How are yall dealin with your kids going to school with trans kids?

Options
13»

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Let me ask y'all a serious question..... your son comes home and said dad I met this girl at school and I really like her .... Time goes on to pass and he develops and emotional connection to this said girl then he finds out it's a ? transformer.... now junior is confused and still has an emotional connection because you can't just stop caring....one is he ? .?...2 what do you do as a parent??

No he's not ? if he genuinely thought the ? was a female.
    Imma go talk to her parents first, I believe I can articulate myself well enough to make valid pc points. Then imma talk to my son and hope he don't flip out to the point where he commits a hate crime.

That's one way he could react, but what if the emotional connection confuses him at that young age?
    zzombie wrote: »
    Let me ask y'all a serious question..... your son comes home and said dad I met this girl at school and I really like her .... Time goes on to pass and he develops and emotional connection to this said girl then he finds out it's a ? transformer.... now junior is confused and still has an emotional connection because you can't just stop caring....one is he ? .?...2 what do you do as a parent??

emotional connections can be broken.

I agree however in the case that it is not or can not be broken what is to be done??

The world can be confusing enough for a child , last thing I want is another variable that can negatively affect my child on top of the many
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this ? breitbart?

See, this is where we going now. We have to either co-sign this liberal stupidity that we never accepted in our community....or we're breitbart. I feel bad for the kids, and again we're talking about KIDS here. It's the parents who are out their damn minds and ruining these kid's lives. Let them get homeschooled, why should the other students have to change their bathrooms, sports teams, and so on to appease crazy liberals.

I mean I guess it's good progressives have moved on from the Margret Singers of the world, but this ? is still ? in the head. They started out wanting to purge the population of us and other races, and now morphed to a war on masculinity and genders.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Imma go talk to her parents first, I believe I can articulate myself well enough to make valid pc points. Then imma talk to my son and hope he don't flip out to the point where he commits a hate crime.

That's one way he could react, but what if the emotional connection confuses him at that young age?

I agree however in the case that it is not or can not be broken what is to be done??

The world can be confusing enough for a child , last thing I want is another variable that can negatively affect my child on top of the many

It can be broken.

one of the first things my father taught me was how to accept pain and suffering as just being part of life. If you teach a child how to deal with that then the hurt and long term consequences that can come from the unwanted removal of emotional attachments will be mitigated

The world will always be confusing even for adults so you can only offer limited protection to your kids from these variables.... but if you get your child's total trust then THE ODDS that he will believe that your way of thinking is totally correct and will believe what you believe about these social ills like transgenderism will go up
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like he thinks he ? or some ? ?!?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall sound white af

@Max. Get your punk ass in here
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Meh, no big deal to me,some of yall ? actin like its a damn virus and your kids gonna come home ? one day after being around one, its not that serious
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Meh, no big deal to me,some of yall ? actin like its a damn virus and your kids gonna come home ? one day after being around one, its not that serious

Trannies are "straight"
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well technically he would be ? because being ? is just being attracted to the same sex....so he would be emotionally attached and attracted to a transformer

It can be broken.

one of the first things my father taught me was how to accept pain and suffering as just being part of life. If you teach a child how to deal with that then the hurt and long term consequences that can come from the unwanted removal of emotional attachments will be mitigated

The world will always be confusing even for adults so you can only offer limited protection to your kids from these variables.... but if you get your child's total trust then THE ODDS that he will believe that your way of thinking is totally correct and will believe what you believe about these social ills like transgenderism will go up

I can agree but it's almost like in the perfect society where all fathers are involved in their child's life, that would be the ideal solution...but most people spend more time at work than with their kids ...and we clearly can't trust society to do what's in our interest...I guess it's one more thing to consider when deciding on bringing children into this world
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id be more worried about teaching my kid how they will be treated unfairly at some point in they life because theyre a diffient skin color, as oppossed to why lil billy at school would rather be lil susie
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Same way ima deal with anything else that I'm not about - mind my business and ? jokes and/or sit down and have a talk or two if need be.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Normal kids will be fine. I feel more pity for the trans children. Kids are ? savage... sending/allowing your kids to go to school like that in the first place is a parenting fail, and you setting your child up to be bullied/ridiculed.

Your job as a parent is to protect your children, including from themselves. I'm bout as liberal as it gets but I wouldn't let my child be out there like that.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well technically he would be ? because being ? is just being attracted to the same sex....so he would be emotionally attached and attracted to a transformer

It can be broken.

I can agree but it's almost like in the perfect society where all fathers are involved in their child's life, that would be the ideal solution...but most people spend more time at work than with their kids ...and we clearly can't trust society to do what's in our interest...I guess it's one more thing to consider when deciding on bringing children into this world

I would just hope for the best I guess ? idk ?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Imagine your kid being friendly and all and made best friends with a ? kid bringing he/she home after school, texting, etc....

Now your kid is being normalized to it and it's okay in their mind.

You gotta sort that ? out before or after it potentially occurs....

Parenting nowadays is a minefield.