Woman Shoots Boyfriend In Head While He's Driving

13»

Comments

• LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Water wrote: »
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Wow, all of this was close to home, literally. R.I.P.
    blackrain wrote: »
    So many threads about shooting it's sad yet people still think gun ownership is a good idea

You G.damn right. You shouldn't use one example to make a sweeping generalization. I bet you that ? didn't have that gun registered to her or have her ccw. I can't stand all you gun-control advocates, especially ones that don't live in the country. There's a simple solution to gun control that NOBODY has proposed -- harsher sentencing for guns that aren't registered and in the hands of unlicensed people. Problem ? solved.

With that being said:

BooThisMan.gif

That's not going to deter people from illegally owning a gun

Nothing will, but it's better than proposals that only serve to make it difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain firearms while doing nothing for people that have them illegally.

Just explain to me what the purpose of owning a gun? help me understand this Gun culture

Honestly, it's not obvious? It's not really about gun culture or other things that you think it might be about, like machismo or paranoia.

Simply put (or imho), it's primarily about self-defense: defending yourself, your loved ones, and your property. I honestly find it odd how people either don't understand that or don't agree with that. Why would anyone be against self-defense, which is an essential component of individual liberty?

If no one had a gun doesn't that eliminate the threat and the need of having one for self defense?

Australia changed their gun laws made it almost impossible for people to obtain one and they are happier for it there has been 0 mass shootings and a reduction in rates of firearm-related homicide and suicides.

Do you travel a lot? If so you must prefer the fact you don't have to have your guard up to that level of needing a gun.

When my family visit from the states they prefer how safe they feel here I'm just Confused why everyone wouldn't want that instead we are reading and hearing constantly about someone that's been shot it's sad.

The US is not the UK or AUS. They're not comparable. Bully for you and your country if y'all don't need guns, but things are drastically different here.

The whole "Well, we don't have guns so why do you guys need 'em?" argument is both baseless and stupid.

But your avoiding the fact that it's achievable.

https://youtu.be/mVuspKSjfgA

It's not achievable. I bet Australian natives wish they had guns. The UK is a fraction the size of the us with a fraction of the population.

Humans are not born with natural defenses like sharp teeth or claws nor are humans particularly fast. In fact as a mammalian species humans are rather weak and slow. The reason we are outside the food chain for the most part is due to our ingenuity and mental acuity. We are able to think around our problems. The firearm is the hallmark of that innovation. It's a force multiplier. So to rob human beings of guns is the same as defanging a snake or declawing a cat. Leaving them virtually defenseless in the world.

Being that all living things have a basic right to self defense or protection i find gun bans to be wack af
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »
    So many threads about shooting it's sad yet people still think gun ownership is a good idea

You G.damn right. You shouldn't use one example to make a sweeping generalization. I bet you that ? didn't have that gun registered to her or have her ccw. I can't stand all you gun-control advocates, especially ones that don't live in the country. There's a simple solution to gun control that NOBODY has proposed -- harsher sentencing for guns that aren't registered and in the hands of unlicensed people. Problem ? solved.

With that being said:

BooThisMan.gif

Nothing will, but it's better than proposals that only serve to make it difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain firearms while doing nothing for people that have them illegally.

Just explain to me what the purpose of owning a gun? help me understand this Gun culture

Honestly, it's not obvious? It's not really about gun culture or other things that you think it might be about, like machismo or paranoia.

Simply put (or imho), it's primarily about self-defense: defending yourself, your loved ones, and your property. I honestly find it odd how people either don't understand that or don't agree with that. Why would anyone be against self-defense, which is an essential component of individual liberty?

If no one had a gun doesn't that eliminate the threat and the need of having one for self defense?

Australia changed their gun laws made it almost impossible for people to obtain one and they are happier for it there has been 0 mass shootings and a reduction in rates of firearm-related homicide and suicides.

Do you travel a lot? If so you must prefer the fact you don't have to have your guard up to that level of needing a gun.

When my family visit from the states they prefer how safe they feel here I'm just Confused why everyone wouldn't want that instead we are reading and hearing constantly about someone that's been shot it's sad.

The US is not the UK or AUS. They're not comparable. Bully for you and your country if y'all don't need guns, but things are drastically different here.

