3 on 3 ... Who you got?

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah the human race aint evolve ? ? ..
    but sports.. medicine.. science.. training and conditioning have tho.. Bird can step his hobbled non athletic ass on the court if he wants to..

now answer the question!!?
    aint u from Boston or some ? !?

New England is ur team and Bird is ur hero!?

call me a lie!!?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then that goes for every sport not just basketball, the Muhammad Ali's of the world couldn't hang with the heavyweights of today, the Walter Payton's, Joe Montana's, Mike Singletary's wouldn't even get a roster spot in today's game, the Ozzie Smith's, Ricky Henderson's wouldn't make it out of double a, you see how ridiculous you sound yet? While the ? you said is true it has nothing to do with athletes just being better athletes because of it, it relates more to healing from injuries, prolonging your career and things of that nature, Jordan and Dominique didn't have all that ? in the 80's and Jordan is the greatest athlete of all time (Bird was ? on them both)

Now take a ? seat and eat this L you been served clown
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Athleticism don't make you a better player, skill set does. I know a lot of us in here not hooping no more but playing a bigger, stronger,faster young cat you'd still ? him. The game is in your head first, chess, not checkers
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then that goes for every sport not just basketball, the Muhammad Ali's of the world couldn't hang with the heavyweights of today, the Walter Payton's, Joe Montana's, Mike Singletary's wouldn't even get a roster spot in today's game, the Ozzie Smith's, Ricky Henderson's wouldn't make it out of double a, you see how ridiculous you sound yet? While the ? you said is true it has nothing to do with athletes just being better athletes because of it, it relates more to healing from injuries, prolonging your career and things of that nature, Jordan and Dominique didn't have all that ? in the 80's and Jordan is the greatest athlete of all time (Bird was ? on them both)

? don't take what the Celtics did as a team and attribute that ? to Bird alone like the ? was a one on one game.

Yes Wilkins and Bird had some high scoring games against each other. But Bird NEVER ? on MJ or D. Wilkins.

You letting your emotions get the best you with that statement.
  • its....JOHN B
    D. Morgan wrote: »

? don't take what the Celtics did as a team and attribute that ? to Bird alone like the ? was a one on one game.

Yes Wilkins and Bird had some high scoring games against each other. But Bird NEVER ? on MJ or D. Wilkins.

Is that the best y'all can do is tell me I'm emotional?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svHk8Zntc5g

DO YOUR HOMEWORK
  • CapitalB

DO YOUR HOMEWORK

notice u didnt call me a lie..
  • D. Morgan

DO YOUR HOMEWORK

LLS at this being your evidence.

? like I said Bird NEVER ? on MJ.

My point in saying you being emotional is true talking about Bird "? " MJ and D. Wilkins. Not your whole argument which again your reply proves you being emotional about this whole thing.
  • its....JOHN B
    Bruh sit this one out you're talking in circles and not making sense, that's a 9 minute video of Bird ? on Jordan so yea that is proof
  • D. Morgan
    Bruh sit this one out you're talking in circles and not making sense, that's a 9 minute video of Bird ? on Jordan so yea that is proof

Its not proof cause on plenty of those plays Jordan wasn't the man checking Bird when Bird scored so that makes part of the video ? in itself. By seeing that I didn't even watch the whole video. Then WTF does Jordan being a corporate ? have to do with anything which the video started out on. So that alone lets you know the video on some bias ? and straight up about basketball only.

You posting that is like me posting Jordan 63 point game on Celtics screaming how Jordan just ? on Bird.

That ? would be dumb just like ? you post is dumb and not proof of anything ? but Bird having a good game.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited January 2017
    I had Bron top 5 all time and I can dig up the thread if it's really that's serious, I mean king Hassan just posted facts but y'all want to disregard everything he said and just tell me I'm emotional, you took exception to me saying Bird used to ? on these dudes then I posted evidence but then you come back telling me it never happened, and this ? ? is disregarding every athlete prior to what the year 2000 what because they weren't dieting the same, put your egos to the side take your L and keep it moving damn
  • D. Morgan
    By the way I'm not in your argument with Boss.

I'm just stating that you saying Bird used to "? " on MJ and D. Wilkins is some ? .

Thats it. Don't give a ? about nothing else you talking about in regards to this thread
  • its....JOHN B
    That part is bias and unnecessary I don't have Bird above Jordan but in his prime he used to ? on him, now YOU'RE getting emotional
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2017
    Athleticism don't make you a better player, skill set does. I know a lot of us in here not hooping no more but playing a bigger, stronger,faster young cat you'd still ? him. The game is in your head first, chess, not checkers

nah Big Homie @kinghassan ..
    what u sayin would make sense if LeBron wasnt athlectically and skillfully superior to Bird..

Bird could THEN lean on his Skill..
    if Bron aint more skilled, which i truly believe.. he's JUS AS SKILLED..

when Jordan couldnt athletically dominate his competition he turned his back to the basket and shot his fadeaways and used his footwork to outmaneuver his opponent..

when we ball we aint as fast as we use to be so we use our "old man strength" and lean on younger players and wear them out in the long run..

Bird is not faster.. HAS NEVER BEEN.. he is not stronger.. HAS NEVER BEEN.. he has nothing to "lean on" to give him an edge in this..

im done talkin to that RnB singer until he call me a lie or admit he's in his feeling about his white saviour..
    but u i hve respect for and really want to get to the bottom of this..

im not talkin basketball legacy..
    Bird is solidified..
    im talkin about a 3 on 3 pick up game and Bird havin to match up wit LeBron and they the two biggest muthafuckas on the court..

no Mchale.. no Parish..

