7 Reasons You Should Acknowledge and Respect Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5

Options
13»

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Sexual abuse ain't funny
    But I'm glad you guys got some lol's out a dude just trying to get y'all to listen to some music bringing up sexual assault as a joke

man...stop letting all the smoke out the room

its funny b/c the story he told was a lie...dont be that guy fam

i never seen 5 grand even give out an LOL let alone joke like that, the way others do
    obviously ? didnt happen how he said, but ? did happen to that man
    f joking about abuse just cause he wants you to listen to some music

fam...nobody got ? ...c'mon my g
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's a show from 1979

Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel ? it at 41:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1cwREtFg_0
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Here's a show from 1979

This is the same is the NBA back in the 40's and 50's. Sure they innovated the game and they had some flashy jump shots. But as soon as ? came thru and in the 80s and 90's started having crossovers and 3 point lines and advanced dunks the ? was 10 times better. Thank you white dudes from the 40's but the golden era of the NBA was in the mid 80's to late 90's.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Here's a show from 1979

This is the same is the NBA back in the 40's and 50's. Sure they innovated the game and they had some flashy jump shots. But as soon as ? came thru and in the 80s and 90's started having crossovers and 3 point lines and advanced dunks the ? was 10 times better. Thank you white dudes from the 40's but the golden era of the NBA was in the mid 80's to late 90's.

First of all, Wilt Chamberlian scored 100 points back in the day. Not sure who was guarding him but that must have been a sight to see.

Second of all, here's a song by Lil Yachty. This disproves whatever point you're trying to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvpWJKRPadk

Third of all, I'm not saying you have to agree that Old School rap is "better" (whatever that means) than 2016 rap. But you should at least acknowledge it and give it a listen and dialogue about it.

If the IC unanimously agrees that old school Hip Hop shouldn't be discussed than they should change the name of the website.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yo dawg, if u search Grandmaster Flash on this site, there's 38 pages full of threads with his name in it. I'd say that's a little more than being acknowledged. Relax.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait someone played wit his bootyhole
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Yo dawg, if u search Grandmaster Flash on this site, there's 38 pages full of threads with his name in it. I'd say that's a little more than being acknowledged. Relax.

And if you search Gucci Mane on this site theres 100 pages full of threads with his name on it.

I'm not trying to be controversial or argumentative but Grandmaster Flash has made a bigger impact on Hip Hop than Gucci Mane. You'd think that on a website called "Allhiphop.com" there's would be more Grandmaster Flash threads than Gucci Mane threads.

And Grandmaster Flash still tours so its not like he's washed up or there's no reason to make a thread about him. In fact, I'd wager that Grandmaster Flash makes more money touring and tickets to see Grandmaster Flash would cost more than tickets to see Gucci Mane.

And I don't have anything against Gucci Mane but it is what it is.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This guy upset because of how many pages an artist has?

Smh..didn't no one teach you to pick your battles

I don't like Gucci but his cheapest tickets for his next event is $94...grandmaster Flash next event is $21, using the same site
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

And if you search Gucci Mane on this site theres 100 pages full of threads with his name on it.

I'm not trying to be controversial or argumentative but Grandmaster Flash has made a bigger impact on Hip Hop than Gucci Mane. You'd think that on a website called "Allhiphop.com" there's would be more Grandmaster Flash threads than Gucci Mane threads.

And Grandmaster Flash still tours so its not like he's washed up or there's no reason to make a thread about him. In fact, I'd wager that Grandmaster Flash makes more money touring and tickets to see Grandmaster Flash would cost more than tickets to see Gucci Mane.

And I don't have anything against Gucci Mane but it is what it is.

This makes 0 sense. He tours with new music? No, his music is filed in Hip Hop history, this site included, only so much u can talk about. Gucci Mane still puts out new music, your best bet is to stroll on by it and pay it no mind like I do. How is that difficult to understand? You're a grown ass man sir
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    All I'm saying is that a Hip Hop fan should acknowledge and respect Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5.

I made a poll last week asking which group should go. The choices were Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5, A Tribe Called Quest, NWA, Wu Tang, Public Enemy, Outkast and The Roots.

It must be a generational thing because I remember when Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 were hot and I can't conceive of voting them off. I mean its unfathomable how they could have lost that poll in a landslide. The results weren't even close. Objectively speaking they are the single most important group in the history of Hip Hop (and they have the sales, awards and accolades to prove it). I'd take that position and argue it to the death.

I'm the only person on this site that remembers when top 40 radio used to play The Message, White Lines, I Feel For You and New York New York. I remember the period between 82-84 when Melle Mel was dropping a new single every couple of months. For whatever reason they never made a proper album but they certainly have enough material for a double disc CD.

So I made this thread.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I'm saying is that a Hip Hop fan should acknowledge and respect Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5.

I made a poll last week asking which group should go. The choices were Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5, A Tribe Called Quest, NWA, Wu Tang, Public Enemy, Outkast and The Roots.

It must be a generational thing because I remember when Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 were hot and I can't conceive of voting them off. I mean its unfathomable how they could have lost that poll in a landslide. The results weren't even close. Objectively speaking they are the single most important group in the history of Hip Hop (and they have the sales, awards and accolades to prove it). I'd take that position and argue it to the death.

I'm the only person on this site that remembers when top 40 radio used to play The Message, White Lines, I Feel For You and New York New York. I remember the period between 82-84 when Melle Mel was dropping a new single every couple of months. For whatever reason they never made a proper album but they certainly have enough material for a double disc CD.

So I made this thread.

Create ur own website then.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had their moment ....... pioneers, a classic single along with a few other dope singles but that's where it stops ....... their career has no real longevity ...... every thing else they put out didn't have impact and couldn't hang with the next wave of MC's Mel solo career is weak af

The Message gets credited to the five but Flash doesn't co-sign it because the group wasn't on it ...... Mel only verse that he wrote for the song was recycled from another song ....... even his verse on 'I Feel For You' was a recycled verse ..... plus the 12" came with a version without his rap verse on it that gets played on the classic R&B stations more than the version with him on it.
    Listen, I'm not trying to tare these dudes down but you're love for them has you blinded from the truth .......

their impact is up for argument with Sugarhill Gang and Run DMC ..... let's keep it a buck

And all the ranting that you're doing is not helping these young cats appreciate the old school hip hop ........ just drop a classic here and there ...... cats give up props when it's something they like ......nothing less
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something is wrong with you bruh

You're Reading comprehension skill is lackluster
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Wait someone played wit his bootyhole

ucmam34e27nf.gif