What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Hip-HopDX - Biggie Ain't The GOAT

12346

Replies

  • ShizlanskyShizlansky ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Nigga dropped 4 albums before Big but Big influenced him.


    You just can't make this shit up

    Because artists that drop prior albums can never be influenced by someone after the fact? There has been many examples of this actually happening.

    Naw nigga.

    Just stop.

    You're wrong on this one. But here's some examples, Mariah Carey who is one of the greatest singers and biggest pop stars in history said that Bone Thugs influenced her, and they came out 4/5 years after her. Fat Joe who signed Big Pun has stated that Pun was an influence on him despite Pun being his artist and him dropping 2 albums prior to Pun. Kanye has even said that Drake has influenced him. I gave you 3 examples.

    No


    Go found find where Face said that. Don't give me examples of other ppl

    NO

    Show me where I said Scarface said he was influenced by Big? I'm correcting you about artists can't not be influenced by someone if they came out first.

    Somebody Big influenced Face. A cpl ppl laughed. We wanna see some proof.

    You gave proof of different artist. Which does not matter because we are talking about Face and you didn't even say it.
    (Really though?)
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • R2_163R2_163 ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    R2_163 wrote: »
    yo for every hot ice cube bar i can put 50 bars from biggie that would shit on it.
    that plus the fact that both of biggies albums are better than ice cube's disco.

    Niggas is really tweakin in this thread

    People are gonna have fun with this tomorrow.

    amerikkka's most wanted is cubes best shit. it's a classic no doubt but you're telling me it's farfetched to say both of big's albums were better?




    2lw6u74.jpg
  • aneed123aneed123 ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Lol there is no westcoast or south emcee better than Big.

    I'm sure some regional jackass will come in here and say a Devin the Dude or a Mac Dre type nigga is better than Big. Lol KYS in advance

    Cube and Scarface beg to differ

    Lyrically the both of them are not superior to BIG.

    Overall they are better...
    CSOPQSoloman_The_WiseAggieLean.
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will Biggie be the GOAT in the reason? because I thought it was Nas?

    btw Big was great & have two classic albums but others have more than 2 classics along with a dope catalog, such as Face. Face have the greatest of all time catalog
    giphy.gif

    Me: Have you ever heard of T. Sanford

    Karla: Yeah

    Me: This is T. Sanford, Come on down here and let me tap that ass
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,210 Regulator
    R2_163 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    R2_163 wrote: »
    yo for every hot ice cube bar i can put 50 bars from biggie that would shit on it.
    that plus the fact that both of biggies albums are better than ice cube's disco.

    Niggas is really tweakin in this thread

    People are gonna have fun with this tomorrow.

    amerikkka's most wanted is cubes best shit. it's a classic no doubt but you're telling me it's farfetched to say both of big's albums were better?




    I didn't say nothin lol
    *~queenbee~*
  • Ether44magEther44mag ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    There's no unanimous goat in hip hop.

    That's the main point. There's no one general consensus choice for the title of GOAT, tho the Mt. Rushmore of Hip-hop has been generally accepted over the last 15 years as:

    BIG
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay


    I personally think Rakim Allah should be on that Mt, but that's just me....

    Agree and c/s on Rakim

    shit off course pac cant be on the MT Rushmore over Rakim and Big daddy kane

    Rakim
    Big daddy kane
    Kool G Rap
    Krs One

    Those 4 names are the architects of Modern Rap without these 4 guys (5th one would be Slick Rick) Biggie,Nas, Jay z ,big pun ,Ice Cube etc would have no one to help them mold their own styles. now of course career wise they are not the 4 biggest but 90% of rappers are their Sons (6th could be LL)
    tumblr_o017j545Qo1rk74v1o1_400.gif
    raekwon-polo-ralph-lauren-usa-pullover-hoodie-sweater-wu-tang-clan.jpeg
    gif is Taylor Hing aka Chinesekitty


    Soloman_The_Wise
  • anduinanduin ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For his time he was and we don't have to pretend like his tracks are the best for the rest of time. People getting way too mad about lists like they matter.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • DOPEdweebzDOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzPosts: 29,364 Regulator
    Its called an opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree either way.

