How Come Jordans Are The Only Sneakers That Sell?

Options

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    OK so how come Kobe Bryant's sneakers didn't sell?

I remember when Air Jordans came out in 1985 or 1986 (I think it was 1985). Jordan hadn't even won a championship yet and people were buying them. I don't even think he had won a dunk contest yet.

Kobe came in the league in 1997 and won 3 championships by 2002. Yet his sneakers were never selling like Jordans were selling before Jordan ever won a ring.

In otherwords, Air Jordans were selling before Jordan won a ring and Kobe Bryants sneakers didn't really sell after he had won 3 rings. Now Kobe's won 5 rings. He did everything right, he won the dunk contest, smiled for the cameras and was an all around likable guy, but his sneakers just didn't sell like Jordans.

Can somebody explain why?

Kobe was w/ Adidas first and most them ? was ugly. Plus I hardly remember any promo for Kobe, the one I remember was the one with folks yelling at him and that was just 2/3 years ago.

And Kobe didn't do everything right. That case in Eagle hurt a lil bit and he's not seen as all that likable especially after the Shaq ? .

Also it has nothing to do with championships. Lebron been selling shoes since he got in the league and just won his first chip 4 and half years ago. Plus who the ? goes to Foot locker/Athletes Foot etc, buys shoes based on how many championship someone has.

The same ? that buy shoes based on who makes them and what players name is on them.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why folks always gotta b brainwashed (not saying some aren't n not saying some don't buy just to fit in) is it possible that the young crowd never had a retro n finally had the money to cop so they did at rerelease. Is it possible that the shoe we find ugly appeals to others

you brainwashed if you worshipping, standing in line, etc... to buy a shoe by someone who you never saw play a game

you have been conditioned from birth, probably from their parents that jordan is the shoe to buy b/c it gives you the appearance to be cool

also, the same silhouettes have just continued to get released just with different colors. And the fact that you have folks that take pride in owning the same shoe multiple times is the very definition of brainwashing

I can see somebody kinda buy it on the strength of nostalgia, hell, i almost bout the Iverson Question's a couple of weeks ago b/c that was the very first pair of shoes i owned that were over $100 when i was in middle school, but i passed on it

but you cant tell me that this generation of kids arent brainwashed

hell my lil nephew mama buy him jordans...dude is 3...why?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Combination of the marketing/hype plus the designs. The Kobe shoes looked trash.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Because first the majority of them are fly, second rocking jordans gives you prestige no matter how minimal it is. Also the hype is just built up in the community, got my son some J's a few weeks ago and he was geeked to wear them and I dont even hype J's around him. Lastly people go years before owning a pair because they cant get them as a child and the desire for them builds and people start getting money and buy all the ones they wanted growing up.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    So we just gonna let "intents and purposes" cook?

As opposed to............?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    So we just gonna let "intents and purposes" cook?

That's the actually right way to say it. He did butcher Bolt's name though

Lol coulda swore it was intensive purposes, I'll take the L
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    It's weird at this point...they just keep re releasing the classics and people keep buying them

Yeezus just breathed life into Addidas though

yeh Adidas aint been playin NOOOOOOO GAMES as of late..

kicks.. clothin.. the whole nine..
    i jus bought this wind breaker..
    if i go back and get it a size smaller i can wear that ? to the ? club ? so fly! hahaha

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's weird at this point...they just keep re releasing the classics and people keep buying them

if i go back and get it a size smaller i can wear that ? to the ? club ? so fly! hahaha

Addidas been on some ? with the apparel for a minute now

I remember this African ? was rocking a different color Addidas sweatsuit everyday on campus

It would've been fly as hell til the ? started recycling to death and always matching the ? the same way
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, last question;

How come girls, especially black girls don't buy Serena's shoes?

I don't even know if Serena has her own brand of shoes without doing a google search but I've never heard anybody talk about them. You'd think Black girls in the hood would pay $100 for Serena's shoes.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Addidas been on some ? with the apparel for a minute now

I remember this African ? was rocking a different color Addidas sweatsuit everyday on campus

It would've been fly as hell til the ? started recycling to death and always matching the ? the same way

yeh i got like 3 pairs of the ultra boosts..
    joggers and ? .. i alwaya mix'em up..

i dont like bein matchy matchy tho so i wear other graphic tees amd my Chief sweaters wit them.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, last question;

I don't even know if Serena has her own brand of shoes without doing a google search but I've never heard anybody talk about them. You'd think Black girls in the hood would pay $100 for Serena's shoes.

Cuz black girls in the hood dont idolize Serena, they idolize the chicks on love and hip hop, plus they dont watch tennis, Who does? It tells how extraordinary Mike is, if only his shoes are selling.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    OK, last question;

Cuz black girls in the hood dont idolize Serena, they idolize the chicks on love and hip hop, plus they dont watch tennis, Who does? It tells how extraordinary Mike is, if only his shoes are selling.

Tennis is dope As hell

We'd dominate if more played. Our selfish ? should play and take it over

But tennis not cool in the hood sooooo
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because 90% of ball shoes are ugly as ? .
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is Hussein Bolt?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    Who is Hussein Bolt?

OK so maybe I butchered his name. But Usain Bolt broke the world record in 2012 and then broke it again in 2016

He's clearly the world's fastest man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u18_-87Pb6U

How come his sneakers don't sell?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is Hussein Bolt?

OK so maybe I butchered his name. But Usain Bolt broke the world record in 2012 and then broke it again in 2016

Bcuz his shoes are built for track and field and training. Also as famous as he is, he is only relevant to people in the U.S. during the Olympics.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Who is Hussein Bolt?

Bcuz his shoes are built for track and field and training. Also as famous as he is, he is only relevant to people in the U.S. during the Olympics.

Man nobody cares that his shoes are for track and field. Its not like people buy Jordans to play basketball.

It would stand to reason that guys would buy Usain Bolt's shoes to look cool and girls would buy Serena's shoes to look cool.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Who is Hussein Bolt?

Man nobody cares that his shoes are for track and field. Its not like people buy Jordans to play basketball.

It would stand to reason that guys would buy Usain Bolt's shoes to look cool and girls would buy Serena's shoes to look cool.

Some of his shoes have spikes on them . Where in the ? can you wear spikes but on a track? Basketball shoes are mostly high top shoes. They have always been worn since the Chuck Taylor days as a casual shoe. That is why they are popular. Nobody is gonna rock track shoes to look cool. Foh. Jogging shoes like the air max will sell but an actual track shoe will only appeal to track athletes.
    As for Serena, she has to compete with Jordans womens line. Jordan is gonna win that contest.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    They sell the most but ain't the only shoe that sells.

Also nobody you mentioned is considered the undisputed GOAT of their sport.

Most people want to be aligned with the best and Jordan is considered the best. Damn near everyone else its debatable.

Also folks are brainwashed and Nike shoes horrible when it comes to quality.

Serena is the undisputed GOAT. I think she has more championships than anyone.

Also I forgot Tiger Woods. He was The GOAT of golf at one point.

And nobody's seeing Tom Brady when it comes to tossing the pigskin.

Tennis not mainstream, still viewed mainly by white people and still considered a white persons sport. As wrong as they might be plenty of white will still argue Billie Jean King is still the GOAT female tennis player

Tiger is viewed as a whitewashed cornball and a sucka. Most of all he not views as the undisputed GOAT of golf

Tom Brady is not even considered the undisputed GOAT QB let alone just plain ol football player regardless of position

@ bolded...

idi-amin-laughing.gif
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Dumb logic by the t/s.