blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cigarette smoke scent>>>>>Weed scent

That cigarette smoke smell is the dryest nastiest smell ever. Disgusting
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They both are terrible

cant for the life of me understand how you can get fresh then.. go smoke and ? up your fresh..

and as far as women smoking thats a no go
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    So the smell of somebody who has smoked weed is really so bad that people can't eat ?

This is news to me and I'd need proof to believe this.

And as already stated, what about the numerous other funky MFs in the world ?

Why didn't this sign just say "STRONG OFFENSIVE ODORS" instead of specifically targeting people who smoke weed ?

It's not a matter of whether they can or can't eat. It's a matter of whether or not it detracts from their experience at the restaurant. I'm betting they made this rule in response to complaints they've received.

If that's the case, why single out marijuana smokers ? Are they the only ones who "detract from the experience" ? I seriously doubt it - partially because I have never been so bothered by the remnant smell of weed on a person, and partially because I'm inclined to believe this is something else.

Like I said, why is the sign so specific ?

Because marijuana smoke is stronger and, like I said before, because they've probably received complaints specifically about the weed smell. I dislike the smell of smoke equally, so it's not like I'm biased for weed over cigarettes. Hell, I think smoking cigarettes is the stupider of the two actions. But I can tell you from experience that weed is a more overpowering and stronger smell.

When I first moved to my neighborhood, there were some knuckleheads that used to hang around outside and smoke all day in front of the house a couple doors down. When they were smoking cigarettes or black and milds, it was an annoyance, but the smell wasn't that big a deal especially when they had finished and were gone. But when they smoked weed, it was different story. It was like a punch to the face when you came outside while they were smoking, but what was even worse is that when you came out and they were gone you could still tell they had been out there because the smell lingered that much.

Another place you can see the difference is on public transportation. If a cigarette smoker passes by you, you're going to get a whiff of the smell and again it might be annoying. However, all a weed smoker has to do is get on the bus/train and its like the whole area is blanketed in the smell. It's different. Again smoking cigarettes is probably a worse habit than smoking weed on the whole, but the weed smell is way more pungent and obnoxious than the cigarette smell.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People been taking steps to not go in somewhere smelling strong like weed for a long time. Its common sense really. Make sure you aint so strong its an issue. Theres numerous ways to do this. That sign could be educational to some who I am assuming are mostly too young to really know better.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the smell of somebody who has smoked weed is really so bad that people can't eat ?

Why didn't this sign just say "STRONG OFFENSIVE ODORS" instead of specifically targeting people who smoke weed ?

It's not a matter of whether they can or can't eat. It's a matter of whether or not it detracts from their experience at the restaurant. I'm betting they made this rule in response to complaints they've received.

If that's the case, why single out marijuana smokers ? Are they the only ones who "detract from the experience" ? I seriously doubt it - partially because I have never been so bothered by the remnant smell of weed on a person, and partially because I'm inclined to believe this is something else.

Because marijuana smoke is stronger and, like I said before, because they've probably received complaints specifically about the weed smell. I dislike the smell of smoke equally, so it's not like I'm biased for weed over cigarettes. Hell, I think smoking cigarettes is the stupider of the two actions. But I can tell you from experience that weed is a more overpowering and stronger smell.

When I first moved to my neighborhood, there were some knuckleheads that used to hang around outside and smoke all day in front of the house a couple doors down. When they were smoking cigarettes or black and milds, it was an annoyance, but the smell wasn't that big a deal especially when they had finished and were gone. But when they smoked weed, it was different story. It was like a punch to the face when you came outside while they were smoking, but what was even worse is that when you came out and they were gone you could still tell they had been out there because the smell lingered that much.

Another place you can see the difference is on public transportation. If a cigarette smoker passes by you, you're going to get a whiff of the smell and again it might be annoying. However, all a weed smoker has to do is get on the bus/train and its like the whole area is blanketed in the smell. It's different. Again smoking cigarettes is probably a worse habit than smoking weed on the whole, but the weed smell is way more pungent and obnoxious than the cigarette smell.

Agree 100% weed smell is strong as ? and even lingers after dude smoking has left, while cigaratte is smoke is bad, its nowhere near as potent and from my experience you gotta be close as ? to someone to smell it on them
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They both are terrible

cant for the life of me understand how you can get fresh then.. go smoke and ? up your fresh..

Smoke and then get fresh. That's always the best way. There's so many ways to indulge without smoking. You can't say the same for cigs/tobacco.
  • northside7
    Options
    The argument for which is stronger is useless.

IMO cigs have a stronger and a much more stank odor and will linger for days. I've been around tobacco smokers for years. Those fools stink lol.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    any ? can print a piece of paper and take a picture of it.

We smarter than this.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good weed smells good
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    As someone who smokes weed on a daily basis I do think it's stupid when people are out in public places smelling like they literally just put a blunt out. It doesn't bother me personally, but when people got their kids around in a restaurant I can understand not wanting them to be around someone reeking of weed. As far as cigarettes, I detest the smell. Can't stand it at all. It literally gives me a headache when I smell them but the smell doesn't linger as long as weed does.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    any ? can print a piece of paper and take a picture of it.

We smarter than this.

Lol. Nah the sign was real. It was at a spot in Landover, MD. The company actually responded to the pic and made them take the sign down
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They both are terrible

cuz ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4LMTHDvl0E
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's co.e to this point, it's at least possible that the smell has caused problems for the establishment.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    Can you really blame them??

My thoughts exactly. They made a point of saying "strong." Anyone who's been around weed smokers knows that ? can be very strong and offputting for people in the vicinity. Imagine trying to eat your food being seated next to it.

One of the reasons i never got into weed, i hate the smell

Yeah I'll be over here lit af with my Pax 3 in the smell proof case.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good weed smells good

Only to us smokers lol. To non smokers the stronger the weed, the worse/stronger the smell.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cigarette smoke scent>>>>>Weed scent

That cigarette smoke smell is the dryest nastiest smell ever. Disgusting

so if cigarette smoke is the worst ? ever how is it better than weed scent?
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited January 2017
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Agree 100% weed smell is strong as ? and even lingers after dude smoking has left, while cigaratte is smoke is bad, its nowhere near as potent and from my experience you gotta be close as ? to someone to smell it on them

what the hell? IDK what cigarettes your people smoke but it dont work like that. cigarettes are ? STRONG. I can smell them ? before I even see the person. Yall got it twisted, it aint just tobacco there are ? thousands of chemicals in that ? . aint none of that ? in weed.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weed smokers are some sensitive damn ppl.
  • northside7
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

No. It's the non weed smoking people who are sensitive.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

No. It's the non weed smoking people who are sensitive.

Until weeds legal every where folks gonna trip plus gas do smell like skunk
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

right because we're the ones making laws banning people from businesses because of our sensitivity...
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their business, their choice.

Lmao this is dumb as ? you ? sound stupid
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol yall some ? . the ic is crazy, theres one thread and ? asking if its ok to beat a woman up and now people in this thread crying because the smell of weed ruined the succulent scent of their TGIF dinner. LMAOOO wild as ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    then start designating area for weed smokers..

simple..