how would you reintroduce Candyman to the new generation?

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who you got playing him?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I would just show them the first movie.

this and only this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Options
    First one is classic, never saw any of the sequels though.

That shot where Helen crawls through the hole in the wall and the camera pans back to show the mural of Candyman, with the hole she crawled through being his mouth.

The lil boy being castrated in the bathroom was ? up though.
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Options
    Great score as well.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrifying film. I saw it when I was 5 and was scarred for life. Had nightmares for years.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That movie gives me the creeps rumor is that the director was a heavy acid user in the 70s thats how he could make such a ? up film
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    That movie gives me the creeps rumor is that the director was a heavy acid user in the 70s thats how he could make such a ? up film

Add to that Clive Barker always had a pretty ? up imagination. It's what made him a master of horror.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Add to that Clive Barker always had a pretty ? up imagination. It's what made him a master of horror.

I've read that Barker is going to be the writer for a Hellraiser remake.

The original Hellraiser was the only good one out of the series to me (only seen up to the 3rd one) and if im not mistaken, he was only heavily involved in the first one (EP credit on the other films, Wrote and produced the first one) Excited to see if he can write a hellraiser thats just as ? up as the first one.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'd turn Candyman into a mutant failed experiment from the government where they tried to create the ultimate weapon, half man, half chocolate. Now, imagine the T-1000 from Terminator 2, but with chocolate instead of liquid metal. That's him.

He escapes his government facility at Area 51 just before they decided to scrap the program and melt him for lunch in the cafeteria. He shows up in Las Vegas homeless.

He begins helping people using his newfound power, like this ? stops a bank robbery (he's bulletproof too) by throwing hot chuncks of chocolate into their eyes and mouths severely burning them. Then as they're on the floor in pain, he looks at them and says "Too much chocolate is bad for you."

Then the government finds out he's been helping the community and the man can't have that so they send a well trained assassin on him codenamed The Dentist. He chokes people with super strong floss and stabs people with toothbrushes.

Epic showdown.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually would focus more on the Othello/slavery/racism element in this time.

Candyman always deserved better sequels.

I don't even remember what the sequels were about.

part 1 is classic.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    I actually would focus more on the Othello/slavery/racism element in this time.

Candyman always deserved better sequels.

I don't even remember what the sequels were about.

part 1 is classic.

I believe one of em was exactly what you said in the first sentence.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

I've read that Barker is going to be the writer for a Hellraiser remake.

The original Hellraiser was the only good one out of the series to me (only seen up to the 3rd one) and if im not mistaken, he was only heavily involved in the first one (EP credit on the other films, Wrote and produced the first one) Excited to see if he can write a hellraiser thats just as ? up as the first one.

He was heavily involved with the first 2 Hellraisers; directing the original. Those 2 were the best by far and yes he's been trying to remake it for years now. Wants to make the remake even more like The Hellbound Heart novel.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Id start the movie off showing a bedroom full of college cheerleaders messing around in front of a mirror chanting his name over and over. And then bam! Candyman climbs through the mirror on some CGI ? and starts tearin all the Cheerleaders to pieces. The story can progress with mad family members wanting revenge for those murdered by Candyman(mothers, brothers, sisters, uncles, fathers etc) idris elba as Candyman
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The baby he kidnapped, who is now an adult, begins to have visions of Candyman's pending resurrection.

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hard to do since Cabrini Green closed down
    Candyman moves to Gary Indiana
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'd turn Candyman into a mutant failed experiment from the government where they tried to create the ultimate weapon, half man, half chocolate. Now, imagine the T-1000 from Terminator 2, but with chocolate instead of liquid metal. That's him.

He escapes his government facility at Area 51 just before they decided to scrap the program and melt him for lunch in the cafeteria. He shows up in Las Vegas homeless.

He begins helping people using his newfound power, like this ? stops a bank robbery (he's bulletproof too) by throwing hot chuncks of chocolate into their eyes and mouths severely burning them. Then as they're on the floor in pain, he looks at them and says "Too much chocolate is bad for you."

Then the government finds out he's been helping the community and the man can't have that so they send a well trained assassin on him codenamed The Dentist. He chokes people with super strong floss and stabs people with toothbrushes.

Epic showdown.

You mean the ? from the Axe commercials?

latest?cb=20111011193310

You're right... that is scary...