Bill O'Reilly goes full-on white supremacist: Electoral College reform hurts the White Establishment

Options
2»

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no such thing as "MORE DIVIDED"
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    @zzombie

The point is, You lied to the people about what the EU was doing. Instead of telling people thay their education system being a failure caused a demand for foreign workers you told them it was the EUs fault and made the EU the scapegoat. Thats the exact flaw im talking about. YES people hated the EU and voted to leave. BUT you manipulated them to hate the EU based on falsehoods.

What I mean is, there were legit reasons to leave the EU. But those reasons were not cited. The economy in the UK was decent overall, but Englishmen born and raised in the UK were struggling. Instead of putting the blame on the UK for failing their citizens, they blamed the EU. Based off falsehoods. And the people fell for it.

So yea, people hated the EU, and even though there are legit reasons to hate the EU, the reasons the people voted to leave the EU were based off falsehoods. That is the flaw im talking about.

Democracys flaw - the people have the power. Howeverx the people are very easily manipulated to vote for something. The fact that you can manipulate the people cause they fall for lies because it sounds food is the flaw.

That was the failure of democracy seen.

They don't really care about what the e.u is doing they don't want to be a part of it because whatever it's doing it's limiting the freedom of the U.K. you are assuming the people were manipulated and voted based off of lies and i am telling you that people generally already expected politicians to lie and they still vote for them so these people were not manipulated.

You are saying that the people blamed the e.u when they should have blamed the uk but since the eu has so much influence on the u.k it makes more sense to free yourself from the external before you address the internal problems.

NOW WHAT you are saying about democracy maybe true but the trump victory and brexit don't seem like examples of it because i don't see any evidence of manipulation all i see is politicians making promises and declarations of intent
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    @zzombie

The point is, You lied to the people about what the EU was doing. Instead of telling people thay their education system being a failure caused a demand for foreign workers you told them it was the EUs fault and made the EU the scapegoat. Thats the exact flaw im talking about. YES people hated the EU and voted to leave. BUT you manipulated them to hate the EU based on falsehoods.

What I mean is, there were legit reasons to leave the EU. But those reasons were not cited. The economy in the UK was decent overall, but Englishmen born and raised in the UK were struggling. Instead of putting the blame on the UK for failing their citizens, they blamed the EU. Based off falsehoods. And the people fell for it.

So yea, people hated the EU, and even though there are legit reasons to hate the EU, the reasons the people voted to leave the EU were based off falsehoods. That is the flaw im talking about.

Democracys flaw - the people have the power. Howeverx the people are very easily manipulated to vote for something. The fact that you can manipulate the people cause they fall for lies because it sounds food is the flaw.

That was the failure of democracy seen.

They don't really care about what the e.u is doing they don't want to be a part of it because whatever it's doing it's limiting the freedom of the U.K. you are assuming the people were manipulated and voted based off of lies and i am telling you that people generally already expected politicians to lie and they still vote for them so these people were not manipulated.

You are saying that the people blamed the e.u when they should have blamed the uk but since the eu has so much influence on the u.k it makes more sense to free yourself from the external before you address the internal problems.

NOW WHAT you are saying about democracy maybe true but the trump victory and brexit don't seem like examples of it because i don't see any evidence of manipulation all i see is politicians making promises and declarations of intent

A person telling you they will stop corruption in Washington, and then hire corrupt politicians and businessmen all around him is manipulation.

A person telling you he is for the working class and hiring a person who is all about taking any labor law that exists away is manipulation.

A person telling you they will stop ISIS soon as they get elected is manipulation. ISIS is not being taking out by more airstrikes. ISIS is currently being taken out, and they will continue to be taken out in the same speed regardless od who is elected.

Basically, you are saying you will END all the problems we are facing even though it is unrealistic, is manipulation.

You told people what they wanted to hear. Reason you won is because everyone else was telling the people things in the realms of possibility. You came out and told them impossible things you have 0 chance of accomplishing just because you know they wanted to hear it.

That is manipulation.

And basically, every politican lies. But most lies are realistic lies.

Trump and the UK independence party promised impossible things, purposefully, because people wanted to hear it. Thats manipulation.

Im not saying clinton would have been better. She was trying to manipulate people too.

The flaw of democracy is that people are easily manipulated. And, in a system like the US, you have two parties, each party is trying to manipulate thought. Ideally, in democracy, you want people fed the truth and make decisions based on truth. Thats the issue here.

It always happens, but never to the scale of Trump and Brexit. Thats why they are glaring failures of the system.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think what bothers me most is that she put someone's name in quotes

"bill oreilly"

Wtf
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2luw8kShEIw

Angela Rye went in on Jeffrey DoucheLord...
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can Jedi Mind Trick 90% of the people in the world. That's all these elections highlighted.

Trump and UK's independence party came through and was like, "These aren't the droids you're looking for." and the people was like, "You know what? These aren't the droids we're looking for."

It's that simple.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    You can Jedi Mind Trick 90% of the people in the world. That's all these elections highlighted.

Trump and UK's independence party came through and was like, "These aren't the droids you're looking for." and the people was like, "You know what? These aren't the droids we're looking for."

It's that simple.

Or perhaps people like Trump so that's a vehicle for the people to get and Express their true desires
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's that simple.

Or perhaps people like Trump so that's a vehicle for the people to get and Express their true desires

Nah. People are willfully ignorant and will cut off their nose to spite their face -- especially these white folks here. It's literally impossible to not know that Trump is a pestilence in the truest sense of the word. They know he's gonna be a disaster and we'll likely suffer for it. They still feel like this is their "getback" though.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's that simple.

Nah. People are willfully ignorant and will cut off their nose to spite their face -- especially these white folks here. It's literally impossible to not know that Trump is a pestilence in the truest sense of the word. They know he's gonna be a disaster and we'll likely suffer for it. They still feel like this is their "getback" though.

^^ This,
    Those poor white folks are about to lose their Medicaid when Paul Ryan gets his way.They in for hell .
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm not a white supremacist I just want white people to have all the power

- Bill O Reilly

I do think the electoral college is fine
    Clinton lost three key states by less than 80,000 votes. Obama appointing Comey in his ? to appeal to GOP, Bill meeting Lynch on the Tarmac, and Clinton and her damn server.
    She was a ? candidate all along, glad the Clinton era is finally over, sadly her loss will usher in a hyper cronyism era.
    What a time to be alive