The whole "Well, we don't have guns so why do you guys need 'em?" argument is both baseless and stupid.

It's not achievable. I bet Australian natives wish they had guns. The UK is a fraction the size of the us with a fraction of the population.

Humans are not born with natural defenses like sharp teeth or claws nor are humans particularly fast. In fact as a mammalian species humans are rather weak and slow. The reason we are outside the food chain for the most part is due to our ingenuity and mental acuity. We are able to think around our problems. The firearm is the hallmark of that innovation. It's a force multiplier. So to rob human beings of guns is the same as defanging a snake or declawing a cat. Leaving them virtually defenseless in the world.

Being that all living things have a basic right to self defense or protection i find gun bans to be wack af

what are you on about.. My point is why not build a society where they are not fearful of someone else attacking them with a gun... The UK is a model where we are not living in fear that we need a weapon to defend ourselves. obviously there something sick in the country where everyone feels it essential to have a weapon to protect themselves. Instead of fixing the situation you are just adding to it.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

With that being said:

BooThisMan.gif

what are you on about.. My point is why not build a society where they are not fearful of someone else attacking them with a gun... The UK is a model where we are not living in fear that we need a weapon to defend ourselves. obviously there something sick in the country where everyone feels it essential to have a weapon to protect themselves. Instead of fixing the situation you are just adding to it.

And how the hell do you propose this country go about completely disregarding the constitution and seizing firearms from all the people that legally own them -- basically robbing us of our constitutional rights? When you pry them out my cold, dead fingers? Cuz that's the only way you getting my ? . I'm not going to willingly give up things that I protect my family with and worked my ass off to obtain. And if you think I'm the only one that has this mentality, you are sorely mistaken.

This entire country is filled with people that are 10x worse than me when it comes to guns.

? is wrong witchu? Why the hell you tryna solve American problems when you live across the pond and have no idea what it's like over here? That'd be like me tryna come up with solutions to Brexit. I don't live there, so it's not my place to do so.

Stay in your lane, bruh.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

With that being said:

BooThisMan.gif

And how the hell do you propose this country go about completely disregarding the constitution and seizing firearms from all the people that legally own them -- basically robbing us of our constitutional rights? When you pry them out my cold, dead fingers? Cuz that's the only way you getting my ? . I'm not going to willingly give up things that I protect my family with and worked my ass off to obtain. And if you think I'm the only one that has this mentality, you are sorely mistaken.

This entire country is filled with people that are 10x worse than me when it comes to guns.

? is wrong witchu? Why the hell you tryna solve American problems when you live across the pond and have no idea what it's like over here? That'd be like me tryna come up with solutions to Brexit. I don't live there, so it's not my place to do so.

Stay in your lane, bruh.

obviously it will be a process it wouldn't happen straight away but people will see the benefits.

As for the bold We get the news about shootings in america we hear about the fake gun talk conversation we hear people saying they need it for protection we never see a solution when its basically something that'ss achievable.

I'm not trying to solve america problem at all i'm trying to understand why YOU want to live in fear and you haven't given me a reason other than this is how it is.

"bruh"

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

With that being said:

BooThisMan.gif

Stay in your lane, bruh.

obviously it will be a process it wouldn't happen straight away but people will see the benefits.

As for the bold We get the news about shootings in america we hear about the fake gun talk conversation we hear people saying they need it for protection we never see a solution when its basically something that'ss achievable.

I'm not trying to solve america problem at all i'm trying to understand why YOU want to live in fear and you haven't given me a reason other than this is how it is.

"bruh"

I don't live in fear or paranoia, smart guy. Don't patronize me either, you ? ? . It's called preparation. Haven't you heard, "I'd rather have and not need, than need and not have"?

We don't want to give up our guns. It's as simple as that. There won't be a solution, because there isn't one. It's ingrained into the fabric of our society.

We deal with it and we live here, so you looking down your nose at us is really just a waste of your energy.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted American dis armed..every gun destroyed..
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gun talk is cool and all but does anyone know if she if free or nah?

Also, I'm trying to get Mark O'Mara on the case but so far his firm hasn't responded back to my VM
  • King$osa
    King$osa Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    ChiCity wrote: »
    This gun talk is cool and all but does anyone know if she if free or nah?

