What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is there ANY hip hop pioneers that DONT sound dated?

2»

Replies

• soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    OUTKAST

YOU CAN STILL BUMP ANYTHING FROM AQUEMINI ON UP AND IT SOUNDS NEW

They said pioneers tho. Rappers from 84-87.

Outkast are pioneers.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters 'Sippi LandPosts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krs one sound like 1989 still in recent "freestyles" and tracks I've heard ... kool mo dee actually sound like he could shit in this generation doesn't sound dated (see art of hip hop) ... anybody else come to mind?

Yep KRS-One is just non-sense on this track, lol.
  • 270crownst270crownst Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kool genius of rap!!!!
  • TayGettem TayGettem Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    OUTKAST

Cube was arguably my favorite from 88. But dudes rhymes been booty butt cheeks since 2000 and up

LOL @ pioneers being from 84-87.

The pioneers are from 1973-1980

So what u saying is u old enough to be my grandpa u wrinkly rape victim bastard

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Everybody says things on the Internet they wouldn't say in person let's be realistic here. But what I'm saying is true. I'm 24 born in 92 so u either old enough to be my grandpa or dad and u did say u got raped by a pimp on speed. I ain't saying nothing u didn't gemme da ammo to use.
    An I swear @5grand that u and @genocidecutter love sayin wild ass shit on here then catch feelins when yall get roasted with it like yall didn't tell us this shit yall selves like we just gonna forget lol
    bck145
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 13,160 Regulator
    Pioneers from 73-80?? Lmaaooo

Yea Good luck finding any rappers from that time.

And I already mentioned Caz.
    Alpha_Ambition
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUTKAST

Cube was arguably my favorite from 88. But dudes rhymes been booty butt cheeks since 2000 and up

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Everybody says things on the Internet they wouldn't say in person let's be realistic here. But what I'm saying is true. I'm 24 born in 92 so u either old enough to be my grandpa or dad and u did say u got raped by a pimp on speed. I ain't saying nothing u didn't gemme da ammo to use.

1. I don't say anything to any posters or anything about any artists that I wouldn't say to their face.

2. You've probably been raped by a pimp on speed and didn't know it. I'm trying to tell you how the game works. You said yourself that I'm old enough to be your father. I'm trying to give you some wisdom but you're too stupid to listen to what I'm telling you.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

TayGettem BenjaminE
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,689 Regulator
    OUTKAST

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

1. I don't say anything to any posters or anything about any artists that I wouldn't say to their face.

2. You've probably been raped by a pimp on speed and didn't know it. I'm trying to tell you how the game works. You said yourself that I'm old enough to be your father. I'm trying to give you some wisdom but you're too stupid to listen to what I'm telling you.

This
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    Busta Carmichael
    OUTKAST

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Ion know what u on but getting raped on speed ain't happening where I live u. U just funny style b
    bck145
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUTKAST

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Bro whatever kind of history lesson your trying to give isn't working....a lot of that shit from the late 70's and early 80's was wack and we could do without your childhood stories

Your not giving anyone wisdom...your coming off as the mumble rap version of all hip hop posters
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
  • ownershipownership Posts: 14
    Kool Keith's style is so offbeat, original, and futuristic that you can't put a timestamp on it. In fact, if he came out in the 2000s, his style would've been more popular.
    RawAce
  • slickwattsslickwatts Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Go listen to melle Mel and tell me niggas today are better than him
  • Cigarello SlimCigarello Slim Legalize Never Criticize Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already been mentioned but without a doubt...

Caz, Rakim, LL, G Rap & Kane
    Smoke Sumthin' Ya Bish
    Preach2Teach
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ownership wrote: »
    Kool Keith's style is so offbeat, original, and futuristic that you can't put a timestamp on it. In fact, if he came out in the 2000s, his style would've been more popular.

Was recently listening to the black Elvis album and had the same thoughts