact that, with His last few words, Jesus Christ showed honor to His mother, and made sure she had a provider (John 19:25-27). The simple meaning, then, of Jesus’ statement in Luke 14:26 is that a person must be willing to sever ties with his or her family if those ties hinder the person from following and obeying Christ. And blessed is the man who puts service to Jesus above all else
  • Ether44mag
    Options

Mark 7:14-23
    Mark 7:14-23 (and its parallel account in Matthew 15:1-20) is another set of scriptures that some believe state that nothing entering into a man can defile him, therefore eating whatever one wishes is perfectly all right. Can this be correct?

Those who believe this fail to understand the subject of the chapter, which is Jesus' denunciation of the Pharisees for their rejection of ? 's commandments in favor of their own traditions (verse 8). Verse 2 introduces the context: "Now when [the Pharisees] saw some of His disciples eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault." The dispute was over ceremonial cleanliness - eating without first washing one's hands - which is not even an Old Testament law but a "tradition of the elders" (verse 5), which the Pharisees had themselves proclaimed authoritative.

In addition, beyond this fact, note that the kind of food the apostles were eating is "bread," not meat. Jesus' later comments speak generally of "foods" and "whatever enters the mouth," not specifically meat. Mark 7 is not about clean and unclean meats at all!

Verse 19 contains the phrase "thus purifying all foods," and many have jumped to the conclusion that Jesus declared all foods clean (as many marginal references state). The context, again - the very sentence in which it appears - proves this false: "Do you [disciples] not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, thus purifying all foods?"

First, "thus" is not in the Greek text but has been supplied by the translators. Without it, the sentence plainly states that the stomach "purifies" any kind of food put in it, not that Jesus had somehow declared all foods to be purified. Second, purified is the Greek word katharízoon, which means "to cleanse," "to purify," "to free from filth." In relation to the stomach's or the digestive tract's ability to "purify" food, the sense of katharízoon in this verse is "to purge of waste." This is brought out clearly in the parallel statement in Matthew 15:17: "Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated?"

Do these scriptures do away with the law concerning clean and unclean meats? Not at all

ok but isnt it jesus that is sayin this both times ?
  • Ether44mag
    Options
    http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=781

From the pens of Moses and Paul, we read clear instructions that describe how children ought to treat their parents. Both the books of Exodus and Ephesians state that children should honor their fathers and mothers (Exodus 20:12; Ephesians 6:2). From the mouth of Jesus, and a host of New Testament writers, we have been given the injunction to love others, which certainly would include our parents. Paul wrote: “Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law” (Romans 13:8). Jesus, to illustrate how a person should love his neighbor, told the unforgettable story of the “Good Samaritan” (Luke 10:30-37). In light of these verses and the thoughts they contain, one easily can deduce that a person should love his or her parents. Not only is love for parents natural, but it also is commanded by ? throughout the Scriptures…or is it? Luke, in his account of the life of Jesus, has the Messiah on record saying, “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple” (Luke 14:26, emp. added). So which is it, should we love and honor our parents and family—or hate them?

Needless to say, this statement by Jesus has been seized by many skeptics and offered as “proof ” that the Bible contradicts itself. Steve Wells, in his work The Skeptic’s Annotated Bible, cites Luke 14:26 as a verse in contradiction to Exodus 20:12. He further attacks Luke 14:26 as a verse that goes against family values, and one that presents an unjust command (Wells, 2001).

Admittedly, if the word “hate” in Luke 14:26 means what most twenty-first century Americans use the word to mean, then Jesus’ statement is a contradiction, unjust, and goes against decent family values. What anyone who studies the verse should quickly discover, however, is that the word translated “hate” does not always mean “to despise, detest, loathe, and abhor,” which are synonymous with the general use of the word “hate” in our modern culture. Instead, the word also can include the meaning “to love less.”

Atheist Dan Barker has disavowed such an explanation, saying, “Most Christians feel obligated to soften the face meaning of the word ‘hate’ to something like ‘love less than me,’ even though the Greek word miseo means ‘hate’ ” (1999, p. 158). Barker failed to explore, however, the legitimate times in the Bible (and in secular documents) where the word or its Hebrew equivalent is given the meaning “to love less,” and is not forced into a strict, uncompromising, literal usage of detest, loathe, or abhor.

The story of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah perfectly illustrates the biblical use of this term “hate” in its meaning of “to love less.” To briefly summarize the story, Jacob loved Rachel, and agreed to work for her father Laban for seven years in order to marry her. At the end of the seven years, Laban tricked Jacob, and gave Leah to him as a wife. When Jacob discovered the deception, he was given Rachel as a wife, but was forced to work another seven years for her. In Genesis 29:30, the Bible says that “Jacob also went in to Rachel, and he also loved Rachel more than Leah.” Yet, in the next verse the Bible says, “And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, He opened her ? ” (29:31, KJV). Jacob did not despise, detest, and treat Leah like an enemy, as in the modern use of the word “hate.” Instead, he simply loved Rachel more than he loved Leah.

Numerous Greek scholars have added their combined years of study to the discussion to testify that the word “hate” (miseo) in Luke 14:26 does not mean “an active abhorrence,” but means “to love less.” E.W. Bullinger, in his monumental work, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible, described the word “hate” in Luke 14:26 as hyperbole. He rendered the word as meaning “does not esteem them less than me” (1968, p. 426). W.E. Vine, the eminent Greek scholar, said the word miseo could carry the meaning of “a relative preference for one thing over another.” He listed Luke 14:26 under this particular definition (1940, p. 198). Lastly, A.B. Bruce, in The Expositor’s Greek Testament, stated that “the practical meaning” of the word “hate” in this verse is “love less” (n.d., p. 575).

Add to all this the fact that, with His last few words, Jesus Christ showed honor to His mother, and made sure she had a provider (John 19:25-27). The simple meaning, then, of Jesus’ statement in Luke 14:26 is that a person must be willing to sever ties with his or her family if those ties hinder the person from following and obeying Christ. And blessed is the man who puts service to Jesus above all else

ok so if I understand correctly its almost like now actually ,we could say " this ? is hating on me" but he' dont actually HATE you ,meaning the word can be used at a different intensity...ok I'll admit it the way its explained I'll have to give the benefit of the doubt it looks legit ,makes sense