John Kerry Defends 2-State Solution as 'Only' Path to Peace for Israelis and Palestinians!

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
America is on a collision course with destiny! What a travesty! America continues to lead from behind!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/john-kerry-defends-state-solution-path-peace-israel/story?id=44430523

John Kerry Defends 2-State Solution as 'Only' Path to Peace for Israelis and Palestinians

By MARIAM KHAN Dec 28, 2016, 11:58 AM ET

Secretary of State John Kerry today defended the two-state solution, saying it's "the only way to achieve a just and lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians."

In a final bid to strike a peace accord as the Obama administration winds down, Kerry added, “Both sides must act now to preserve the possibility of peace.”

“Friends need to tell each other the hard truths. Friendships require mutual respect,” he said in remarks at the Department of State, seemingly directing his comments toward Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Referring to the recent U.N. vote condemning Israeli settlements, from which the United States abstained, Kerry said, “The vote in the United Nations was about preserving the two-state solution. That’s what we were standing up for, Israel’s future as a Jewish and democratic state … That’s what we are trying to preserve, for our sake and for theirs.”

“Here is a fundamental reality: If the choice is one state, Israel can either be Jewish or democratic. It can never be both.”

He stressed his view that nothing about a two-state solution, meaning an independent state of Palestine next to Israel, would negatively affect Israeli security.

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The end of this story has already been written. It just amazes me how people are still so clueless. You can not divide the land of Israel. It was given to Abraham and his descendants forever by the eternal covenant ? established with Abraham in Genesis 12. ? will always keep His promises. And people who fight against Him will soon figure out that they are no match for the Creator of dust. The prophet Joel tells us that the people will divide the land for gain in the last days. But the end of the matter will be the utter destruction of all the nations.

For It was written, therefore it shall be done. Amen.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods gonna come back cuz some land disputes. Crazy how he didn't come back when africa was being ? of its people and resources a few hundred yrs. Selective ass ? .
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gods gonna come back cuz some land disputes. Crazy how he didn't come back when africa was being ? of its people and resources a few hundred yrs. Selective ass ? .

Only the chosen peoples matter bruh.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good I agree with that decision. The greedy Israelis need to quit being thugs and conquerors
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It worked for India and Pakistan
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    imgoingtoheavenru? Members Posts: 291 ✭✭
    Options

It wasn't the appointed time my friend. But now is the season. For we are not to be ignorant of the times and season of His return if you are a child of light. Hope you wake up before it's too late! For King Jesus is coming and BOY is He angry!

Amen!
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

You are either a Saint or an ain't! You get to choose what you want to be. Amen.
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Good I agree with that decision. The greedy Israelis need to quit being thugs and conquerors

How? What have they conquered? They've actually given land that belongs to them.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not gonna lead to peace...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

How? What have they conquered? They've actually given land that belongs to them.

How does land belong to you if you weren't there first? No Bible this and that just be real. It's like British and Dutch saying South Africa is our land and yet they have no recent ancestry there for tens of thousands of years but these people been there tens of thousands of years. It makes no sense to just uproot people who have a chronological and documented history there for thousands of years. That's what I mean
  • AZTG
    Options
    It really is the only option. I mean, neither side is ever gonna be ok living under the other. Never gonna be a stable part of the world until a true two state solution is put into place.

But, the reason why this is a bigger deal with every passing year is that, this was never a secutiry issue for the US. Israels treatment of Palestinians were and is the number one cause of any radicilization used by Islamist to radicalize the youth.

Before Al Qaeda and 9-11, this was an issue but never a threat to the homeland or Europe. After 9-11, and increasingly so, these radical islamists are becoming a bigger and bigger threat to the US and Europe.

Also, the economic theory in the world has been shifting with globilization. Before, an unstable region of the world would economically ? that region. Now, the instability of a place like Iraq, Syria, or Israel/Palestian affects the world, icluding the US. Economic theory of 50 years ago for example was he who controls the resources has the power. With that in mind, the US would support brutal regimes in the mid-east, latin america, and africa because they would mean they would control the resources, chose how its exported and who its exported too.

Now though, its much easier to trade between countries. Any country could essentially trade with the other. So, today economic theory is shifting to the idea if a place is stable, they can produce more resources amd maxamize output which will benefit all.

With that idea in mind, the first real step to stabilizing the middle east is to fix the Israeli-Palestinian issue.

