Video: North Carolina pig slams a black teenage girl to the ground & briefly knocks her unconscious…

2»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Joe Mixon looking on in disbelief

Because these situations are comparable...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian B. wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    So the whole violence against females (Joe mixon) doesn't apply here?

Did she put hands on him?

Census says that doesn't matter

Lol says who?

The media, feminist, news outlets, Oklahoma and espn
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    So the whole violence against females (Joe mixon) doesn't apply here?

Did she put hands on him?

Census says that doesn't matter

Lol says who?

The media, feminist, news outlets, Oklahoma and espn

Where are the feminists and white folks to condemn this race soldier?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Was the white chick poor or did she come from money.

All I'm saying is that the ? that happens to black people when it comes to the cops doesn't seem to happen when it comes to white people with money whether its white schools or neighborhoods.

Like I said, I just saw the video. I don't know anything about her parents. But it shouldn't be that surprising that white people with money don't have to worry about ? like this. The police aren't stupid. They know who they can and can't get away with this ? against.

Thank you for agreeing with me and proving my point that this ? isn't a training issue. Which is all I was saying and my whole ? point.

A game dog thats trained to go doesn't see a rich ? fluffy poodle and think "I can't attack that poodle because its owner is rich and will have me euthanized if I attack it".

A trained cop has no picks and chooses rich and poor doesn't matter cause its always going to do what its trained to do no matter who or what.

So like I said its not a ? training issue if the police know not to pull that ? with rich white people.

Nobody said its surprising

I feel you, but you can't just say that these cases aren't training problems. There is a multitude of reasons why this ? keeps on happening: racism. lack of accountability, corrupt unions, training, etc...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I'm saying is that the ? that happens to black people when it comes to the cops doesn't seem to happen when it comes to white people with money whether its white schools or neighborhoods.

Like I said, I just saw the video. I don't know anything about her parents. But it shouldn't be that surprising that white people with money don't have to worry about ? like this. The police aren't stupid. They know who they can and can't get away with this ? against.

Thank you for agreeing with me and proving my point that this ? isn't a training issue. Which is all I was saying and my whole ? point.

A game dog thats trained to go doesn't see a rich ? fluffy poodle and think "I can't attack that poodle because its owner is rich and will have me euthanized if I attack it".

A trained cop has no picks and chooses rich and poor doesn't matter cause its always going to do what its trained to do no matter who or what.

So like I said its not a ? training issue if the police know not to pull that ? with rich white people.

I feel you, but you can't just say that these cases aren't training problems. There is a multitude of reasons why this ? keeps on happening: racism. lack of accountability, corrupt unions, training, etc...

I agree there is multiple reason why this is still happening but I just feel training is not one of those reasons.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree there is multiple reason why this is still happening but I just feel training is not one of those reasons.

Ok, we can disagree. I think training is an issue. I don't think it's the primary issue though. I think the same problems are a poor use of force policy and little to no accountability when they do something wrong.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article124579979.html
    After viral video, Wake County reviewing school policing rules

Cellphone video of a Rolesville police officer slamming a high school student to the floor could lead to changes in the way law enforcement operates in the Wake County school system.

School administrators are reviewing the district’s agreement with local law enforcement agencies on school resource officers. The agreement, which is set to expire in June, says use of force by officers must be reasonable and not excessive, arbitrary or malicious.

“We’re looking at the memorandum of understanding in terms of the context of the incident and seeing if any actions need to be taken,” Lisa Luten, a Wake County schools spokeswoman, said Wednesday.

A nine-second video posted on Twitter on Tuesday shows Officer Ruben De Los Santos lifting a female student into the air and dropping her to the floor before leading her away from a crowd of students at Rolesville High School.

De Los Santos was attempting to break up a fight involving two other female students when he grabbed the student. He was placed on paid administrative leave by the Rolesville Police Department until the investigation is complete.

The video has gained national attention, and some people are questioning whether the officer used more force than was necessary.

The controversy comes three years after local activists filed a federal civil rights complaint charging that school resource officers in Wake County use excessive force and treat minority students unfairly.

Under the agreement between the school system and law enforcement agencies, school administrators have the primary responsibility for maintaining order in schools and responding to disciplinary matters. But it also says school resource officers may intervene to ensure the immediate safety of people in the school “in light of an actual or imminent threat to health or safety.”

Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison, who has deputies at 20 schools, said he would wait to see what changes are suggested by school officials. He said he’d balk at changes that would instruct school resource officers not to get involved in breaking up fights.

“We can’t pick and choose,” Harrison said. “If there’s a fight in the street, we’re going to get in and break it up. If it’s a fight in a school, we’re going to break it up.”

Ken Trump, president of National School Safety and Security Services, an Ohio-based consulting firm, said Wake should avoid making any knee-? changes until the investigation into the Rolesville High incident is complete.

For decades, the school system has contracted with law enforcement agencies to provide an armed officer at every high school and more recently most middle schools. School resource officers provide security, speak in classes and mentor students.

