Führer Trump Reportedly Scrambles To Secure Talent For His Inauguration Next Month…

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

I want to see how this union ? plays out.

Seems like union might've grabbed the rockettes by the ?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I've said before, the entire political process is trash

But I find it funny that the people that DO believe in the political process, only believe in it if THEIR side is the winning side
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Killer Kam-RON Would You Like Perform Of Your Urban Hits At My Inauguration Please?

optimized_trump.jpg

7VN5Ep5.gif

donald-trump.jpg

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he lost the popular vote by millions
    he doesn't have the people either

Trump dont care bout facts
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/tucker-carlson-tears-into-liberal-entertainers-hollywood-wont-exist-in-20-years/
    Tucker Carlson Tears Into Liberal Entertainers: ‘Hollywood Won’t Exist … in 20 Years’

Today, The Wrap posted an interview with newly-minted Fox News host Tucker Carlson in which he really went in on the American entertainment industry.

“[Hollywood liberals] can’t accept the election results for the same reason their business model is crumbling, and Hollywood won’t exist in its present form in 20 years. Hollywood is going out of business because they don’t understand the country they are selling a product to. They’re completely out of touch because they’re rich and entitled,” he said.

He said that not only are they entitled, but they lack empathy, don’t understand the people in rural areas or the people who voted for Donald Trump, and don’t seem to want to understand them. They vilify the people they try to sell movies and music to, in his opinion, then wonder why no one is buying movies and music. He described Hollywood as a “mass market retail business,” then compared the entertainment industry to a different one: “If you hated dogs and didn’t care what they liked, your dog food would probably fail.”

Also, he said said:

Who watches movies? Who would? Not me. I wouldn’t cross the street to watch a movie for free.

4c5.gif
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heard vince mcmahon bout to send r truth from wwe to perform "whats sup" lmao
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he lost the popular vote by millions
    he doesn't have the people either

this foo is crazy in his own mind lol to tweet they all want tickets when c and d list celebrities turning him down lmao
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heard vince mcmahon bout to send r truth and fozzy to perform lmao

*fixed*
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The rockettes said they won't be forced to perform at the inauguration
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats cause Hillary is just as bad *"logic" of ic Trump supporters and nonvoters*
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    I think Nugent and Garth Brooks are the only ones confirmed so far. Heard Aretha Franklin is in talks, but she's 50/50. Wouldn't be surprised if the Beach Boys accepted because they do look like they're pro-Trump.

lamontbdc wrote: »
    Man that 1st Obama inauguration was the ? .....I walked like 4 miles and wasn't even tripping....traffic and metro were all ? up but it was worth....getting to boo Bush one last time was great too

? so lame this year my job not even closing

Be safe! Be on your p and q's because your going to walk into a war zone.

It ain't going to be no war zone. Just a bunch of people blocking traffic in freezing weather
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-even-trump-friendly-artists-wont-perform-at-his-inauguration-w457677
    Why Even Trump-Friendly Artists Won't Perform at His Inauguration

Afraid of media circus, musicians are steering clear of president's swearing in, according to music managers

Weeks before Donald Trump's presidential inauguration, the subject of securing performances has been contentious. Last night, the president-elect weighed in on the debacle (on Twitter, naturally), saying in his inimitable way that he didn't need "so-called 'A' list celebrities." "I want the PEOPLE!" he tweeted. But according to top music managers, Trump's team has been hustling to secure a high calibre of talent and star-power for the event nonetheless.

"We've gotten calls that almost sound a little bit desperate: 'Does anybody want to perform?'" says Ken Levitan, a top music manager who represents liberal and conservative artists including Kings of Leon, Hank Williams Jr., Lynyrd Skynyrd and Emmylou Harris. "At this point, we haven't had anybody that has any desire to perform at the inauguration.

"Even if you're a Trump supporter, you've got to look at how he plays the media [and] the public, in terms of how he attacks and twists things around. I've got to think there's a fear of talking about things and working with him," Levitan continues. "I do know some of the very conservative [artists] have no desire to do it. ... [They] just don't want to be involved in the circus — it's a media circus, and not necessarily in a good way."

Elton John, Garth Brooks and Celine Dion have reportedly turned down offers. Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli was allegedly turned down by Trump, according to inaugural committee chairman Thomas J. Barrack, Jr. And most recently, The Beach Boys, who've performed at events for Presidents Reagan, Clinton and George H.W. Bush, have said they're considering an invitation to perform at an inauguration event, according to a representative for the band. So far, the confirmed inauguration performers include the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Radio City Rockettes and 16-year-old singer Jackie Evancho.

