How Come Jordans Are The Only Sneakers That Sell?

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marketing

What Nike did in the 80s and 90s can't be replicated. To this day companies study Nike and what they did with advertising. Not only with MJ, he just happened to be the first, but whatever they touched turned to gold.

MJ was becoming a global superstar and Nike played into that. So what did they do? They put him out as much as they could and soon other brands jumped on board. Before you knew it MJ was like walking billboard.

Nike, Gatorade, Hanes, Mcdonalds, Wheaties etc. There were so many things you could identify with MJ. Then you mix in the times, the culture started to shift. TV was on more and longer which means commercials are everywhere. Jordans were essentially seen as a status symbol just look at "Do the Right Thing".

MJs greatness mixed with the genius marketing of Nike is the reason why Jordans are so special.

Everything you posted makes sense.

I just wonder why they couldn't use the same formula for another athlete like Serena Williams. It seems like you should be able to get black girls to cop her sneakers. I think African American girls are more likely to buy Jordans than Serena's line, which I find strange.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, I remember when Run DMC had their own line of Adidas.

But the problem was when their music stopped being hot their sneaker line went out of style.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just accept this bodega ? will never fully understand a point from whoever has a opposite standpoint as his self. ? brain is kiddie pool deep
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

But the problem was when their music stopped being hot their sneaker line went out of style.

Nobody cared about shelltoes except ? ass nyers who never left the stoop

• *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have a question for all you snearker heads in here. My man's born day is coming up and I want to suprise him with a gift. He usually rocks expensive kicks from high end designers like Valentino, Giuseppe Zanotti, Chanel etc. Since I'm on a budget and refuse to drop that much money on shoes, do you all think he'll like these?
    dywlykfpewt7.jpg
    @5th Letter @Beta @Busta Carmichael @iKingGodGivBiz @5 Grand @T. Sanford
    I would really love to see what you all think about the situation. Should I cop these for him or nah?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a question for all you snearker heads in here. My man's born day is coming up and I want to suprise him with a gift.

@*~queenbee~*

Stopped reading here....scust
  • *~queenbee~*
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I have a question for all you snearker heads in here. My man's born day is coming up and I want to suprise him with a gift.

@*~queenbee~*

Aww online bae, don't be like that. If you were my man, would you rock those Under Armour kicks or nah? Or would you do some sneaky ? and try to return them back for a refund?
  • Beta
    edited January 2017
    Options

@*~queenbee~*

Aww online bae, don't be like that. If you were my man, would you rock those Under Armour kicks or nah? Or would you do some sneaky ? and try to return them back for a refund?

Cant tell if you trolling with these ugly ass kicks but atleast I know why you always ignore my ?

I respect it

To answer your question though if its serious, get these ugly ass nursing home 5's outta here

I am gonna PM you a question though that I dont want you to ignore please
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Those shoes are trash. I'd do outdoor chores in them if I had to keep them
  • Beta
    Options
    @TheBoyRo

You would buy them though right?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @TheBoyRo

You would buy them though right?

smh u know i got 2 $50 gift cards to foot locker i need to use. I may need y'all opinion on some shoes
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »

Nobody cared about shelltoes except ? ass nyers who never left the stoop

Those shoes are trash.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If my woman bought me them shoes on my birthday then I am changing my relationship status to single
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a question for all you snearker heads in here. My man's born day is coming up and I want to suprise him with a gift. He usually rocks expensive kicks from high end designers like Valentino, Giuseppe Zanotti, Chanel etc. Since I'm on a budget and refuse to drop that much money on shoes, do you all think he'll like these?
    dywlykfpewt7.jpg
    @5th Letter @Beta @Busta Carmichael @iKingGodGivBiz @5 Grand @T. Sanford
    I would really love to see what you all think about the situation. Should I cop these for him or nah?

My advice to your boyfriend based off those shoes
    302-a-Bronx-Tale-quotes.gif
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I'm not feeling the shoes queenbee
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is hilarious..... how u gonn buy ur dude some shoes u wouldclown him for wearing if he tried to holla at u when u were single? Them grandpa shoes
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My problem is that I have wide feet. The only Nikes that fit are the Air Monrachs which only come in Black and White

ig6pnpkgokg7s3dyafjc.jpg

Man what is deez. Nike senior citizen shoes

This is ? hilarious coming from another OG LMAO
  • *~queenbee~*
    Options

Thanks for giving me your honest opinion @Busta Carmichael. Unlike these other girls in here, you weren't rude about the situation. Enjoy the rest of your day love!!! <3<3<3
  • T. Sanford
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks for giving me your honest opinion @Busta Carmichael. Unlike these other girls in here, you weren't rude about the situation. Enjoy the rest of your day love!!! <3<3<3

@*~queenbee~* let me be more generous since you tagged me for advice. No, don't buy those tho. What's your price range?
  • Beta
    Options

Thanks for giving me your honest opinion "Busta Carmichael." Unlike these other girls in here, you weren't rude about the situation. Enjoy the rest of your day love!!! <3<3<3

You sending hearts to other ? now? I'm done
  • *~queenbee~*
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

@*~queenbee~* let me be more generous since you tagged me for advice. No, don't buy those tho. What's your price range?

@T. Sanford it's from $150-$275. If you had to work with those numbers, what brand would you splurge on?
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

@T. Sanford it's from $150-$275. If you had to work with those numbers, what brand would you splurge on?

Well I have an epic crave for Nike Air Max. They have some good colorways (depend on the pair you pick) but with your price range, you can damn near purchase any dope shoe. Don't get anything bland. I like to buy shoes that gravitates. I'll try to inbox you a couple of dope kicks
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    It's weird at this point...they just keep re releasing the classics and people keep buying them

Yeezus just breathed life into Addidas though

Man that ? Kanye pushing all types of the boost shoes just by rocking them. I use them for marathons and half marathons cause the shoes are life changing with the padding. But Kanye wore a few of those boost running shoes and randomly they won't be available online.

? got so bad Adidas made a 2nd version of the recent Adidias boost running shoes that is not as stylish but has the same quality for running. I had to buy that for a race this fall because the stylish ones were sold out due to Yeezy fans.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the t/s