? is he go do wit LeBron!?
    both Jordan and Iverson go have they hands tied with they matchups to offer help cause if they do advantage automatically goes to whomever they stickin..

good luck leavin Steph open and better luck runnin at Kobe..
  • CapitalB

didnt read past the second line by the way..
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

what u sayin would make sense if LeBron wasnt athlectically and skillfully superior to Bird..

when Jordan couldnt athletically dominate his competition he turned his back to the basket and shot his fadeaways and used his footwork to outmaneuver his opponent..

when we ball we aint as fast as we use to be so we use our "old man strength" and lean on younger players and wear them out in the long run..

Bird is not faster.. HAS NEVER BEEN.. he is not stronger.. HAS NEVER BEEN.. he has nothing to "lean on" to give him an edge in this..

im done talkin to that RnB singer until he call me a lie or admit he's in his feeling about his white saviour..

Bird is solidified..
    im talkin about a 3 on 3 pick up game and Bird havin to match up wit LeBron and they the two biggest muthafuckas on the court..

no Mchale.. no Parish..

both Jordan and Iverson go have they hands tied with they matchups to offer help cause if they do advantage automatically goes to whomever they stickin..

In the long run Bron would wear him out, he does have a better handle and in a one on one Bird is done, and then again it's more ISO ball now where Bird used the pic and he was in good condition, and on the other hand Bird did have a lot more moves, step backs and fakes and could flat out shoot, and Bird had that bad back for a long time, that's what caused him to retire. And that one thing that kills Bron everytime is that he gets frustrated and will quit, Bird was a known killer.
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2017

Bird is solidified..

no Mchale.. no Parish..

In the long run Bron would wear him out, he does have a better handle and in a one on one Bird is done, and then again it's more ISO ball now where Bird used the pic and he was in good condition, and on the other hand Bird did have a lot more moves, step backs and fakes and could flat out shoot, and Bird had that bad back for a long time, that's what caused him to retire. And that one thing that kills Bron everytime is that he gets frustrated and will quit, Bird was a known killer.

"get frutrated and quit"

u talkin about LeBron Cleveland 1.0
    that aint LeBrin Cleveland 2.0

that aint even LeBron Miami outside of his first finals with them..

that mentally weak LeBron is dead and burried.
    yall cant sit here and hold him to ? 5-7 years ago..

thats unfair..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curry got the cheat code of the extra point cuz of the 3... Bron abuses Bird and AI makes Currys ankle hurt. Kobe vs Jordan is the closest.. but Jordan more efficient... I can see Kobe hitting a tough 3 over Jordan then being ignanat shooting 4 more heat check ones costing them the game....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of folks are sleeping on Bird big time in this thread and it's a damn shame.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that people still run with the idea that Bron can't shoot. You do not want to leave him open and when that 3 working it's a wrap.
  • its....JOHN B
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlMEC_HAzU

Imagine Bird getting shook of Cooper/Magic/Worthy checking back into the game...
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lebron bball IQ is by far the most underrated part of his game

nobody ever gives him credit for it

they just think hes all athleticism

which is why they criticize him for making the right basketball play rather than taking bad last second shots

guys like

gerald green
    jamario moon
    eddie robinson
    etc

would be all time greats if you could only depend on athleticism
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as for lebrons mental toughness or lack thereof

its difficult to discuss

its also how you define toughness

variables

hes exhibited both sides of the equation

from making it out of a situation where failure was a foregone conclusion and living under a microscope and higher expectations we have ever had for a player since he was 16 years old AND EXCEEDING IT to those 2011 finals where lebron was passing the ball with jj barrea guarding him

lmao

he was shook

strangest finals ive ever watched

but at this point of his career lebron is like keanu reeves at the end of the first matrix

he became who he was supposed to be

and now hes just gonna do whatever he wants
  • D. Morgan
    It's funny that people still run with the idea that Bron can't shoot. You do not want to leave him open and when that 3 working it's a wrap.

Thing with LeBron his jumpshot the weakest part of his game.

So yes I'm going to give him that jumpshot to start the game off with and if he hitting then push up and contest.
  • its....JOHN B
    ckfree wrote: »
    as for lebrons mental toughness or lack thereof

its difficult to discuss

its also how you define toughness

variables

hes exhibited both sides of the equation

from making it out of a situation where failure was a foregone conclusion and living under a microscope and higher expectations we have ever had for a player since he was 16 years old AND EXCEEDING IT to those 2011 finals where lebron was passing the ball with jj barrea guarding him

lmao

he was shook

strangest finals ive ever watched

but at this point of his career lebron is like keanu reeves at the end of the first matrix

he became who he was supposed to be

and now hes just gonna do whatever he wants

Nah, I'm trolling these clowns that don't know ? about Bird at this point, I was most impressed two years ago when he lost Kyrie and Love and still had Cleveland warring, and last year that block on Iggy is his moment like when Bird stole the ball from Isiah and dished it to DJ, he wasn't always mentally tough I remember Boston had him meditating on the bench but I respect that, then he went out and had that game 6, I'm done hating on him, but I'm also done listening to these no bball iq having clowns that are talking about something they have no idea about