New Edition

LaRoacé
LaRoacé Members Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
What y'all think about the 3 part movie on new edition?

Comments

• LaRoacé
    The said they did a 3 part because there was so much to tell an Hollywood only wanted a 2 hour movie ... I personally like it it's not great or anything but it's better than notorious was for biggie imo
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRoacé wrote: »
    The said they did a 3 part because there was so much to tell an Hollywood only wanted a 2 hour movie ... I personally like it it's not great or anything but it's better than notorious was for biggie imo
    The reason why it's so long cause they sing the whole song and not just do snippets
  • LaRoacé
    Hey man I'm jus goin off the breakfast club interview with bell biv devoe but whatever you say sir
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ? Bobby was off the chain
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To many damn Commercials...... and when they did that photo shoot in the mansion.... where Bobby was sleep...can't remember the year but I think it was Ralph who got dropped off in a 2016 Tahoe/suburban.

Oh yea and quad better be damn good as much as they ran them commercials
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't really expose anything we didn't already know except for their time as kids. That disappointed me because the producer was talking about how big of a fan he was of the group amd how when he interacted with them at the BET 25 he saw that their dynamic wasn't what he thought it was and wanted to do this project.

In the second part I thought they could have went deeper into Johnny's feelings before he recorded Boys to Men. He was ? about that song when he first got it and went into the booth hot..they just showed him in the booth them him and Ralph talking afterwards...

Like someone else said, middle of the road in biopics...good, not great. I'm a fan of NE though from childhood (late 70s) so I appreciated the memories as much as anything...
  • King of GA
    So I made my comments before watching the third segment...Yo...Ricky really put himself out there.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dope movie a new 5 heartbeats for this modern era
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got this on dvr probably watch it sunday
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whay you guys are saying is it was better than surviving compton. Right?
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    I expected this to be terrible...but its actually pretty good...

The acting makes the movie imo...the child actors were all good and the adult actors were great...especially the dudes who played ricky bell and bobby brown...the movie is worth seeing just for the bobby brown stuff...they nailed that
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope flick and I'm a big fan of NE so I was prepared to judge harshly.

I think it was a nice touch to begin and end the movie with the same song (performance). First time ending in chaos and then at end in celebration.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally watched it in order yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot. Music industry is a ? game. That check. Man that was ? up. If I had one thing to nitpick it would be the hair on some of the actors. Bivins hit Gary with that ether though. Wood Harris had the best performance to me.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • King of GA
    One other thing that I found interesting was the Video Soul interview...I can remember very well watching it when I was a kid, about 9 or 10. Of course, being that young I didn't pay attention to the nuances, I was just geeked about NE being on tv...seeing that played out in the movie, then going back to watch the actual interview for the first time since it originally aired had me bugging out...Ralph really was feeling some kinda way...I was waiting for Mike to punch Bobby who was obviously high as hell...

On another note...the movie didn't address Ralph having a drug problem at all...I remember hearing he got pretty deep in it as well...

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they started seeing how each other was feeling..I'd like to think every last one of them looked at Ralph and said, "Brother, I'm sorry. I disn't know."

I really want to hear the album Ralph scrapped...
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King of GA wrote: »
    One other thing that I found interesting was the Video Soul interview...I can remember very well watching it when I was a kid, about 9 or 10. Of course, being that young I didn't pay attention to the nuances, I was just geeked about NE being on tv...seeing that played out in the movie, then going back to watch the actual interview for the first time since it originally aired had me bugging out...Ralph really was feeling some kinda way...I was waiting for Mike to punch Bobby who was obviously high as hell...

On another note...the movie didn't address Ralph having a drug problem at all...I remember hearing he got pretty deep in it as well...

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they started seeing how each other was feeling..I'd like to think every last one of them looked at Ralph and said, "Brother, I'm sorry. I disn't know."

Yeah they really was on point with making sure even the exact same choreography they did at a show they made sure they did the exact same way in the movie.

That BET 25 performance, you could watch the real one and the one from the movie and them actors was on point.

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike talk about it @ the 16 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hegEmiQpWJI

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

Ricky Bell said alot of things in the movie even they didn't know the other person was feeling the way they did and right now they're going through something because the movie brought up old issues that were never really resolved because they didn't talk about them. Especially with Ralph. They never knew how much solo stuff he turned down til they saw the script because each member talked to the writers separately over the course of years to get the story right.

I read about Ralph and his drug problem but it was said he just became a super ? head. I never read he was on anything serious like Bobby and Ricky.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Only thing I don't get is the timeline towards the end though because the One Love album dropped in 2004 and the BET Anniversary special was in 2005...Devoe didn't get married til 2006 when I looked it up on Wikipedia...so when did they get cool enough to do an album again?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Only thing I don't get is the timeline towards the end though because the One Love album dropped in 2004 and the BET Anniversary special was in 2005...Devoe didn't get married til 2006 when I looked it up on Wikipedia...so when did they get cool enough to do an album again?

The 3rd part felt rushed to me