Under an agreement approved in 2014, officers are supposed to receive training in areas such as working with students with disabilities and special needs, cultural competency and nondiscriminatory administration of school discipline.

‘Court of public opinion’

The school system’s review of the agreement comes amid ongoing investigations into Tuesday’s incident. Rolesville Police Chief Bobby Langston has asked the State Bureau of Investigation to look into what happened.

Police have provided few details about the incident other than to say De Los Santos was responding to a fight in the cafeteria.

In addition to the nine-second video, a second video has circulated on social media that shows a fight involving two other girls at the school shortly before the officer slammed the student to the ground.

De Los Santos was wearing a body camera, but police have cited the ongoing investigation as reason for not releasing the footage.

Trump, the school safety expert, said the wide circulation of the video means De Los Santos has already lost in the court of public opinion regardless of what the investigations find.

“While the individual incident may or may not be reasonable, that initial loss in the court of public opinion harms not only that officer but the profession of school-based policing in general,” Trump said.

Harrison cautioned against making a snap judgment based on a short video clip. He said he won’t “be a Monday morning quarterback” to judge the officer’s actions as right or wrong.

“Please don’t make judgments until people see what really happened,” Harrison said. “They turned it over to the SBI to investigate. I’ve got all the confidence in the world that the SBI will make the right decision.”

Federal complaint

But Jennifer Story, an attorney for Advocates for Children’s Services, said there is no way Tuesday’s incident can be justified. She said such incidents happen far more often in schools than people realize.

Story’s group was among several that filed a 2014 federal civil rights complaint accusing the Wake school system and local law enforcement agencies of unfair school policing practices. Wake County is the largest school system in North Carolina and the 15th largest in the nation.

“What’s unfortunate is the video yesterday was shocking to watch but isn’t surprising to see based on what we’ve heard happening in schools,” Story said.

Story said the current agreement needs to be changed to make it more clear when officers can get involved. She said that some school resource officers know not to get involved in minor school fights while others intervene and escalate the situation.

“It’s not every student targeted and treated in this manner,” Story said. “It’s overwhelmingly students of color where we see the situations being escalated and criminalized.”

Pam Akpuda, whose daughter shot the nine-second video, said she wants to talk to principal Dhedra Lassiter about what happened. In a message sent Tuesday to parents, Lassiter said she was “deeply concerned about what I saw in the video.”

“At the end of the day, we send these kids to school to learn,” Akpuda said. “When stuff like this is going on, that detracts from the learning process.”

Akpuda said she tells her children to be wary of of posting information on social media, but she’s glad her daughter captured the moment on video. She said she believes it’s good for students to bring cellphones to school.

“At the end of the day, I think it’s a necessity because you never know what’s going on,” she said.
  • stringer bell
    http://wncn.com/2017/01/04/sbi-investigating-video-of-officer-slamming-roleville-high-school-student/
    SBI investigating video of officer slamming Roleville High School student

ROLESVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is now working with Rolesville officials after a police officer was caught on video slamming a student to the ground on Tuesday.

Rolesville Mayor Frank Eagles said Wednesday the investigation into the incident, which involved a school resource officer and a teen girl, could “take several days.”

The incident took place just after 7 a.m. Tuesday at Rolesville High School.

The 15-year-old girl’s mother said she believes the officer used too much force and the girl received a concussion.

“We’re being very transparent, that’s why we asked the SBI, as a third-party, to review the investigation to make sure it’s done by the book,” Eagles said.

The incident was captured in an eight second video clip, but as the video flashed around web, it created an impression of Rolesville High School that Eagles thinks is undeserved.

“We’ve got a lot of good kids at the school I hope the town is not judged by this,” Eagles said. “It’s sad a few bad apples can make a reputation to go bad.”

Freddy Wrabner, attorney for the student’s family released a statement Wednesday evening.

“To body slam someone you have to grip them up firmly, hard enough. That’s one act. You have to lift them off the ground, that’s a second act and the third act you have to slam them to the ground. So that’s a three part intentional act. That’s criminal behavior,” Wrabner said.

The mayor also said he knows the officer involved, Ruben De Los Santos.

De Los Santos is “a good guy was well-liked by the kids,” Eagles said.

On Wednesday, the Rolesville police chief and other members of the department went to the school to talk to witnesses and review the school’s video of the incident.

The mayor said there was no animosity towards police by students when they visited the school.

The students “greeted them, opened doors for them,” Eagles said. “Nobody was cursing at them and nobody demonstrated.”

Students were talking about the video at school on Wednesday.

Smh...
  • D. Morgan
    http://wncn.com/2017/01/04/sbi-investigating-video-of-officer-slamming-roleville-high-school-student/

ROLESVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is now working with Rolesville officials after a police officer was caught on video slamming a student to the ground on Tuesday.

Rolesville Mayor Frank Eagles said Wednesday the investigation into the incident, which involved a school resource officer and a teen girl, could “take several days.”

The 15-year-old girl’s mother said she believes the officer used too much force and the girl received a concussion.

“We’re being very transparent, that’s why we asked the SBI, as a third-party, to review the investigation to make sure it’s done by the book,” Eagles said.

