northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    Can you really blame them??

Serve the people.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    Can you really blame them??

My thoughts exactly. They made a point of saying "strong." Anyone who's been around weed smokers knows that ? can be very strong and offputting for people in the vicinity. Imagine trying to eat your food being seated next to it.

One of the reasons i never got into weed, i hate the smell
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a problem but I think, like yall have said, that it's a slippery slope. I smoke weed but not tobacco and frankly the odor of tobacco (cigars esp ? damn) is way more offensive than marijuana.

Sidenote: It seems dumb as hell froma business perspective. You don't want someone with a major appetite in your establishment spending money? Bet the TGIFs in Washington, Colorado, etc. dont enforce this.
  • northside7
    edited January 2017
    Dont smoke so i have no dog in this fight... but what about cig smoker.. or people that smell like wet dog or onion on the side

That's my point. Cig smokers smell foul as ? . Then you have people that just stink. But weed smokers are a problem.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weed ain't legal everywhere
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called hygiene...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    So the smell of somebody who has smoked weed is really so bad that people can't eat ?

This is news to me and I'd need proof to believe this.

And as already stated, what about the numerous other funky MFs in the world ?

Why didn't this sign just say "STRONG OFFENSIVE ODORS" instead of specifically targeting people who smoke weed ?

It's not a matter of whether they can or can't eat. It's a matter of whether or not it detracts from their experience at the restaurant. I'm betting they made this rule in response to complaints they've received.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good.

I'm not trying to smell that ? when I'm trying to eat.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Family friendly environment, weed heads need to deal with it
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the smell of somebody who has smoked weed is really so bad that people can't eat ?

Why didn't this sign just say "STRONG OFFENSIVE ODORS" instead of specifically targeting people who smoke weed ?

It's not a matter of whether they can or can't eat. It's a matter of whether or not it detracts from their experience at the restaurant. I'm betting they made this rule in response to complaints they've received.

If that's the case, why single out marijuana smokers ? Are they the only ones who "detract from the experience" ? I seriously doubt it - partially because I have never been so bothered by the remnant smell of weed on a person, and partially because I'm inclined to believe this is something else.

Like I said, why is the sign so specific ?
  • northside7

If that's the case, why single out marijuana smokers ? Are they the only ones who "detract from the experience" ? I seriously doubt it - partially because I have never been so bothered by the remnant smell of weed on a person, and partially because I'm inclined to believe this is something else.

Like I said, why is the sign so specific ?

C/S the bold. So people stinking of cigs/tobacco and people with bad hygiene are permitted but weed smokers will be singled out and discriminated against. And people are going to foolishly agree with that? Smdh. And then you'll have idiots talking about legality when there's no logic in that at all.

A bunch of three step backwards thinkers.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't blame them but, they shouldn't be letting cigarette smoke smellin-? slide just because there are more cigarette smokers. Cigarette smoke is my least favorite thing.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some scents are worse and more intolerable than others.... would you want to sit next to someone smelling like ? and s***???? No. Weed doesnt smell that bad but it's strong enough and off putting enough to warrant the ban
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kairo wrote: »
    I don't see a problem but I think, like yall have said, that it's a slippery slope. I smoke weed but not tobacco and frankly the odor of tobacco (cigars esp ? damn) is way more offensive than marijuana.

Sidenote: It seems dumb as hell froma business perspective. You don't want someone with a major appetite in your establishment spending money? Bet the TGIFs in Washington, Colorado, etc. dont enforce this.

bruh, old-school weed you might have a point. This newer ? that smells like a skunk? Nah b, I'll take cigarette smoke any day. ? I look like walkin around smellin' like I just got sprayed by Pepe Le Pew? I used to smell that ? when I visited my grandmother out in the sticks back inna day.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Kairo wrote: »

bruh, old-school weed you might have a point. This newer ? that smells like a skunk? Nah b, I'll take cigarette smoke any day. ? I look like walkin around smellin' like I just got sprayed by Pepe Le Pew? I used to smell that ? when I visited my grandmother out in the sticks back inna day.

In fairness i'm a weedhead but even cigarette smokers don't want to smell cigarette smoke when they eat.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their business, their choice.