Also, I'm trying to get Mark O'Mara on the case but so far his firm hasn't responded back to my VM

I got a dub for the GoFundMe campaign
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lack of ? it takes to shoot someone in the head while they are operating a vehicle you yourself are also in...

harvey_dent.jpg
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and no, but as others have pointed out, I believe that your premise (i.e., if no one had a gun) is not very much attainable in America, and I believe that this is the case for multiple reasons, whether those reasons are good or bad. I believe that you must understand this point if you want to understand the current debate.

Do I travel? Locally? Yes. Internationally? No. But your (unwarranted) assumption is kind of vague and confusing. I must prefer to not have my gun if I travel? What? I'd prefer to have my gun with me most of the time, regardless. Like others have said, it's better to be protected than to not be protected. You act as if I'm a criminal or an irresponsible gun owner, constantly in a state of paranoia. I'm not. You also seem to think that I share your hatred/fear of guns. I don't. You also assume that it's impossible for me to travel to a country other than Australia or the UK, like a country where it would actually be wise to be armed.

Like others have pointed out, I think your understanding of America and gun ownership is not accurate. I can arm myself and still enjoy my day without trembling in fear anticipating the next "gun massacre." International media has got you and a lot of non-Americans fooled. It's not the Wild Wild West over here (excluding Chicago). The majority of America is actually very peaceful, and crime is generally on the decline. Don't believe the hype.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, I think your implied point is stumped by the idea that having the Second Amendment revoked is not a tenable solution.

And as others have pointed out, Australia is very different from America. I believe that many of the comparisons that people make between America and *insert other Western country* are flawed. Again, I believe that this point is essential to understand. Many of those comparisons dismiss the vast differences in population, politics, histories, even geography, etc.

You also have to acknowledge that a black market exists for "illegal" guns. The worst-case yet possible scenario is that making gun ownership virtually impossible leaves illegal guns in the hands of criminals and either leaves law-abiding citizens vulnerable or actually turns these law-abiding citizens into criminals for disobeying the the "no-gun" laws.

I've heard it isn't as peachy as you claim about Australia, and if Australia is a good example, there are certainly bad examples, from Brazil (or at least I think it's Brazil that I'm thinking of) to USA's own Chicago. And there are plenty of Western countries like Denmark and Norway that have heavy gun ownership and low gun violence. I don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be, especially when you consider USA's own idiosyncrasies.

And to a lesser point, we all know that taking away guns doesn't necessarily take away the violence, even if it might take away the gun violence. I wouldn't be surprised if other forms of violence (from knives to bombs) suddenly rose if guns were taken away.

I believe the best option is to focus on the root of gun violence, because, as Norway has demonstrated, people can have a healthy and proactive relationship with guns. Guns are just tools. We shouldn't blame or fear the tools but instead the people using them. I believe that ending the drug war, cracking down on violent crimes and gangs, cleaning up our big cities, seriously treating mental illness, etc., are more effective and less lazy "solutions" to the problem at hand.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it was an accident.
  • Chi Snow
    Does anyone have an update on Martina Westcott?

and by update I mean pics.....
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Chi Snow
    10538024_10100128619083547_571814772885753918_n.jpg?ssl=1

ioJtrQP.png
    Aye!!!!

Good looking out
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lack of ? it takes to shoot someone in the head while they are operating a vehicle you yourself are also in...

? can get like that sometimes with the wrong person bruh

they'll literally have you so mad you dont care about ?

dont act like im the only one thats pulled the "? i'll ? us both" on the highway and ? towards the guard rail a couple times

funny how a crazy mf will have you doing crazy ? trying out-crazy they crazy ass.....but you gotta let em know lol
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

ioJtrQP.png
    Aye!!!!

Good looking out

hol up cuz? this ? aint do no time ??
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HafBayked wrote: »

dont act like im the only one thats pulled the "? i'll ? us both" on the highway and ? towards the guard rail a couple times

funny how a crazy mf will have you doing crazy ? trying out-crazy they crazy ass.....but you gotta let em know lol

You and @Dupac alone in that bruh

heqyg4rxnxhk.jpg
  • Chi Snow

ioJtrQP.png
    Aye!!!!

Good looking out

hol up cuz? this ? aint do no time ??
    I think she haven't went to trial yet

Hopefully she flood her IG b4 she locked up
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HafBayked wrote: »

tenor.gif