The incident was captured in an eight second video clip, but as the video flashed around web, it created an impression of Rolesville High School that Eagles thinks is undeserved.

“We’ve got a lot of good kids at the school I hope the town is not judged by this,” Eagles said. “It’s sad a few bad apples can make a reputation to go bad.”

Freddy Wrabner, attorney for the student’s family released a statement Wednesday evening.

“To body slam someone you have to grip them up firmly, hard enough. That’s one act. You have to lift them off the ground, that’s a second act and the third act you have to slam them to the ground. So that’s a three part intentional act. That’s criminal behavior,” Wrabner said.

On Wednesday, the Rolesville police chief and other members of the department went to the school to talk to witnesses and review the school’s video of the incident.

The mayor said there was no animosity towards police by students when they visited the school.

The students “greeted them, opened doors for them,” Eagles said. “Nobody was cursing at them and nobody demonstrated.”

Smh...

LLS at the SBI being considered a "third party" when is comes to investigating what happened.
  • D. Morgan
    Cain wrote: »

Smh...

LLS at the SBI being considered a "third party" when is comes to investigating what happened.

But they are tho........Local department handle all situations first then the SBI comes in and then the FBI if it goes that far. It's like that in every state.

1. Central investigation ie business or school
    2. Local Police department
    3. SBI
    4. FBI

Technically yes they are a third party but in reality they not a 3rd party.
  • stringer bell
    http://www.wyff4.com/article/nc-school-complaint-renewed-after-wake-county-student-slammed-to-ground/8567087
    NC advocates for young people are asking federal officials to respond to a complaint they filed more than six years ago

ROLESVILLE, N.C. —
    After a video showed a police officer slamming a student to the ground at a North Carolina high school, advocates for young people are asking federal officials again to respond to a complaint they originally filed more than six years ago.

A coalition of groups that includes Legal Aid of North Carolina sent a letter dated Thursday to the Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights, renewing concerns about the treatment of students in Wake County schools. The original complaint filed in September 2010 says Wake County schools discriminate racially when they mete out discipline.

A video posted on social media shows an officer at Rolesville High School lifting and dropping a student on her left side.

A Wake County schools spokeswoman didn't immediately respond to questions about the complaint.
  • stringer bell
    http://www.twcnews.com/nc/triangle-sandhills/news/2017/01/5/attorney-rolesville-hs-student-slammed-to-floor-suffered-concussion-.html
    Attorney: Rolesville HS Student Slammed to Floor Suffered Concussion

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A student who was slammed to the floor by a police officer in a North Carolina high school has suffered a concussion and may have other related health issues, her attorney said Thursday.

Jasmine Darwin is having headaches, vision problems and other issues associated with a concussion, attorney Freddy Rabner of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, said. Darwin, who was a student at Rolesville High School, sought treatment at a hospital twice and has follow-up appointments with several specialists, he said.

"She's a little 100-pound girl who was whipped to the ground so hard, she's sore everywhere," Rabner said in a telephone interview. "She's a mess. She's in pain."

A brief video posted on Twitter showed a police officer lifting and dropping a ? her left side, then pulling her to her feet and leading her away. The student who took the video, Ahunna Akpuda, has said Darwin was trying to break up a fight between Darwin's sister and another girl.

The video doesn't show what led up to or followed the episode. Akpuda said the officer arrived a few seconds after the girl tried to break up the fight.

"He drags her farther away from the actual fight after it was broken up," said Akpuda, who spoke with The Associated Press on the phone Wednesday, along with her mother. "That's when he proceeds to lift her up and slam her down to the ground."

The officer, identified by Rolesville officials as Ruben De Los Santos, is on paid administrative leave. Police Chief Bobby Langston said he has asked the State Bureau of Investigation to review the case.

Town officials have declined to answer additional questions, including whether they know if De Los Santos has an attorney. The Associated Press has been unable to reach the officer by phone or email.

The officer is Hispanic and Darwin is black, Mayor Frank Eagles said.

The video prompted the state's largest school district to take a fresh look at standards for officers assigned to work in schools. Wake County school officials will review the memorandum of understanding that places an armed police officer in every high school and some middle schools, district spokeswoman Lisa Luten said Wednesday.

De Los Santos has been assigned to the school since it opened in 2013, Eagles said. About 2,200 students in grades nine through 12 attend the school.

Wake County schools don't have their own police force so the district contracts with local police to place school resource officers on campuses. The agreement allows officers to use force but it cannot be "excessive, arbitrary or malicious."

Officials with the National Association of School Resource Officers wouldn't comment on what happened at Rolesville High School. The association's recommendations include starting with the selection of school officers, who must have the right mindset to work with young people, said D.J. Schoeff, a school officer in Carmel, Indiana, and NASRO second-vice president.

"Although we are law enforcement, that is the last-resort function that we have," he said. Building relationships, deterring crime and acting as an informal counselor or mentor are primary duties, he said.

NASRO estimates that 14,000 to 20,000 officers work in schools in the United States, he said. About 1,000 officers worldwide trained with NASRO last year, he said.