    New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • x the unknownx the unknown ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Nas 1a and Big 1b best ever period

    you smoking crack
    my top five
    1. nas
    2. styles p
    3. scarface
    4. skillz
    5. lloyd banks
    Soloman_The_WiseCSOPQ
  • TDUB1TDUB1 ✭✭✭✭ RIP James Tapp aka the real souljaPosts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    BIG IS DEFINITELY TOP 5 BUT NOT GOAT .HES STILL BETTER THAN EVERY ARTIST RHYMING TODAY DAMN NEAR.I LIKED PAC MORE THO .BIG WAS MAD ILL WISH WE COULD HAVE SEEN HIM GROW UP AND MATURE.ITS HARD TO PICK A GOAT THERE HAVE BEEN A GOOD BIT OF GREAT ARTIST IN THERE PRIME IN HIPHOP.
    Mr 202
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z the GOAT
    (Really though?)
    double0sugeMr 202
  • x the unknownx the unknown ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. Niggas out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

    haa at big never having a wack verse
    my top five
    1. nas
    2. styles p
    3. scarface
    4. skillz
    5. lloyd banks
    Soloman_The_WiseMidwest_Journalist gman82AggieLean.
  • Midwest_Journalist Midwest_Journalist ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. Niggas out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

    haa at big never having a wack verse

    Say what you want to about Kendrick ... he hasn't said some shit like this:

    " When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
    You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"

    Ain't no bitch in the universe that fine. If so God had to keep her for himself. LOL!

    KC-Royals-World-Champions-logo.jpg
    ltc513h60qiq.jpg
    wf3kcijf8o0k.jpg
    TheGOATSoloman_The_Wisegman82rip.dillaAggieLean.Tsotsi Cape Town
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. Niggas out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

    haa at big never having a wack verse

    Say what you want to about Kendrick ... he hasn't said some shit like this:

    " When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
    You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"

    Ain't no bitch in the universe that fine. If so God had to keep her for himself. LOL!

    Word...

    "...Three niggas in one room, first time I was tossed...”

    “Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst”

    :lol: :bawling: :lol:
    U know u cant compare kendrick spitting from a female characters pov to Biggie talking about sucking dick from his own pov

    Rofl...

    But you can compare a Richard Pryor joke...

    Gotcha...

    *~queenbee~*
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. Niggas out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

    haa at big never having a wack verse

    Say what you want to about Kendrick ... he hasn't said some shit like this:

    " When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
    You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"

    Ain't no bitch in the universe that fine. If so God had to keep her for himself. LOL!

    Word...

    "...Three niggas in one room, first time I was tossed...”

    “Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst”

    :lol: :bawling: :lol:
    U know u cant compare kendrick spitting from a female characters pov to Biggie talking about sucking dick from his own pov

    Rofl...

    But you can compare a Richard Pryor joke...

    Gotcha...

    Richard Pryor actually sucked dick before in his real life

    Pryors joke was based on his actual life experiences

    Cocaine is a hell of a drug

    I know...

    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Midwest_Journalist Midwest_Journalist ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. Niggas out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

    haa at big never having a wack verse

    Say what you want to about Kendrick ... he hasn't said some shit like this:

    " When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
    You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"

    Ain't no bitch in the universe that fine. If so God had to keep her for himself. LOL!

    Word...

    "...Three niggas in one room, first time I was tossed...”

    “Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst”

    :lol: :bawling: :lol:
    U know u cant compare kendrick spitting from a female characters pov to Biggie talking about sucking dick from his own pov

    Exactly. LMAO!!!!
    KC-Royals-World-Champions-logo.jpg
    ltc513h60qiq.jpg
    wf3kcijf8o0k.jpg
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • ikesmoodikesmood ✭✭✭ Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    not with just 2 studio albums
    TheGOATSoloman_The_Wisegman82king hassan
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. Niggas out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

    haa at big never having a wack verse

    Say what you want to about Kendrick ... he hasn't said some shit like this:

    " When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
    You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"

    Ain't no bitch in the universe that fine. If so God had to keep her for himself. LOL!

    Word...

    "...Three niggas in one room, first time I was tossed...”

    “Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst”

    LOL GOT EM!!!!!!
    achewon87*~queenbee~*
  • Midwest_Journalist Midwest_Journalist ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. Niggas out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

    haa at big never having a wack verse

    Say what you want to about Kendrick ... he hasn't said some shit like this:

    " When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
    You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"

    Ain't no bitch in the universe that fine. If so God had to keep her for himself. LOL!

    Word...

    "...Three niggas in one room, first time I was tossed...”

    “Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst”

    LOL GOT EM!!!!!!

    ... dude was rapping from the mind/perspective of a ho in his neighborhood in the second verse (the first was from the perspective of a Piru Blood friend and the third is his own).

    He wasn't volunteering to suck three dicks ... LOL!

    KC-Royals-World-Champions-logo.jpg
    ltc513h60qiq.jpg
    wf3kcijf8o0k.jpg
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Next thing u know ppl gonna start caping for Mister Cee because "Well, Eddie Murphy got pulled over with that tranny prostitute in his ride"
    Actually if I remember right he had a bunch of prostitutes and cocaine in Telly that got raided and one of them turned out to be a tranny when they were booked...


    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

    Originally Posted by south4life

    "I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

    I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
    achewon87gman82rip.dillaTsotsi Cape Town
Sign In or Register to comment.