jt039d7xqy0q.gif

hmax6t25kiug.jpg

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    3K Is much better than Big
    P. Town wrote: »
    Scarface is better than Biggie

we're waiting for a west coast answer, idk why Cain brought the south into it lol.

But no. 3k is as good as Big yes, don't really see how he's better. Scarface Andre BIG are all in my top 10 but Face is definitely not better in any way.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

They both will tell you themselves they are not better than Biggie.. Truth be told.. Both of them ? have been influenced by Big as well.. But ya'll don't hear me though.

Also.. How the hell y'all gonna say Biggie can't be the GOAT cuz he only put out 2 albums.. Then turn around and nominate one half of a duo who to date has never even released a solo project..

C'mon son.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Lol there is no westcoast or south emcee better than Big.

I'm sure some regional ? will come in here
    and say a Devin the Dude or a Mac Dre type ? is better than Big. Lol KYS in advance

I mean. I gotta be from A region. I am in America

But I'm not from ATL

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

They both will tell you themselves they are not better than Biggie.. Truth be told.. Both of them ? have been influenced by Big as well.. But ya'll don't hear me though.

Also.. How the hell y'all gonna say Biggie can't be the GOAT cuz he only put out 2 albums.. Then turn around and nominate one half of a duo who to date has never even released a solo project..

C'mon son.

All I know is Outkast dropped a Album in 94 (same year as ready to die) and I didn't here the influence BIG had on 3K

So just stop. 3K wordplay is GOAT.

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure some regional ? will come in here and say a Devin the Dude or a Mac Dre type ? is better than Big. Lol KYS in advance

U dont want these hands old timer
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Play hard like Reggie Miller, rapper slash dope dealer
    Slash guerilla, slash illest turned illa..."
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no unanimous goat in hip hop.

That's the main point. There's no one general consensus choice for the title of GOAT, tho the Mt. Rushmore of Hip-hop has been generally accepted over the last 15 years as:

BIG
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay

I personally think Rakim Allah should be on that Mt, but that's just me....
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Mister B. wrote: »
    There's no unanimous goat in hip hop.

That's the main point. There's no one general consensus choice for the title of GOAT, tho the Mt. Rushmore of Hip-hop has been generally accepted over the last 15 years as:

BIG
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay

I personally think Rakim Allah should be on that Mt, but that's just me....

Agree and c/s on Rakim
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    So what if it's old. It's a part of history. BIGGIE NEVER RESPONDED. WHY? I remember back in high school everyone was waiting on Biggie like "Any moment now." LOL!

Just a few from all over.

WEST
    2Pac
    Ras Kass
    Kendrick
    Ice Cube

South
    Scarface
    Andre 3000

Midwest
    Common
    Lupe Fiasco

East
    Nas
    Jay-Z

And there's plenty of albums that SOUND better than Big's first two projects. example: Dr.Dre's "The Chronic" and Snoop's "? " and Cube's "Most Wanted" and "Death Certificate" and Public Enemy projects. Just a few.

Big's albums are not a golden shrine. LOL!

Is RTD a classic? Yes

Is Biggie one of the top MCs of all time: Yes

GOAT - NO

Damn. LOL! Yall act like by saying Kendrick is better, I'm saying Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer is better than BIG.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    So what if it's old. It's a part of history. BIGGIE NEVER RESPONDED. WHY? I remember back in high school everyone was waiting on Biggie like "Any moment now." LOL!

Just a few from all over.

WEST
    2Pac
    Ras Kass
    Kendrick
    Ice Cube

South
    Scarface
    Andre 3000

Midwest
    Common
    Lupe Fiasco

East
    Nas
    Jay-Z

And there's plenty of albums that SOUND better than Big's first two projects. example: Dr.Dre's "The Chronic" and Snoop's "? " and Cube's "Most Wanted" and "Death Certificate" and Public Enemy projects. Just a few.

Big's albums are not a golden shrine. LOL!

Is RTD a classic? Yes

Is Biggie one of the top MCs of all time: Yes

GOAT - NO

Damn. LOL! Yall act like by saying Kendrick is better, I'm saying Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer is better than BIG.

How many rappers you listed in your opinion is Kendrick better than?
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even west coast legend Cube said Biggie will always be the King of NY (i think it was on vh1 hip hop honors the same year NWA was honored)...he even jacked a Biggie line and made it a chorus to one of his songs Child Support: "Nothing but my children, 1 shot they disappearing"

***Cube a West Coast legend, I must of seen him get asked atleast 5 times (even on this site), who his top 5 mcs are, and he NEVER mentions Pac
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Even west coast legend Cube said Biggie will always be the King of NY (i think it was on vh1 hip hop honors the same year NWA was honored)...he even jacked a Biggie line and made it a chorus to one of his songs Child Support: "Nothing but my children, 1 shot they disappearing"

***Cube a West Coast legend, I must of seen him get asked atleast 5 times (even on this site), who his top 5 mcs are, and he NEVER mentions Pac

What does a West Coast rapper saying a NY rapper will always be the King of NY mean? That don't phase what's going on where he's at. Not saying Cube is better than Biggie or Biggie is better than Cube. That's like Lebron James saying Russell Westbrook is the best player in the Western Conference. He didn't say he was better than him, he said he's the King over there.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator

C'mon son.

4g3dtm4j0992.gif
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lethal5 wrote: »

What does a West Coast rapper saying a NY rapper will always be the King of NY mean? That don't phase what's going on where he's at. Not saying Cube is better than Biggie or Biggie is better than Cube. That's like Lebron James saying Russell Westbrook is the best player in the Western Conference. He didn't say he was better than him, he said he's the King over there.

It means i respect his opinion on this topic more than y'alls
  • EmM HoLLa.
    edited January 2017
    What yall don't know.. Is that Diddy directed outkast Playas Ball video.. There was a relationship between Kast and Bad Boy. Big actually listened to Outkast when he recorded Ready to Die and Outkast listened to Big. There was a mutual respect between the MC's but again yall ? don't hear me..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure some regional ? will come in here and say a Devin the Dude or a Mac Dre type ? is better than Big. Lol KYS in advance

Cube and Scarface beg to differ
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, BIG always been dope. But Pac was better. And Future was right when he said Jay made good music, but he was just a stomp in the way while the goats were getting they shine on.....
  • Stew
    What yall don't know.. Is that Diddy directed outkast Playas Ball video.. There was a relationship between Kast and Bad Boy. Big actually listened to Outkast when he recorded Ready to Die and Outkast listened to Big. There was a mutual respect between the MC's but again yall ? don't hear me..

Nobody is arguing this tho. How does this translate to Biggie influencing Scarface and Outkast?
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Bruh if you can't see how that translates to influence I don't know what else to tell you. I'm also not saying it was one sided either.. They all influenced each other.. The game was a lot smaller back then..
  • Stew
    Bruh if you can't see how that translates to influence I don't know what else to tell you. I'm also not saying it was one sided either.. They all influenced each other.. The game was a lot smaller back then..

But Outkast put out an album BEFORE Biggies debut. This doesnt make any sense.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big the best rapper and Big L was about to blow

Max B was about to be the biggest rapper in the game. Dip set one of the best groups of all time
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BobOblah wrote: »
    In zero categories is Kendrick better than Big

rambling without saying ?