The moment where you became a man(in your opinion)

Options
Mvpbrodie93
Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Growing Pains
Discuss.......

Comments

• m. trinidad
    m. trinidad Members Posts: 132
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The moment where I thought about my girl more than myself. I was like 22 at the time. I was at work...heard that Outkast would be signing cd's at this hood record shop.
    I was supposed to stay at work til like 5:30-6:00pm but I made up a lie and dipped out, called my homie and was like yo...lets dip. I gotta get my girl this signed cd...my dude was down to roll with me so I picked him up at his job and we waited outside the store like 3-4 hrs and were still like 15-20th in line but I got the cds and posters for my girl. I honestly never thought about doing that for a chick nor did i ever really think about anyone else before myself like that.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    when i had my first son...i was 21 and realized that someone else would actually have to depend on me
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    when i registered for selected service at 18. i was going to the USAF anyway, but just by doing that,... ? felt real, real.

pi
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The moment where I thought about my girl more than myself. I was like 22 at the time. I was at work...heard that Outkast would be signing cd's at this hood record shop.
    I was supposed to stay at work til like 5:30-6:00pm but I made up a lie and dipped out, called my homie and was like yo...lets dip. I gotta get my girl this signed cd...my dude was down to roll with me so I picked him up at his job and we waited outside the store like 3-4 hrs and were still like 15-20th in line but I got the cds and posters for my girl. I honestly never thought about doing that for a chick nor did i ever really think about anyone else before myself like that.

really bruh? u became a man because of this?
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    really bruh? u became a man because of this?

rofl, I thought I was the only one that was think wtf.
  • Jsince90s
    Jsince90s Members Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Im makin that transition now I don't know what the future hold but my minds changin im wisin up and gettin more mature, the real maturity not that " your so mature for your age " ? . Im 17.
  • adagreat
    adagreat Members Posts: 679
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the moment my goatee and chin strapp connected! smh!
  • A1 Famega
    A1 Famega Members Posts: 33
    edited January 2011
    Options
    whn i started planning and thinking ahead without reacting off emotion
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    when I was 14 and moms shoved me out the front door saying" go mo a lawn, wash some cars. Anything to help me w/ these bills."
  • daboyskill
    daboyskill Members Posts: 165
    edited January 2011
    Options
    when i turned 18 n my parents divorced...thats when i realized what life is all about and i had to get my ? together
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i always thought i was a man...until i had my first child then i wanted to stop being an ? and hanging out, all i wanted to do was take care of my child and he became my priority....i began to want more in life and began to realize that i cant bang every woman alive and that i needed to prepare for not just my future an retirement but to prepare for my kids future.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When I realized my parents weren't that bad, but not good either. When i first saw my dad as a person.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When i started valuing my own opinion over anybody else and realized i had to live my life so was going do it my way
  • Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    when i grew ? hair
  • Zeeofafb
    Zeeofafb Members Posts: 12
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When I realized everything I'd been taught was someone else's opinion
  • philippkorikong
    philippkorikong Members Posts: 22
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zeeofafb makes agood point. I remember that part of my life when I had to throw away what others were telling me. As far as becoming a man....I been working since I was 5 for 8 hours a day. Seriously, during my summers. At 15 I was buying my own groceries and cooking. At 16 I was in college so, I don't know man.
  • luke1733
    Options
    Becoming a "man" is kinda a weird way to think. Sometime I still feel like a kid trying to be a man, until I see some other men that really act like kids
  • luke1733
    Options
  • luke1733
    Options
    There are some changes you recognize. One was when I started really thinking about if what people were saying and what I was reading how I felt or was I convinced. Another moment was when I realized I would never ask anyone, not even my parents for money. Another
  • luke1733
    Options
    Another was when I realized I couldn't get any company or actors to invest in my ideas or productions if I wasn't willing to use my own savings and money and invest in my own equipment and productions--which means paying people. Another was when I realized I wasn't always right. Another was when I had to be honest about my personality traits that were just normal for me versus my personality traits I could use to get a job or be friendly and around people and knowing the difference between the two. I can go all day with changes I realized. The biggest was when I was actually 10 in 6th grade and realized I was alone in this world and nobody is coming to your defense and good things do happen to bad people. It was a wake up call to realize there wasn't any purpose for my life and that things just happen; you can either do something or not
  • wittin
    wittin Members Posts: 17
    Options
    Zeeofafb wrote: »
    When I realized everything I'd been taught was someone else's opinion
    Partly this, I feel like it was after this realization and the subsequent development of critical and rational thought to form my own opinions based on the facts, and to know that I couldn't have had access to ALL the relevant facts on any given subject, so it is important to hold that certain degree of open mindedness and always remember that I could be wrong and thus should never discount new information that could change my opinion on something. The world became a very different place after this.