"They want to be cool and they want to be hip, but the problem is, they're not, and no one's going to go along with the charade," says Simon Renshaw, a Trump opponent who manages the liberal Dixie Chicks. "And the stuff they could get, they're looking at it and going, 'We're going to have Ted Nugent and Kid Rock — oh my ? , that doesn't look like an inauguration, that's going to look like a bar-room redneck brawl.'"

Nugent and Rock, both of whom supported Trump during the election campaign, are rumored performers at the inauguration, but Rock's manager wouldn't comment and Nugent reps did not respond to calls and e-mails. Other Trump-friendly artists, including Kiss' Gene Simmons and country legend Loretta Lynn, also did not respond. Lee Greenwood, who has sung his signature hit "? Bless the USA" on stage with five presidents, changed the subject in a brief phone call: "The information that you requested about me being at Trump's inauguration is not confirmed yet," he said. "I'm sure we'll know shortly."

Some smaller artists have half-jokingly suggested they'd perform for the right price. Matt Healy, singer for rock band The 1975, told the BBC: "I'll do it if they give me cash up front. ... What do I want? Well, he's got gold seatbelts in his plane—so at least a million quid." Others have tried to draw invitations in exchange for political statements. In a statement to Rolling Stone, former Sam and Dave singer Sam Moore, who appeared at an Obama ball in 2009, said he would perform in exchange for explaining to Trump that artists need more fair radio royalty rates. "If I could get him to listen to me, it would be worth all the hell I might be subject to for agreeing to performing," Moore said.

Numerous top music-business sources denied reports that Trump's administration was offering ambassadorships to potential inauguration performers or their representatives.

The president-elect's inauguration reps did not respond to requests for comment, although Charles Koppelman, a veteran record exec who is co-managing Prince's music, defended the incoming administration. "I would not think it would be difficult at all to get performers," says the Trump supporter. "When the president asks, you usually show up."

"At the end of the day, almost 50 percent of the country voted for the guy. I have artists who were pro-Trump — none of them have been called," says Allen Kovac, manager of Motley Crue, whose singer Vince Neil was "uninvited" to perform. "Musicians tend to be more liberal than the rest of the public — if you're black, or a woman, or Hispanic, you may have a point of view that makes you feel uncomfortable [after] a very contentious race for president."
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By time the inauguration comes, he going to have Joker The Bail Bondsman performing at it smdh
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac gonna come back to life and perform and Trump and him will reunite the division of the races and bring true peace.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol it would be funny as heck if they did get Tupac hologram to perform though!
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Like I've said before, the entire political process is trash

But I find it funny that the people that DO believe in the political process, only believe in it if THEIR side is the winning side

I strongly believe in the political process. In fact, this past election should prove that the process actually works. Trump wasn't even an underdog. He was a joke before the election season. If the powers that be wanted someone in office, it would've been bush or Clinton, right??

What people don't get is how certain ? don't vote or participate in the political process, then complain about how ? is politics as usual. ? protest with signs and ? . Racist White people protested by voting and donating to people that supported their cause. Who won??
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gene Simmons, outspoken ? ? and frontman of terrible band KISS, is mad about it.

"I think celebrities should basically shut their pie hole and do what they do best: act, sing, tap dance, juggle ? , and do all that kind of stuff. And then do what an informed citizen does: draw the curtain, vote your conscience, go in there and vote."

When TMZ asked if he would then be performing at the inauguration, his wife and daughter cut him off to yell NOOO. Basically it sounds like he wants to but wife and daughter won't let him LOL

Watch:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SN3ux9DSpoc&ebc=ANyPxKr3wiHkrHG2uJBd6ZTNQ0kXNmZNTotDvY-Y_0is-agEQ6giFzU8xa8Q1-CAWngaOs411KyYoQBHK_bxzD77VeK66PYyvQ
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    By time the inauguration comes, he going to have Joker The Bail Bondsman performing at it smdh

This song would fit perfectly too!... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP-7pghuyHA
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Guess who's going????.....

91041995.jpg

Transgender icon Caitlyn Jenner accepted an invitation to attend President-elect
    Donald Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20, Us Weekly reported, citing a source.

The reality star is a staunch Republican who spoke out against Hillary Clinton
    in the months leading up to the election on her show "I Am Cait."

Jenner, 66, initially offered to become a "trans ambassador" for Trump's
    opponent Ted Cruz during the race for the American seat of power, but she
    also praised Trump multiple times in the months leading up to the election.

"He seems very much behind the LGBT community because of what happened
    in North Carolina with the bathroom issue. He backed the LGBT community,"
    she told STAT in June.

Shortly after a discriminatory bathroom law passed in North Carolina that ruled
    transgender citizens had to use the bathrooms assigned to their birth genders,
    Trump invited Jenner to use whichever bathroom she wanted in any of his
    buildings.

She took him up on the offer in April.

Jenner also opined Trump "would be very good for women's issues" on her E!
    Network reality series.