Ofcourse, as with any revolution in thought, there will be groups who are against the change and try to hold onto outdated principles. The Trump administation is going to be that.
  • AZTG
    Options
    And the settlement issue is not all its going to take to fix the issue.

And a post here will never be enough to talk about different sides of the israeli-palestinian issues, but, Palestianian leaderships is just as much to blame as the Israeli leadership.

Lets not romanticize the issue and make it sound like Palestine is just an innocent victim and big bad Israel is just killing them.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It wasn't the appointed time my friend. But now is the season. For we are not to be ignorant of the times and season of His return if you are a child of light. Hope you wake up before it's too late! For King Jesus is coming and BOY is He angry!

Amen!

That sucks, that millions died and it still wasn't the time. Kinda hard to have faith in something like that.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

So in other words he white?
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    Options
    It worked for India and Pakistan

How?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never understood and probably never will understand how my brown skin people hail these European imposters as ? 's chosen people. No logical sense to it at all.

I just pray to ? that I'm alive to see that evil country burn to the ground.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All religious ramifications aside... They should've done this decades ago. It's too late for "peace".

? Israel look like recognizing them as a state when Palestinians don't even recognize Israel right now.

what I don't get is why the Palestinians just don't go to Saudi Arabia where all their Holy sites are.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We (Black people) are the chosen people..
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All religious ramifications aside... They should've done this decades ago. It's too late for "peace".

? Israel look like recognizing them as a state when Palestinians don't even recognize Israel right now.

what I don't get is why the Palestinians just don't go to Saudi Arabia where all their Holy sites are.

Cause your assumption is loaded with ignorance fam, not only are most christians running the old churches there palestinian, there are several islamic holy sites over there, the most important one in Jerusalem...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    And wtf should they leave their own land anyway?
  • HundredEyes
    Options

And a post here will never be enough to talk about different sides of the israeli-palestinian issues, but, Palestianian leaderships is just as much to blame as the Israeli leadership.

Lets not romanticize the issue and make it sound like Palestine is just an innocent victim and big bad Israel is just killing them.

They are/were innocent victims though, there was nothing honest or cool with the UN giving/taking the land back in 48...that was an act of war by itself...David Ben Gurion said it out loud back then, repeated it in his memoirs...hamas was born in a refugee camp...all extremes are present during war and they have been conditioned since before all of us were born sans @Cain
  • Inglewood_B
    Options

Cause your assumption is loaded with ignorance fam, not only are most christians running the old churches there palestinian, there are several islamic holy sites over there, the most important one in Jerusalem...

The "holy site" in Jerusalem is like 3rd most important to Islam, where as for Hebrew/Christians it is the #1 place.

Basically their whole beef is wanting to dominate that whole region. ? Islam it's a trash religion. One of the worst in history
  • AZTG
    Options

They are/were innocent victims though, there was nothing honest or cool with the UN giving/taking the land back in 48...that was an act of war by itself...David Ben Gurion said it out loud back then, repeated it in his memoirs...hamas was born in a refugee camp...all extremes are present during war and they have been conditioned since before all of us were born sans @Cain

You right about that. The way it started was complete bs. But im talking in the years since. Palestinian leadership could have done better.

Legitly, the people from both sides are cool with peace. If you told them they were going to the 2 state solution the people will agree to it and be cool. In a few generations the hate might even die down.

But, you cant tell me the leadership on either side actually want peace
  • AZTG
    Options

The "holy site" in Jerusalem is like 3rd most important to Islam, where as for Hebrew/Christians it is the #1 place.

Basically their whole beef is wanting to dominate that whole region. ? Islam it's a trash religion. One of the worst in history

Bruh. Smh. Islam is a religion, palestinian is a ethinicity. Why would Saudis accept millions of Palestinians to just live in their country?

Its like saying, the US is Christian, Mexicans are christians, why dont they just let Mexicans in the country?

Germany is Christian and so is Brazil, why dont the Germans take in every improvished Brazilian?

I mean, Islam is a trash ass religion. So yea we agree but the rest of that ? is ? .
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    1. We do let Mexicans into the country. I live in LA, you can't tell me otherwise.

2. There's a huge ? ocean between Germany and Brazil. So no... of course THAT doesn't make sense.

3. Israel to Saudi Arabia
    bet71ev9xqm0.png