Lee Daniels on #OscarsSoWhite: ‘So What?’ ‘Stop Complaining, Man’…

Options

Comments

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    He act like our people don't put it in the work. Smh. Delusional ? . Why we always gotta be the bigger person? Why we the ones that always have to keep our mouths shut and soldier on? That ? is mad annoying.

It's not about "white acceptance", it's about being on an equal playing field with everyone else. There have been so many instances where our actors and actresses perform phenomenally in a film and the ? gets brushed aside. Or when they do get recognized, it's because of a negative/subservient portrayal.

? is tired of having to fly before we're recognized and paid when white folks can just walk and the ? is heralded like the second coming of Christ.

Lee Daniels can disappear tomorrow and the black community would be better for it. How the creator of the biggest pile of trash on TV in Empire talkin ? ? Foh... SMH
  • mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options
    Never been a fan of this ? . Suck ass movies and TV shows that I've never watched and never will. Stay faggotting and cooning and shutup.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    How u a ? and a ? ?

Lol/goat/ether/cosign
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes paid up .. so you know how negroes get brand new and ingratiate themselves with white people for personal gain and "status"..
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    What is he even talking about? Oscars so white was last year and the new nominations ain't even out yet so who is he telling to stop complaining?

Right! That ? is sooooo last season wtf kinda ? ? is this.

Aye @Bussy_Getta lemme buy you a drank
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What is he even talking about? Oscars so white was last year and the new nominations ain't even out yet so who is he telling to stop complaining?

First you GOAT them SZA pics I posted in The Reason and now this...

g18p2lqb6haa.jpg
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »
    He's kinda right but....

This the ? that said his TV series is gonna heal the nation bc he got a white lead character right?

How the hell do you even come to that conclusion?

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/553765/lee-daniels-says-he-made-star-lead-character-white-because-the-country-needed-to-heal

• atribecalledgabi
    Options

g18p2lqb6haa.jpg

SZA is body goals and Pico always hold it down
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

g18p2lqb6haa.jpg

SZA is body goals and Pico always hold it down

Smh, go on and ruin my lil fantasy then. Lol
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee Daniels is a sodomite who gives a ? what cockboi says
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with his statement on the Oscar's. The issue is bigger than an award show and it's likely it will end up like the Grammy's where certain artist will be winning the awards to cover up the real issue.

john boyega can really change the game for black actors
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now when I said most black shows/movies are trash, I got bashed. However, look at the kind of people that comes up with this ? . Ya'll really believe someone who thinks the way he does is creating quality media?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now when I said most black shows/movies are trash, I got bashed. However, look at the kind of people that comes up with this ? . Ya'll really believe someone who thinks the way he does is creating quality media?

Even though we ain't talking about them so are most white shows and movies.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90% of TV and movies are white....but his ? is helping build white confidence in a hateful society?

I'll await black Hollywood to call this ? out

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90% of TV and movies are white....but his ? is helping build white confidence in a hateful society?

I'll await black Hollywood to call this ? out

Black hollywood answer to the bold
    67216906.jpg

• sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options
    He must want Empire to end.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with his statement on the Oscar's. The issue is bigger than an award show and it's likely it will end up like the Grammy's where certain artist will be winning the awards to cover up the real issue.

Why? Cuz he's in Star Wars? I'm sure he'll be able to REALLY change the game for black actors...

giphy.gif

We good, everyone. All past and future transgressions against black entertainers can be forgiven cuz we got a ? in Star Wars.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We've had main characters in stars was for awhile the only reason us black nerds are hype is because he could be the black luke skywalker

And it's extra cool to see some ? like that but if hollywood was going to follow George lucks we would of had more black actors as main characters in white movies a long time ago
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet he won't say the same for how ? are treated. ? blacks fight harder for their acceptance and equalities as ? than they do as blacks.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most ironic thing is one day ? is gonna dry up for him, then it ll be how come black ppl dont support one another....
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Once he got outed (lol) for lying on Monique I was done with him. Only seen the first 2 episodes of Empire so I didn't miss anything as evidenced by this thread. And won't check anything of his in the future.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Being in the world of Hollyweird, I can tell you this is done by design. They push non-threatning sterotypes. Black females almost always are fat, loud, and not all that attractive. If they are attractive....then they're almost always loud and sketchy. Black dudes who act like they're from the burbs are portrayed as smart, and everyone else gets the fatherless oppressed background story. You rarely get anything outside of those two roles. Which is why Bill Cosby is such a scumbag from ruining the legacy of the Cosby Show.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Said this a few years ago in regards to empire
    Lets just face it ? love garbage ? ... Black makes a great point that there are shows/movies that draw on the same elements. But some ? is easily digestible you dont feel an eerie sense of exploitation/ sensationalism/niggerism for a lack of a better word...(we all know what it is not easily encapsulated into a neat short definition).

and this

I always felt it was another caricature thats why i never wanted to watch the show .. Didn't intrigue me in the slightest bit. it just seemed from the jump that they were selling fictional ? that people within and outside of the diaspora would readily eat up for their own fantastical reasons.

But of course its a hit.. in the same way Mcdonalds has over a billion served.

It its racialized in some respects... however this is garbage stereotypical ? that people try to emulate and on the other side look at as truths